Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

house plans

anybody have a and house plans, material's used and costings for a house they have built in LOS ?

trying to get an idea of if it is a viable option as i've spotted 2 acres of land i like up country for 100k Baht .

seems a snip at that price and may be viable to stick a house on there ready for the time i get bored of pattaya .

have looked into land purchase How's & Not's (diff type of land types and lease back etc etc) so don't need the negative sides given me .

googled it and all the sites with info see to want people to part with £100 just to look for ideas .

send me a PM over if you have any plans, materials to be used, example costings and i'll pm my email addy back.

cheers

If you find anything can you PM me please?

I'd like to knock something up in the Philippines (home not girl).

Have a look at this....

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/

The link was posted on here a while back by another BM (thanks whoever you are).

Haven't read it for a long time but I found it an interesting read, might be of some use to you.

1. Where up country are you talking about???

2. Is the land town centre, village with road or track access, village with no road access?

3. Does it have utilities ( water/electricity) already available or can be installed?

I am building a house between Kamphaengphet and Nackon Sawan. It is village with road access and water and electricity avilable.( Water was only plumbed into the village last year.

I will be back in April and maybe I will post photos and an overall cost. I can then PM you with more detailed costs if you wish...

BTW this is my second house and marriage in LOS....The first was a disaster in Issan!!!

1. Where up country are you talking about???

2. Is the land town centre, village with road or track access, village with no road access?

3. Does it have utilities ( water/electricity) already available or can be installed?

I am building a house between Kamphaengphet and Nackon Sawan. It is village with road access and water and electricity avilable.( Water was only plumbed into the village last year.

I will be back in April and maybe I will post photos and an overall cost. I can then PM you with more detailed costs if you wish...

BTW this is my second house and marriage in LOS....The first was a disaster in Issan!!!

1/ near wangnamyen sakeo

2/ road access, around 2km from village centre

3/ electric available, water lol delivery job i think

Most of the stuff you can access through Google

Thai house plans is a good site...however plenty of others

Please keep us posted as very interested myself.

Hey Bullfrog,

A good lady friend of mine has a house outside Khampheangphet and was talking to her today...

Closed the house down 8 years ago

She says that their are some good old ruins of wats there,

(Stuff I like)

that she wants to show me

Sounds like I might like the place if there are a few BMs there as well !!

Edited by dacah
Hey Bullfrog,

A good lady friend of mine has a house outside Khampheangphet and was talking to her today...

Closed the house down 8 years ago

She says that their are some good old ruins of wats there,

(Stuff I like)

that she wants to show me

Sounds like I might like the place if there are a few BMs there as well !!

Hi Mate,

Kamphaeng cetainly has some old ruins which I intend to go around when I am back in April. There are also waterfalls in an easy drive away.The last time we were there a wild monkey attacked us ( I have to admit that I ran away with my beer + let Mama fight it off with a stick). I am putting the family up in the Phet Hotel which has a nice bar outside with live music..

We are near Tamakluah. I don't know too much about the expats in KPPT because Mrs Bullfrog and I have been in West Africa for a couple of years + taking home trips every 3 months...However I have a very good Kiwi friend of over ten years who lives in Pichit and we get together whenever we are home.Also whilst in Africa we met many Thais who live in the area including one married to a Dane that has a house very near us.

All in all things are looking up for me and the area and people here are totally different than when I lived in Issan..

1/ near wangnamyen sakeo

2/ road access, around 2km from village centre

3/ electric available, water lol delivery job i think

Hi Mate,

I am not quite sure where this is, can you give the nearest large town?

Water is important. When I lived in Issan it was pumped up from underground. and can get a bit "mucky + green" at the wrong time of year and the only option for washing is captured rain water or Thai washroom which can be effing cold in the winter.

Believe me when I say living like this for several years is alot more difficult than a couple of months holiday...

Go to a half decent bookshop like the one upstairs in BigC centre and you'll find at least a couple of books with house plans and house pictures fo modern, semi modern and traditional Thai homes.

Its very good actually. Have seen a copy but do not own one.

• 4 months later...

Bullfrog

My wife is from that area around kampangphet. She starts building our house in Jan

so hopefully everything goes ok.

Have you checked out the Chakungrao Riverview Hotel in kampangphet.

Brand new hotel that has gotten some good reviews.

By the way if your interested theres a good marble quarry around 40 minutes from

Kampangphet. We stopped there and were quoted prices of 550-850 baht for 1 square

meter. Were looking at doing our floor and bathrooms in marble.

Coolthaihouse, Teakdoor and Thaivisa (forum) web sites all have good information on building houses

and there used to be a few books at Bookazine with plans. Some people just check what plans builders

can do in the area they are building in and go from there. Good luck!

packhike, if you decide to use marble on the bathroom floor do not forget to use sealer on it. Marble is a very soft stone and your aim may be off with dire results.

