Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I see CHINA AIRLINES Have cheap tickets from UK to BKK;

What is the service like?

Anyone do Business Class with them?

Whats food like?

:bigsmile:

I did China Airlines Biz Class (I think it is the one with a big pink flower in the tail and flies on to Taipei). I went from Manchester on KLM and changed in Amsterdam. The flight was punctual and service pretty good. It isn't business class like BA, but it isn't their prices either. Wide seat that didn't recline fully, like Biz class was 10 years ago in the big carriers.I thought it was very good value at the time (£650 about 2 years ago), but they have come up some since.

Edited by jacko

I take CI biz class from SFO on almost all my trips and have been very pleased with it. Excellent service, good menu, seats that are wide enough and recline enough for a decent night's sleep on the overnight leg (aided by a couple of Tylenol PM's). Each of my flights has departed right on time and arrived on time or even a bit early. I like being able to select my seats when I book and pay for the flight via the web site, as I do prefer the upper deck.

I have also found that I can save a decent amount of money by booking the trip on their web site as 2 separate one-way tickets compared to what the same trip would be if I booked it as a round-trip.

One word of caution, however: Congee and coffee for breakfast on the plane is great, but it's also a good thing you land shortly thereafter. Those two items interact in your GI system, and your fellow passengers will want you off the plane ASAP, if you get my meaning!

Thanks for your Replies;

I have heard that they are in the process of upgrading;

I kneed to know when they have upgraded Amerstdam to BKK

Because from Birmingham i would fly to Amerstdam then to BKK;

Thanks for any help:

flown in buisness class with china a few times there service is quite good and planes usually on time from amz but often late from bkk, their safety record was not that great at one time but seems to have vastly improved of late

i often call gazelle travel newcastle as they are speciallists/ agents china airlines and can often get things done that others cant

scotty :bigsmile:

I have flown with China Airlines business class several time and think the service is excellent. I would definately recommened them.

I have booked my flights using Gazelle in Newcastle aswell.

THANKS

I will be considering flying with China Airlines;

I will be flying from Birmingham to Amersterdam then on to Bangkok;

When i get back i will report;

:banghead

I flew economy on China Airlines in Jan. SFO Taipei Bkk. I had herd a lot of bad things about this airline. So I was a little worried. But I thought the airline was fine. Don’t know about B class but I felt economy was about the same as all the rest. I would be happy to use them again as long as they still offer the best prices

I flew economy on China Airlines in Jan. SFO Taipei Bkk. I had herd a lot of bad things about this airline. So I was a little worried. But I thought the airline was fine. Don’t know about B class but I felt economy was about the same as all the rest. I would be happy to use them again as long as they still offer the best prices

Thanks;

:thumbup

Guest Fatboyfat

What is the baggage allowance in Buisness Class (The value price circa 1000 pounds) nowadays ? Last time I checked it was only 20 Kg., which is a bit of a problem for me nowadays with the never-ending shopping list for expats !

Watch that baggage allowance with China though. They have 20kg allowance in economy (dunno about Business), but they caught me for £200 for excess weight when i flew back from Bangkok with them last January :-(

I did protest and the guy behind me in the line even put some of my stuff in his hand luggage to help me out, but she werent budging. I had to pay up and look good.

Food is spot on though.

Watch that baggage allowance with China though. They have 20kg allowance in economy (dunno about Business), but they caught me for £200 for excess weight when i flew back from Bangkok with them last January :-(

I did protest and the guy behind me in the line even put some of my stuff in his hand luggage to help me out, but she werent budging. I had to pay up and look good.

Food is spot on though.

What weight were you over?

Sounds like you must have had elephant in your suite case:

Duty Free at AMS is a lot better than at Birmingham anyway.

Arriving into Bangkok you can buy duty free at the airport too. But you will be at the back of the queue at immigration. :rolleyes:

Coming back the other way is the real annoyance. You are already in the EU in Amsterdam so duty free there is not available. They will take it off you if you buy in Bangkok. There wasn't any available on the plane either, I thought they might sell it in sealed bags that I could carry through AMS, no such luck.

Edited by jacko

I've flown China Airlines several times. Better than KLM, same as EVA Air (those airlines fly AMS - BKK too). China Airlines' departure and arrival times are much better than EVA though.

Service on board is very good, same same the meal(s). But truth be told: It is declining (at least in economy)! Just little things like the pre mail hot towel, the welcome drink (orange juice). No big thing.

Amsterdam Airport is pretty good; good duty free, seveval restaurants and good lay out overall. You're never far from your gate.

Never had problems with China Airlines departing from BKK. Yes, they're always late (by about 15 - 30 minutes) but make up during flight, so you arrive in Amsterdam on time.

I would recommend China Airlines, but mainly because their price is good.

I have been burning my frequents with Delta and NWA. They have been using both China and Korean.

After reading reviews I was worried about China, but everything was ok. On my Songkran trip I'm out on Korean and back on China.

So far China will not assign me a seat because it free ticket. :drunk

They want me to wait until check in. :bigsmile: :banghead

I prefer the food on Korean but the flight time home is better on China.

Edited by Skate

Just to add to the list. I'm a frequent flyer on China Airlines and have always been totally satisfied. Buying tickets on their website is the way to go. I've needed to change and refund a few tickets and they were always very helpful. I would suggest the vegetarian meal even if you aren't vegetarian, it seems to go down easier.

• 4 weeks later...
One comforting thought, no terrorist is gonna want to blow a china plane outa the sky and upset one billion people with nukes and a bad tempered government.
Well they are from Taiwan actually.
  • 2 weeks later...
I take CI biz class from SFO on almost all my trips and have been very pleased with it. Excellent service, good menu, seats that are wide enough and recline enough for a decent night's sleep on the overnight leg (aided by a couple of Tylenol PM's). Each of my flights has departed right on time and arrived on time or even a bit early. I like being able to select my seats when I book and pay for the flight via the web site, as I do prefer the upper deck.

I have also found that I can save a decent amount of money by booking the trip on their web site as 2 separate one-way tickets compared to what the same trip would be if I booked it as a round-trip.

Mesc, if you fly often you might price a one way trip SFO->BKK then round trips BKK->SFO->BKK

I haven't priced CI on this recently, but I do fly this way on BR (EVA) and believe they match prices closely.

It's a bigger saving than 2 one way tickets if you can plan it well enough. Even if you can't, the small change fee is likely less than the savings.