Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have just returned this morning from staying at the Irish Rovers.

I have nothing but praise for the place, they were faultless in very sense of the word, hospitality second to none.

Breakfasts were superiour to what I found in the local area, rooms were immaculate and cleaned daily without fail. If you are unsure of a place to stay then look no futher than this establishment, they have quite a few ladies that ensure that you are enjoying your evening in the bar.

If you are lucky they even organise trips to Bang Chang and the Darkside depending on the support of who is staying and who is interested in going, I was lucky enough to go on both tours, Pat (Boss) has a circle of friends local that come to the bar and all make you feel like you are one of them.

The area LK Metro I would say is very convenient for everywhere being very central. there is enough to do in the Metro itself without venturing in to town at all, you have heard and read stories of Hell Club - Lolitas - Bobs BBQ. Liquid Lounge - they are ALL in the same street, one side soi diana other side soi buakaow. they very next soi is soi honey where all the best massage places are close together. POOK bar just 2 mins away if thats your thing. (not mine).

I hope my information will be of some help to you by all means drop me a pm if there is something you want to know I will get back to you with any help I can.

Gerry.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a nice breakfast there yesterday...good sausage and ham along with nicely done potatoes and a well cooked "over medium" egg. Staff was nice and friendly, and the restaurant/lobby was very clean.

I had a nice breakfast there yesterday...good sausage and ham along with nicely done potatoes and a well cooked "over medium" egg. Staff was nice and friendly, and the restaurant/lobby was very clean.

of course th only trouble wit th irish is there over paid over sexed and over here lol..great if yr running a bar LOL.....sick ok...AND they play good golf.

Edited by samfreeland
  • 3 weeks later...
Cork..insn`t that where the great Rory Gallagher come from,I will be in pattaya in May and I like the look of your bar and guest house,I will have to talk to my mate and you could have two bookings.

Hope to see you

Hi 'munibung' Sorry for the delay in replying..This is a believe it or not situation, but i knew Rory Gallagher, when he used to play in what was known as the 'CAVERN', in Coburg Street in Cork..He was one of the quietest lads i have ever known...When he was walking no one could keep up with him, because he had a stride, 3 times that of me..That was 43 years ago, and i believe his Mother is still alive, and living in Cork...It's nice to have known a 'Legend' like Rory.

Cheers.

Pat. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

hiya pat and joe,

just got back from 2 weeks in pattaya and just to let people know what a great pair of lovely big soft cuddly hosts pat and joe were to me during my stay.

i actually stayed next door in the passadena but spent alot of chilling time in 'the rovers',they've got a great bunch of girls working there which went a long way to making my stay enjoyable,a couple are lookers,and one ting tong lady cashier,dont let her bite u on the arse it fucking hurts!!a great place to meet new mates and discuss our adventures and compare our 'pattaya medal of honours'.

went on a golf day which was good value at 2500bht which included breakfast,transport and all green/buggy fees and dinner on return.they even thru in a bandit called 'dan',mind,i didnt do myself any favours,my score card looked like one of my old school maths books!!

also went on a crawl to the darkside arranged by the host and if uv not done this before then make sure u check out the butterfly bar,what a laugh,get the girls in the pool and u will see what i mean,some good looking girls there too,worth a belly full of anyones muck!!

will more than likely stay at 'the rovers' on my next visit,can hear pat saying 'oh shit' to that!!

so i extend my hand to pat and joe to once again say thanks to u both for ur great hospitality.

keep praticing the cocktails pat!!

gone for now but hopefully not forgotten,jason

yep, just confirmed up with Pat by e-mail.

great booking, get everything i need and a bunch of new pals who know the score and can advise me correctly.

Really looking forward to it.

From me sending an e-mail to Pat, to booking being confirmed, took less than 18 hours, would have been quicker but i have to sleep sometimes !

Thanks again for all the guys who gave reviews on the place, made my choice very easy !

:sorry :cry2 :moon

Lk Metro, THE HIDDEN GEM Options Rating

Just pasted info from TR section

Hope it is use for some

Okay Everybody have heard a lot on the forearm re this soi so I thought Id give my 1 bht worth

Disclaimer

So back in reality and calmed down just , to the slog of work.So Id though i would pass on my experiences of staying in this Soi for 30 days from 24th FEB to 25th March 2009.

