Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

One thing is for sure. The B747 is one hell of a lot better looking than the A380. The A380 has to be a French design. Who else could build something so ugly and find it attractive. :rotflmao

Those pesky French designers, eh? :rotflmao

And I thought the design of the 747 was inspired by the writings of Victor Hugo. :rotflmao

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

The design of the 747 is over 40 years old........ it is a dinosaur, whose future is hauling cargo! It's sales in the passenger sector are now almost non-existent. Admit it Scalywally.... The 747 is dying a slow and painful death.

Edited by TheFiend
One more time, wacky: There is nothing, absolutely nothing, revolutionary about the A380 other than its size.

Nothing. Big it is. Ugly, unfortunately, it is, but revolutionary it is not.

And, by the way, each new generation of the B747 it is updated to the latest technology available at the time, including construction materials, avionics, etc. Wings are redesigned, cockpits changed, etc., etc. From the outside it is a classic design, but from the inside out the latest technology is used. Boeing also updates their aircraft throughout its production cycle.

One thing is for sure. The B747 is one hell of a lot better looking than the A380. The A380 has to be a French design. Who else could build something so ugly and find it attractive. :D

Sounds like sour grapes to me. You should have tried selling the KC767 to the government. Your arguments are just as bad as Boeing.

One thing is for sure. The B747 is one hell of a lot better looking than the A380. The A380 has to be a French design. Who else could build something so ugly and find it attractive. :banana

Hi,

You may be surprised to find I disagree. I was at Thiefrow when the Sibgapore A380 flew in for the first time. It seems smaller and neater than the 747 despite being Biggerand more fuel efficient.. :finger

I have flown in a 747, and after that experience I go out of my way to avoid flying in one..... It is a dinosaur!

And an ugly looking dinosaur at that! :finger

OK,

I've bookmarked your reply.....To come back to haunt you.

Hi,

Eltib, have a bit of compassion, the poor guy has had enough haunting already. :banghead

:grin-jump BigD could use that quote in his relocation thread ....... :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

How apt that quote is. :D I've started to gather the documents the Thai Embassy requires for a retirment visa. So far I've gotten a financial statement from our bank and the criminal records check. Next on my list is the MD certificate. I'm getting a lot closer to making the move. As I've stated before once our daughter is doing well in college were on our way.

BTW our daughter :lovee made the Dean's List and next year will move to a prestigious local university on a academic scholarship. :clap2 :bow :clap2

:clap2 :clap2 :clap2 The Thai Embassy doesn't issue retirement visas. :grin-jump

It's sad your comprehension must be slipping as I didn't write the Thai Embassy issues retirment visa. :D

It's sad your comprehension must be slipping as I didn't write the Thai Embassy issues retirment visa. :grin-jump

Nothing wrong with my comprehension. This is what you wrote ......

"I've started to gather the documents the Thai Embassy requires for a retirment visa."

The Thai Embassy doesn't require any documents for a retirment visa for no other reason than they don't issue them.

The Thai Embassy doesn't require any documents for a retirment visa for no other reason than they don't issue them.

Yep he sure did. :clap2

Since the Thai Embassy is part of the government of Thailand and list the documents needed to get a

retirment visa................. Your point is? O that's right your just being a wanker. :clap2

Being just a little picky maybe?

Yes, technically it's the consular office at the Royal Thai Embassy:

Consular Office

Royal Thai Embassy

1024 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., Suite 101

Washington, D.C. 20007

e-mail : visa@thaiembdc.org

http://www.thaiembdc.org

Tel. (202) 298-4817, Fax. (202) 944-3641

In country it's the Immigration Bureau.

Can we really expect a guy who tries putting film into a DSLR to know the difference? :clap2

~Sa-teef

Being just a little picky maybe?

Yes, technically it's the consular office at the Royal Thai Embassy:

Consular Office

Royal Thai Embassy

1024 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., Suite 101

Washington, D.C. 20007

e-mail : visa@thaiembdc.org

http://www.thaiembdc.org

Tel. (202) 298-4817, Fax. (202) 944-3641

In country it's the Immigration Bureau.

Can we really expect a guy who tries putting film into a DSLR to know the difference? :bigsmile:

~Sa-teef

I've been having a lot of fun with my Nikon D80 since I bought it. When our daughter made the Dean's List I asked her what she'd like as a present and she asked for a D80. Since I bought her the camera we've been going around taking lots of photo's. Last week we were in the Italian market in Philly getting people shot's. Next week looks to be a day or two in Cape May, New Jersey. One of the coolest things about being a Dad is when your adult child wants to spend time with you.

I've been having a lot of fun with my Nikon D80 since I bought it. When our daughter made the Dean's List I asked her what she'd like as a present and she asked for a D80. Since I bought her the camera we've been going around taking lots of photo's. Last week we were in the Italian market in Philly getting people shot's. Next week looks to be a day or two in Cape May, New Jersey. One of the coolest things about being a Dad is when your adult child wants to spend time with you.

You should have bought her a D200! Much better quality camera and not much more in price than a D80...... Although it has been replaced by the D300, there are still a few available in the shops.

I just bought my daughter a Sony laptop for her 18th..... in her words it was a "friggen excellent" present :bigsmile: But since she now has a boyfriend, dad is only the ATM now... :bigsmile:

When she finishes school next year I'll be taking her on a trip to New Zealand, Australia and Thailand.

You should have bought her a D200! Much better quality camera and not much more in price than a D80...... Although it has been replaced by the D300, there are still a few available in the shops.

