Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

WHERE ARE ALL THE CHEAP FLIGHTS?

Have been searching the usual www sites since November for flights from LHR or LGW to BKK at a reasonable price, but still cant find anything below £530. Normally pay mid 400's but this time nowhere near.

What is your advice, do you think we will see a price reduction or sale? I am looking to fly in late April, well after Songkran and Easter so am not flying in the typical 'load' season.

I have always booked before the end of January but this year the chances of a low fare seem remote. I must just have to bit the bullet.

:finger flying t in march, 16th mate har to pay £620 for thai from london then £70 from belfast. could,nt afford to hang on for a cheaper deal. they could still come but i,m tied to fixed dates and longer i leave it the more expensive the doimestic flight becomes :bigsmile:

Griff. The flight times, connections and price don't look to bad at all. Thanks for the link. But Gulf Air? Anyone had any good bad/experiences.

I must admit it is tempting but might hang on. This is the sort of price I wanna pay, just unsure of the carrier.

:ang2

normally do the same as you, eva were 455 all over xmas and i waited thinking they will drop to 430 which is what i normally pay. they went up to 470 in a couple of days so i bit and now they are 630-700. they may well drop but keep checking daily.

www.dealcheckers.co.uk is the best engine i have found.

happy hunting,

SJ

Westeast travel are offering Eva at £310 for that period PLUS taxes etc. Guesstimating tax at £150 you're into the mid-£400s you paid before.

They often have good deals on thai,but those not announced yet.

Btw-phone for the best deals,as the site may not work...

On the Eva air web site, £509 inc tax with 80%FF miles

out Friday 25th April

rtn Sunday 11th May

Evas web site can show some good deals from time to time, although WestEast take some beating.

Hey Rolyshark,

What dates did you put in to westeast travel to get the £310 fare. I keep getting £602.

Gus, you are spot on with my dates? Who are you. How did you know?

Thanks for your help lads

gulf air £420 inc taxes sta travel

etihad £501 last min . com

for dates 25th april till 11th may

ps i always use www.asiatravelmarket.com

Keep searching guys there are deals out there, have 2 flights already booked.

27th February to 27th March with EVA Airways at £454.60

1st June to 30th June with GULF Air at £424.39 with only 90 min stop-overs.

Beware some Gulf Air flights include very long stop-overs, check timings before book.

Keep searching guys there are deals out there, have 2 flights already booked.

27th February to 27th March with EVA Airways at £454.60

1st June to 30th June with GULF Air at £424.39 with only 90 min stop-overs.

Beware some Gulf Air flights include very long stop-overs, check timings before book.

well please share where the deals are for the op ie. who u book with

the op has already stated the dates he wants to fly so the fare price u have quoted is not really relevent

i have flown Gulf air twice and they are OK. Just get in there before that offer is gone. If your on a budget then you wont find cheaper.

chok dee

Griffo

Hope this helps.

Booked eva air LHR to Bkk Mid November to Mid December. Searched all around. Got best price of £463 through ebookers. There is no charge for using credit cards. Westeast offered the same for £467 with additional 2% for credit card. There are no mileage allowable on evergreen program. I used airline network for eva air for march but they also charge an extra £5 for airline failure insurance and credit card charge. I am currently querying this charge with eva air as airline network say this charge is imposed on them by eva air?

It seems eva air is so far offering the most competitive prices after Gulf Air, but Eva is a direct flight. The main competition with brokers seems to be additional charges for credit card bookings usually 2% to 3%.

If you really want to save more, register with a cashback site www.quidco.com. Use their link to ebookers and you get an additional 1% cashback. So far I have got back £147 back from this site ( £125 for prudential car insurance. £41 for getting a credit card and other odds and sods. I have no links with quidco and I am from the UK. I don`t know if this works in other countries.

All these cheap eva air prices seem to be linked to non mileage allowable flights.

Hope this is of use to BM`s

:clap2 :bow :gulp Heres looking forward to March :gulp :gulp :gulp

i have flown Gulf air twice and they are OK. Just get in there before that offer is gone. If your on a budget then you wont find cheaper.

chok dee

Griffo

Departure on 25th April at 10am arrives Bangkok 12.00 midday next day GF002/GF152

Return on 11th May from Bangkok 11.20am arrives Heathrow 21.00pm GF151/GF005

Price with Ebookers is £439 but this flight has 5hr outbound stop-over in Bahrain and

1hr 25m on return.

Edited by rainsberger
Hope this helps.

Booked eva air LHR to Bkk Mid November to Mid December. Searched all around. Got best price of £463 through ebookers. There is no charge for using credit cards. Westeast offered the same for £467 with additional 2% for credit card. There are no mileage allowable on evergreen program. I used airline network for eva air for march but they also charge an extra £5 for airline failure insurance and credit card charge. I am currently querying this charge with eva air as airline network say this charge is imposed on them by eva air?

It seems eva air is so far offering the most competitive prices after Gulf Air, but Eva is a direct flight. The main competition with brokers seems to be additional charges for credit card bookings usually 2% to 3%.

If you really want to save more, register with a cashback site www.quidco.com. Use their link to ebookers and you get an additional 1% cashback. So far I have got back £147 back from this site ( £125 for prudential car insurance. £41 for getting a credit card and other odds and sods. I have no links with quidco and I am from the UK. I don`t know if this works in other countries.

All these cheap eva air prices seem to be linked to non mileage allowable flights.

