Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hey, I have been reading like a madman, trying to take it all it.

I am planning to go next month for 18 days and trying to figure out where and what. I will first go to BK for 2 nights and then figure to Phuket for ??? long? Then up north in the mountains for 4 or 5 days and then to Patt for ?? days. I want to go diving (scuba, haha) down south if anyone can tell me where the best places are. I am active and want to do other things during the day that be with BG. Which place has more to do and it sweeter to the eye?

From the posts, it looks like the Queen Vic is the place, is that fair to say?

How about a place in Phuket?

I plan on staying at the Dynasty Inn in BK and not sure where in Chaing Mai and Rae, any suggestion on where to stay and some great experiences would be great!!

I am going solo (male) if anyone wish to join in the adventure!!!!!

Peace

The problem is that you pretty much burn a day when traveling from one place to another.

For an 18-day trip I would suggest the following:

2 days Bangkok (No matter what anyone else says, it's a vibrant and interesting city. It's certainly worth at least 2 days.)

Then no more than two other locations - maximum. Take your choice from Pattaya, Phuket (good for diving), or Chiang Mai/Rai

Phuket is pricey - higher than Bangkok

Pattaya - well, you've read quite a bit about it already on this forum

Chiang Mai - Going on a trek (1-7 days) is an interesting thing to do. And it's a great physical activity.

Additionally, all these places have gyms available. Muay Thai is the national sport, so you can try some training sessions (Don't worry, you aren't going to spar unless you want to and are already trained in martial arts).

Edited by sabaidii2

Do you have any experience or info on THEE spot for scuba in or around Phuket? Have you done any trekking in the north would be worth me checking into (Tour Co., hotel, etc)

From reading all the posts, it sounds as though I should just concentrate on BG's and don't waste time on trying things that I could do another time, is that right?

Is Phuket the nicer of the two as far a scenery and accommodations? Where can you suggest on staying?

Peace

From my experience, Phuket doesn't have to be more expensive than Pattaya, and it certainly isn't as expensive as Bangkok. It can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be. Anyway, if you're going there try booking one of the many guest houses or smaller hotels. I'd say you can find something for around 1000 baht a night in Patong Beach. If you eat Thai food, that can be cheap also. As for the girls? There aren't many good go go bars, but there are tons of beer bars and a few good discos. The girls are more than happy with 1500 baht long time, which is more than I can say for some of the girls in Pattaya and Bangkok.

J

Well opinions are like arseholes ... everyone has one and here is mine.

ummmm my opinion not my arsehole.

BKK great for shopping and girls. yes spend a few days there.

Dynasty, Nana or Majestic hotels.

Phuket great for beaches, diving and tourist stuff and girls.

Orchid residence, Summer Breeze hotel or Lamai hotels.

Chiang Mai great for culture, trekking, shopping and its cheap. Less girls.

Montri Hotel.

Pattaya best nightlife anywhere. Not a pretty place but girl heaven.

Hotels... take your pick, read reviews.

You need to pick what you want to do most, girls or tourist stuff.

As its your first trip, do a little of both.

Personally ... 3 nights BKK

Flights to Phuket are cheap and frequent, book them from BKK.

6 nights there. Fun and plenty to do.

Then back to BKK and go to Pattaya for the rest of your trip.

If you are only going for 18 days, skip Chiang Mai this trip unless you think this is the only trip you will ever have to Thailand. Do it next time!

Now the reason i put Pattaya last is because once you are there, you will think with your dick, any other plans will go out the window and you wont see anymore of Thailand except Pattaya.

GO, enjoy and write a trip report!

OK, sounds like I should at least get to Phuket and figure the rest out as the nights become a good blurr! I am having touble finding a good not so expensive good location place in Phuket, I was told to stay in Patong Beach at the Thara Patong, but it's expensive, any good alternatives, good loca and no charge joiner and pool? Sounds like a in room safe is good idea, is it that important to lock things up before coming back with friend?

I love that line about Pattaya at the end of the post from OZIJEFF,

Keep it coming

Ok a hint for hotels in Phuket.

Many hotels are NOT guest friendly or they will charge like a wounded bull if you try to take TG to your room.

joiners fees will cost a fortune so enquire before you book.

ie avoid hotel chains.

try the lamai hotel (google it) doesnt have a pool but you are 5 mins from the beach.

http://phuketdir.com/lamaihotel/

maybe even call them direct for a deal rather than use a booking site?

the orchid residence and summer breeze are both great options too.

you are going during the peak season so unfortunately prices will be up everywhere you go.

enjoy

Try the Andaman Sea Guesthouse. There are lots of little guesthouses around Patong Beach that don't really advertise much but are usually just fine. No pools, but the beach is usually not far. That's what I'd do if I wanted to keep the costs down.

J

Edited by js007

OK if all else fails try the C&N Hotel Patong, just on top of Bangla Rd, close enough to walk to beach and everything and seemed to be reasonable price when I stayed.

They do have a website as well, but I forgotten it sorry. BTW it is guest friendly.

:hairout deffo patts been to phuket once i didnt like it good night life but the 2 nights i was there i felt a certain amount of unrest in the air as if it was going to kick off might off just been bad timing ,,, found it a bit more price too ,, each too there own i guess

You should not miss out Phuket, it has very beatufiul beaches. Especially during the month from Nov to April, the seas are calm and cristal blue. I suggest that you stay there at least 4 days.

Try to get a hotel aroud Bangla Road. I stayed at a relatively new hotel (about 2 years od) at Bangla Road which is next to Thara Patong Hotel last June I remember I paid 1,000 baths, high season maybe 1,200 baths. Its web site:

www.whitesandpatong.com.

Tuk Tuk in Phuket are controlled by mafia, it is very expensive compared to Pattaya ( 3 or 4 times higher)

Other than transport hotel and food price are also higher than Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone said before everyone has his own opinion:

Phuket, Nice - Expensive (beer, food and girls), cheap hotels top end Bangla, C&N and the likes.

Diving. - clear warm water, about as interesting and challenging as a hot shower. - I booked 5 days and gave up after day 2. there is nothing to see of any great interest. (and it's expensive)

Pattaya- Sin city, beach non existant and I would'nt go in the water even with a full dry suit. cheap beer, cheap food and fun girls.

Bangkok - has to be done, but 2 days is enough, your hotel is next door to Nana plaza complex and 3 minutes from BTS stn. - so your well located (it should be nice now after rennovation - have they finished?)

They have a sister hotel in Pattaya - and once offered transfers between both hotels.

So it depends on your budget-if you have the money, go to Phuket, get some dives in, and then move to Pattaya - certainly I'd do it in that order. either do BKK between the 2 or after Pattaya, before returning home. Leave any souvenir shopping to BKK.

have fun.

Hello,

Phuket is great also worth a visit. I have booked Lawan Residence. not going till March but looks good & price is good also no joiner fee + free airport pickup if staying 4+ days Not sure of web address but put lawan phuket in google search and it will come up

your on the pattaya board.....DA!

what did u imagion would be the reaction?

anyway

the Thai air prices are a set fee each way.

by a oneway stay a day or two then get a ticket back at your lesiure

for any pattaya lover a day or two in puckett is plenty long

chers

rb