Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Stayed their 10 days Jan 2006 no joiner fee then, don't know if thats changed.

Really enjoyed the Mecure and would stay again, but so many places to choose I try different places each year counting the days back in LOS May 3rd :llaugh

I stayed there in Dec 07, booked a double and no prob with taking girls back, no joiner fee mentioned or asked for, although I saw a small sign by the pool saying joiner fee 300bht.

I have stayed here 5/6 times, before used to be loads of Japs staying, however last time noticed more Ruskies, no problems with anyone though.

Just booked and back again on Saturday for 5 nights, will report if joiner fee.

Thanks for that all. I have a request in for a quotefrom a local travel agent of "Stay 10 nights and pay for 5......."

Thats going to be interesting as its quoted as a 3 star hotel and I just wonder how high they can try to tell me that the standard rate is!

As a matter of interest I note that the single and double rate is the same so I guess that if you book a double that they can hardly hit you for a joiner fee?

• 2 weeks later...

Got back home Saturday, checking flight prices already.

Mercure was as good as ever, very quiet though, as mentioned before I have stayed there 5 times before and always book a double.

I took 4 different girls back, they took id cards and rang me when the girls left to make sure all ok but no joiner fee mentioned or paid.

I will be back