Hope this is of use to BM`s

:clap2 :bow :gulp Heres looking forward to March :gulp :gulp :gulp

Yes, Eva Airways are very good i am flying with them next month,i don't worry about

air miles because i never get round to using them, i have miles with Thai Airways and

Etihad Airways and my next two flights are with Eva and Gulf Air.

At the end of the day i just want the cheapest seat and not worry about air miles.

Even when you get a cheap fare you then get reduced air miles.

I have used Ebookers many times for my flights and find them very good and as you

say no credit card fees and that is good.

Have just visited ebookers site as recommended above but it is showing me £614.49 as the fare for Eva. Ouch. I think the best deal is as stated by other Bm with eva air direct.

Rascall

SEE BELOW. Taken off airline network (This is the web link I print screened from. Hope it helps) http://www.airline-network.co.uk/Q2UI/Quote/Quote.aspx

:clap2 :bow :gulp :gulp

Your trip flying with Eva Airways to BangkokOutbound Journey Economy Class Flight No. Depart Time Arrival Time Type Stops

London Heathrow (United Kingdom)

Bangkok (Thailand)

BR68 21:35 on 24/04/2008 15:05 (+1 day) on 25/04/2008 77W 0

Return Journey Economy Class Flight No. Depart Time Arrival Time Type Stops

Bangkok (Thailand)

BR67 12:50 on 14/05/2008 19:15 on 14/05/2008 77W 0

An E-Ticket is mandatory on this flight What does this mean?

Electronic Tickets

Electronic tickets, or e-tickets, are used by an increasing number of top airlines. In simple terms when you choose an e-ticket through AirlineNetwork, we will automatically create an electronic record in the airline's computer system instead of printing a paper ticket. You will then be sent an e-ticket receipt instead of a ticket, which, you will need to check in with at the airport.

E-tickets offer several key advantages

More Convenient You do not have to wait for your tickets to arrive

More Peace of Mind No need for a paper ticket, eliminating worry of leaving them behind or losing them

Paper Ticket

Traditional paper based ticket (may incur surcharge).

Ticket on Departure (TOD)

A ticket on departure (TOD) is allocated for charter flights booked within 14 days of their departure date and should be collected from the airlines service desk at the airport.

The cost breakdown of your flightFare Breakdown Description Passengers Total

Adult Fare 1 £319.00

Adult Tax & Airline Fees Departure taxes levied by the countries government to cover security, modifications to the airport, horticultural tax & green areas of the cities. 1 £149.40

Airline Failure Protection We will reimburse you or repatriate you in the event that an airline ceases to operate due to financial failure. 1 £5.00

Total flight price: £473.40

Just over a week ago booked a trip with Emirates flying from Manchester 24th Feb and returning 8th March. The price I paid was £622 inc taxes.

Just checked today and the lowest available fare for those dates was £1393!!!!

Up until now haven't paid more than £530.

Using my Emirates airmiles have booked a 5 weeker in June for a total cost of £105 inc taxes. I needed to buy 3100 miles, but it was certainly worth it.

Rascall

SEE BELOW. Taken off airline network (This is the web link I print screened from. Hope it helps) http://www.airline-network.co.uk/Q2UI/Quote/Quote.aspx

Your trip flying with Eva Airways to BangkokOutbound Journey Economy Class Flight No. Depart Time Arrival Time Type Stops

Bangkok (Thailand)

BR68 21:35 on 24/04/2008 15:05 (+1 day) on 25/04/2008 77W 0

Return Journey Economy Class Flight No. Depart Time Arrival Time Type Stops

Bangkok (Thailand)

BR67 12:50 on 14/05/2008 19:15 on 14/05/2008 77W 0

An E-Ticket is mandatory on this flight What does this mean?

ctronic Tickets

Electronic tickets, or e-tickets, are used by an increasing number of top airlines. In simple terms when you choose an e-ticket through AirlineNetwork, we will automatically create an electronic record in the airline's computer system instead of printing a paper ticket. You will then be sent an e-ticket receipt instead of a ticket, which, you will need to check in with at the airport.

E-tickets offer several key advantages

More Convenient You do not have to wait for your tickets to arrive

More Peace of Mind No need for a paper ticket, eliminating worry of leaving them behind or losing them

Paper Ticket

Traditional paper based ticket (may incur surcharge).

Ticket on Departure (TOD)

A ticket on departure (TOD) is allocated for charter flights booked within 14 days of their departure date and should be collected from the airlines service desk at the airport.

The cost breakdown of your flightFare Breakdown Description Passengers Total

Adult Fare 1 £319.00

Adult Tax & Airline Fees Departure taxes levied by the countries government to cover security, modifications to the airport, horticultural tax & green areas of the cities. 1 £149.40

Airline Failure Protection We will reimburse you or repatriate you in the event that an airline ceases to operate due to financial failure. 1 £5.00

Total flight price: £473.40

Try Ebookers with this above flight dates and timings, the price same as i paid with Eva

will take some beating non-stop

Ebookers Price £454.39p

Guest Irishfella
:bigsmile: flying t in march, 16th mate har to pay £620 for thai from london then £70 from belfast. could,nt afford to hang on for a cheaper deal. they could still come but i,m tied to fixed dates and longer i leave it the more expensive the doimestic flight becomes :sorry

Hi bro, Who did you book this with? Cheapest quote I got from Belfast in April was £750 via Heathrow with Thai airways. It went up nearly £100 over the weekend and I can't book it until tomorrow :bj2

I got a good quote flying from Dublin via Amsterdam with China Airlines for £570, But I did that a few weeks ago and it was too much hassle.