Taltos, Thanks for the tip. The quarry where we are buying the marble had already

stressed that to the wife. They had done their two bathrooms all in marble and we were

blown away by the way they looked. Luckily they are hooking us up with the same people they

used to install.

anybody have a and house plans, material's used and costings for a house they have built in LOS ?

trying to get an idea of if it is a viable option as i've spotted 2 acres of land i like up country for 100k Baht .

seems a snip at that price and may be viable to stick a house on there ready for the time i get bored of pattaya .

have looked into land purchase How's & Not's (diff type of land types and lease back etc etc) so don't need the negative sides given me .

googled it and all the sites with info see to want people to part with £100 just to look for ideas .

send me a PM over if you have any plans, materials to be used, example costings and i'll pm my email addy back.

cheers

They don't sell land by the acre here. There are about 2.5 rai to the acre and even the cheapest up country land with no electricity or water will cost you more than 20,000 baht per rai. Since you can't legally own land in Thailand anyways, I think you are dreaming.

They don't sell land by the acre here. There are about 2.5 rai to the acre and even the cheapest up country land with no electricity or water will cost you more than 20,000 baht per rai. Since you can't legally own land in Thailand anyways, I think you are dreaming.

well thats nice of you . lol

had forgeten this thread even existed ..

i put 2 acres and that was correct , it was 5 rai . also the price was right as i said above . however it was sor por kor .. so no channote .. owned by relatives of the TGF .. besided all that tho i did not procced with it as i decided i'd be bored stiff up there ... haha

so down to where we are now ..

i'm just about to purchase 100tw, 400sqm near macraban lake (500m away). reasonable price i think for the area..

so now i've got to decide what to build ..

as far as not being able to own it as a farang.. well theres many options are'nt there ! companys , lease back, etc etc .. all to be looked at..

doing lots of research on materials , site forman etc etc ..

i've read a guy at a comapny called rosegate it worth talking to or hiring , anyone used him ?

well thats nice of you . lol

had forgeten this thread even existed ..

i put 2 acres and that was correct , it was 5 rai . also the price was right as i said above . however it was sor por kor .. so no channote .. owned by relatives of the TGF .. besided all that tho i did not procced with it as i decided i'd be bored stiff up there ... haha

so down to where we are now ..

i'm just about to purchase 100tw, 400sqm near macraban lake (500m away). reasonable price i think for the area..

so now i've got to decide what to build ..

as far as not being able to own it as a farang.. well theres many options are'nt there ! companys , lease back, etc etc .. all to be looked at..

doing lots of research on materials , site forman etc etc ..

i've read a guy at a comapny called rosegate it worth talking to or hiring , anyone used him ?

Most guys on the board are happy to help other members, but in your case, you were buying a house in Bang Saray and looking for a surveyor, then land upcountry and now land near the lake in Pattaya. I doubt that you are doing anything other than talking. Let us know when/if you actually buy something. :D

Most guys on the board are happy to help other members, but in your case, you were buying a house in Bang Saray and looking for a surveyor, then land upcountry and now land near the lake in Pattaya. I doubt that you are doing anything other than talking. Let us know when/if you actually buy something. :bigsmile:

descions are hard to make . and the reasoning behind changing my mind on things is getting advise against .

the up country plan was quite a time ago . and advise well recieved told me not to do it as the paperwork with the land was agricutlural. and that building anything more that a hut would be a waste of money without a real channote . i did however build a bungalow up there on lang belonging to the TGF's parents .. total cost 300,000 bht for a 2 bed bungalow finished , not a tale .. Alice came to the buddha house opening party in fact up there ! (not a BF , alice is just a freind) i just do not want to live up there as its too far away from anything . over 100km to the nearest tesco or kfc :sosad !

the house in bang saray is still for sale, and i sent a surveyor in and was advised against . hence that went off the cards ..

making rash descisions on where to live would be a mistake , so i seek advice on here and other places . and because of that the plan can change rapidly.

currently i'm back on the "looking for land" trail instead as buying a premade house . and plans for a house is now what i need so i can work out how much land i in fact need.

current flavor of the week is 100tw just off the lake , which looks like it could be the one for me .

main concern is will it be big enough

so please forgive what could appear as bullshit talk when the plans keep changing , just don't want to make the wrong choice . seeking advise in the expat section is just trying to learn from those who have alrady gone up this path

land on near lake :

macraban.jpg

the bungalow up country (b4 it was quite finished)

uvs070808-002.jpg

talk is cheap, mistakes are not

Edited by hybrid
  • 2 weeks later...

quick update .

the land purchase near macraban lake is now well under way .. deposits paid, so Gary , you will not have to put up with me changing my mind anymore :bigsmile:

concept picture of house plans attached to thread, but needs to lose about 30cm i think on width and have more lenth the play with to enlarge the atrium section

funny thing is .. i passed the demo plans to a builder to quote on . after inepcting the land they said in needed to mive the garage as there would not be enough space down the side of the house to get the car in .. :bigsmile: they had the plan upsidedown and put the front at the rear simon_conceptplan.jpg

• 4 months later...