Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

not so cheap this year ?

HiAll, I have finaly managed to get a ticket with Qatar at £438 leaving from Gatwick rather than my usual Heathrow ,thanks to Cenn3 for the heads up ,so will see you all in LOS after the 18th april .

Flew with Oct 05 with Emirates for £390 top plane and service,Oct 06 £377 with Royal Jordanian bag of shit.Looking for July 07 flights struggling for anything under £500.

Etihad Sept 06 £385.00 / Etihad March 07 £424.00 from Manchester. Looking at prices for Sept 07

cheapest at the mom is Emirates £490.00. Etihad prices on most websites over £600.00 for Sept 07

Things have changed and prices for "goods and services" have increased all over the world. Do you really think that Thailand should be the lone exception,

I dont think the TGs living costs have went up as much as the B/Fs and P4P prices. Their food costs, baht bus, rent, clothes all seem to be about the same. I think they are just getting greedy. IMHO.

Hi Sinbin if your from Scotland why fly from Heathrow ?

Emirates fly from Glasgow and have some good deals

You could also fly from Manchester Etihad have the the best deals from there also Qatar and Emirates

I flew from Manchester in February on Etihad for £495 return inclusive of taxes

Cheers

Tilacno1

I am interested in cheap tickets, I have been trying to find a deal , but the cheapest tickets i can find in march or april is nearly £500, I only plan to come or about 9/10 days and my budget for the entire trip is about, £1000/1050.

I worked out my budget on the flight deals I got last year(when I had to cancel at the last minute) I paid £360 inc taxes, but it was abit later in the year, end of april I think.

If I can't get the price for less than £400 then my budget looks even more stretched.

I know some boardies will think my budget way too small, but I have just bought a bigger house and as it is my first trip I am gagging to get to LOS, but I have the advantage of not drinking or smoking, so may be able to get by on a bit less than most, but it looks to be less than 4000baht a day.

bigj try www.dialaflight.com or call them direct for their cheapest flight 0870-416-0240, they are currently advertiseing flights from LHR for £250 + £139 tax for 22nd April-31st May, with Royal Jordinan, they are very competative and Ive never been able to find cheaper. :D

bigj try www.dialaflight.com or call them direct for their cheapest flight 0870-416-0240, they are currently advertiseing flights from LHR for £250 + £139 tax for 22nd April-31st May, with Royal Jordinan, they are very competative and Ive never been able to find cheaper. :D

Ive got a friend that uses dialaflight.com, but Ive always found them to be a rip off. You put in dates and airports in to the website and it gives you a price quote of about £360 but you have to phone to book it. On the phone they say its £750.00. You tell them about the website price, but they say theres no seats left. So how can they sell you one at £750 if theres no seats? That was last easter.

Hi Sinbin if your from Scotland why fly from Heathrow ?

Emirates fly from Glasgow and have some good deals

You could also fly from Manchester Etihad have the the best deals from there also Qatar and Emirates

I flew from Manchester in February on Etihad for £495 return inclusive of taxes

Cheers

Tilacno1

Hi Tilcano,I may be a Scot but I live near London (Essex)so Heathrow is my best airport ,Though this year due to price, I am flying from Gatwick

Edited by sinbinjack
  • 2 weeks later...
Surely you're being charged twice if youre leaving Manchester and Heathrow ??
Yes of course, but my mileage ticket the other way, BKK-LHR-MAN (also involving 2 departures) was about £65 charges, for a Biz class seat on the long stretch. Seems to be expensive to depart 2 UK airports, relative to one Thai and one UK. Edited by jacko

Keep them coming...cos I aint getting the figures you guys are talking about

Over in Sept with Thai air...London....700 and odd...looking at Christmas....880 Sterling...want a trip before then...

Edited by dacah
Keep them coming...cos I aint getting the figures you guys are talking about

Over in Sept with Thai air...London....700 and odd...looking at Christmas....880 Sterling...want a trip before then...

This year Thai's "Amazing Thailands" deals from here in N.Z. for some reason are the biggest rip-offs I have seen them attempt.They advertised quite cheap fares but failed to post that there were no return seats available,so in fact they were a one way deal! As a Frequent flyer I sent personal E-mails to management both in Thailand and N.Z. querying this however the ignorant twats never even had the decency to reply.

Found a good fare however $200 cheaper than Thai with BA&QF!,which is even cheaper than my fare 18 months ago! :D :clap2 :bow

Etihad are usually among the cheapest, use Gatwick if you can, its more reliable than Heathrow.Stop is Abu Dhabi which is an attractive little airport with a nice little bar. My worst ever was Royal Jordanian, smelly plane,below average service and Amman airport is a shithole. I paid £380 to fly back with Cathay via HK (wonderful airport), rather than have an 8 hour stay at Amman. I ama tight git so shows how little I thought of the place. Ethad planes are newish with lots of new uns on order, service is good, food above average and reliability exellent. They are a newish airline with big ideas and know they have to better than competion, I think it shows, they try a little bit harder. Cant beat EVA for stunning stewardesses tho!!.

Hi m8.

Etihad have finished flying from Gatwick to Bangkok (via Abu Dhabi) for me was a big mistake

by them, Now flying from Heathrow at 13.05pm with awful connection to Bangkok 10hr Wait.

Evening service at 21.15pm somewhat better but Etihad is now much more expensive.

So on 9th June will be flying non-stop with Thai Airways at 12.30pm and arriving 06.05am

Sunday, with Etihad would have cost £620 with Thai non-stop is £462.

:D

I'm flying from Manchester in 4 weeks with Qatar for £380, booked some time ago. Last year I was able to get that fare with Etihad right up to the week of departure but everything seems to be about £100 more this year.

Guest andgerrard
:banghead

I'm flying from Manchester in 4 weeks with Qatar for £380, booked some time ago. Last year I was able to get that fare with Etihad right up to the week of departure but everything seems to be about £100 more this year.

Pauly77 ,when did you book that flight? I booked 6 weeks ago for 07 June, 421GBP.

Who did you book through?

Shame about Etihad calling it a day at Gatwick. I hate Heathrow, its also a lot more unreliable than Gatwick.And a 10 hour stop at Abu Dhabi is no good either.I think they have made a big mistake,they've been building a very good reputation and loyal client base (me inc), that will diminish considerably now I think. :bigsmile:

Hi

Yes, you are right they were building up a loyal number of flyers me included, but

they now seem more inclined to reep the rewards from us.

I cannot believe being quoted over £620 for flight to Bangkok with a 10hr stopover

in Abu Dhabi and June of all months when it is low season.

My flight on June 9th with Thai Airways only takes 11hrs and 35min non-stop and

is costing me £462.