I just bought my daughter a Sony laptop for her 18th..... in her words it was a "friggen excellent" present :bigsmile: But since she now has a boyfriend, dad is only the ATM now... :bigsmile:

When she finishes school next year I'll be taking her on a trip to New Zealand, Australia and Thailand.

When we went shopping for the camera, I suggested the D300 but she said it was to much money and she'd rather have the D80.

Years ago my daughter and I travelled through New Zealand and I rented a camper van for 30 days. NZ is a great scenery trip with good roads. If you take the ferry from Wellington to the South Island book in advance as you'll save some major bucks.

One of the coolest things about being a Dad is when your adult child wants to spend time with you.

It must be a bit of a bummer for her to find out that he's away to rough up some Asian prostitutes again. There again, she's probably chuffed. :clap2

I wonder what she'll think later in life when she looks back on her teenage years and remembers that he preferrred the company of prostitutes and was never there for her when she wanted. Kinda sad. :D

Edited by CheshireTom
Years ago my daughter and I travelled through New Zealand and I rented a camper van for 30 days. NZ is a great scenery trip with good roads. If you take the ferry from Wellington to the South Island book in advance as you'll save some major bucks.

I didn't know that Skytop rented out campers too? 2guns

It must be a bit of a bummer for her to find out that he's away to rough up some Asian prostitutes again. There again, she's probably chuffed. :clap2

I wonder what she'll think later in life when she looks back on her teenage years and remembers that he preferrred the company of prostitutes and was never there for her when she wanted. Kinda sad. :banghead

Hopefully, she didn't have to endure that... :D

I wonder what she'll think later in life when she looks back on her teenage years and remembers that he preferrred the company of prostitutes and was never there for her when she wanted. Kinda sad. :D

I bought a new 2009 Pontiac Vibe, all wheel drive car the other day. We've been making a few Dad & daughter trips out to rural Pennsylvania taking pictures and one of the nice things about having a Garmin GPS, we may run out of a dirt road but were never lost. Over the years I've taken our daughter on many trips and still could afford to come to Pattaya three to five times a year.

Few years ago one of our daughters teacher's asked if she was an only child? I said yes she is. The teacher said she doesn't act like one. I laughed and responded, my wife and I spent many hours making sure she felt loved but not entitled.

Over the years almost all of our daughters friends have told us they wish they had parents like us. Not because our daughter lived well but because we listened to her and had respect for her as a person.

I'm more then satisfied with the job, I've done as a father. We have a well adjusted, happy young women whose turning into a fine adult.

EADS faces new US lawsuits over Airbus insider trading claims

Last Updated: 11:44pm BST 17/06/2008

European aerospace group EADS faces a number of fresh legal challenges in the US over accusations of insider trading.

EADS is the subject of at least two new separate lawsuits relating to the company's investment in plane manufacturer Airbus.

Delays to the Airbus A380 "Super Jumbo" led to EADS's shares falling by 26pc in one day in June 2006, and sparked a crisis at the parent company from which it is not yet fully recovered.

One of the lawsuits, filed by New York solicitors Dreier, alleges that Airbus's parent company and its controlling shareholders - Daimler and Lagardere - committed securities fraud and insider trading related to delays in delivering the Super Jumbo in 2005-6.

More on aerospace

Dreier's lawsuit was filed on behalf of individual EADS shareholder Danielle Bobin. It also targets two senior EADS managers who are US citizens.

A second, filed on behalf of an unnamed institutional investor and undisclosed individual investors by San Diego law firm Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins, cites similar complaints and violations of the Exchange Act in how the company allegedly misled investors when selling EADS shares.

The allegations are sparked by EADs's actions in summer 2006, but for the first time allege that EADS continued to conceal the extent of the problems until March, when it issued a press release announcing a loss of €446m for 2007 related to Airbus's production delays over the A380.

EADS and its major shareholders have consistently denied charges of insider trading and fraud, which are the result of a number of major investigations in both France and Germany as to whether investors and directors knew about the Super Jumbo's delays when they sold down positions in EADS.

A French court has placed former EADS co-chief executive Noel Forgeard under formal investigation and is expected to question a handful of other current or former executives and representatives of the major shareholders as a result.

Although EADS is not American nor is it quoted on a US stock exchange - it is legally domiciled in Amsterdam - the lawsuits have been filed in the US because the lawyers involved argue that the company does enough business in the US and has enough American shareholders.

An EADS spokesman said: "We are convinced we have followed all rules applying to financial communications."

I'm curious do the French still place prisoners on Devil's Island? :clap2

Dreier's lawsuit was filed on behalf of individual EADS shareholder Danielle Bobin. It also targets two senior EADS managers who are US citizens.

LOL. The Bobin woman must have gone to the same school as BigD ........... :clap2 She ain't having much luck with this investment lark, is she?

''This company seduced hundreds of thousands of people,'' says Danielle Bobin, a Paris public-works employee who bought 6,000 Eurotunnel shares 12 years ago for $18,000. Now the shares are worth $6,000. For Bobin and fellow shareholders, what once looked like the deal of a lifetime may never pay off.

LOL. The Bobin woman must have gone to the same school as BigD ........... :bigsmile: She ain't having much luck with this investment lark, is she?

''This company seduced hundreds of thousands of people,'' says Danielle Bobin, a Paris public-works employee who bought 6,000 Eurotunnel shares 12 years ago for $18,000. Now the shares are worth $6,000. For Bobin and fellow shareholders, what once looked like the deal of a lifetime may never pay off.

I agree, whats the difference of this idiot and the people that bought Boeing stock @ $90 per share? (Hub)

I don't see Hub suing Boeing for losing his investment...

It will be tossed out of court on lack of merit.

Edited by eltib