I am a typical tourist, this is trip number 5 for for me normally 3 wks, but extending to 30 day visa and twice a yr (lifes to short )

I have no financial interest in any bussiness in Thailand.But I must Admit I now class a number of bussinese owners in Patts as friends(not quit sure if the feeling is mutual though ).

So lets start with Accomodation

All previouse trips stayed highrise big hotels around Patts happy with all.First time Guesthouse,flying solo first time (econimic crunch and all)

1 THE IRISH ROVERS

First half of trip stade at this fine establishment

Their service started at the airport(problems contacting Mr T and Toon, used before good service).

No ploblems(maybe lie cup) one of the 2 top owners of the Rovers (Pat ) "will sort out for you Bruiser"

So 1000bht at 12.30 at night, bloke standing waiting for me with sign ,straight to new car and on the road to fun town.How good is this.Then driver says "Mr Bruiser you want me stop shop for drink for you" Talk about SERVICE..." At this piont I new looking after their customers was a priority for Pat and JOE

Arrive Irish rovers 2.15 am

Night manager waiting for me ."Welcome to The Irish Rovers, would you like a drink while your bags go up to your room Mr Bruiser" How good this I think to myself.

Well if you have seen how spotlessley clean the Downstairs bar area is at the Rovers and the beuatifull timber finish of the Bar area you will get an idea exactley what the rooms are Like.

I had a large room with a balconey overlooking soi LK metro(rm31)

And a large room it was indeed,larger than all the Highrise rooms I had before.

And the main 2 words re this place that stood out was FRIENDLEY and CLEAN (And Im talking, real bloody clean)

If you want a value for money place to stay, that is big with a full width balconey and in room safe cable and clean ass!! .With management that treats u as a mate rather than a customer you can not go wrong staying HERE

Another HUGE plus is the people I met while staying here!!!! Just the best bunch of people who made my stay just so much more enjojable.. Thanks so much to you all

So there must be some drawbacks, at such a great price????

I can only think of 2

And Im drawing a long bow here to find them????

1 No elevators

2 no pool (I just went to Mikes shopping 10th fl 80bht no problem for me)

2 Questions I always ask myself,after I stay at a place?

"would I stay again and would I recommend it to my Mates??"

ANSWER on the the ROVERS = IN a Heartbeat

Thanks Pat ,Joe and there fantasic Day manageress NEE

PS they also organise the best golf and Bang Chang trips bye the way,just on the quit

2. second piont stay

THE ROCKHOUSE

Okay have to be up front here . I have know Mulphy for a couple of years (and count myself lucky that I have,just a top BLOKE in so many respects ).

First time stayed RH though!

Okay Accomodation

First thing you notice is how big the rooms are (40sqm plus, plus big bathroom plus full width Balconey,full glass doors,same as rovers)But more like a studio apartment.Only 1 room per floor!!!

Same as rovers clean ass ,open airey and very light and upbeat.

Also added to A/C is fans and coffee /tea facilities and mood lighting (dimmer switches witch is a very nice touche),not to mention lounges and coffee table area.

The staff are top notch and as with the Rovers the staff work to your schedual and not the other way around as with highrise accomadation,whitch Im sure everyone is aware of

Okay Drawbacks For RockHouse

Same Same piont 1 and 2 Rovers

But again drawing a long Bow

Also very hard to just be in bar and have a quick 1, due to calibre of people and management and staff always having a laugh and a drink in BAR

Biggest Rockhouse accomadation Drawback= only 3 bloody Rooms BOOK EARLY

Would I stay again and recommend to mates ??

In a heartbeat

Two other places in Soi I would Highley recommend if cant get in to the first 2 above

3 LK METRO Apartments

great spot very clean rooms great facilities

Aircon bar and 3 FREE pool tables plus big screen sports.

Owner is another very friendley Irishman by the name off Dennis and a top bloke he is aswell

4 is the new Armagedon

great new renovated place

Very well respected senior BM staying here longterm (no names,loose lips sink ships)

And for very good reasons

Very good rooms and bar area free pool table

And new owner Mark is a terrific bloke (for a Kiwi ,).

CENTRAL LOCATION

Extremely Central

Baht bus both ways Soi buikhow ,only waited maximum 2/3 minute and straight to walking st 10mins to PBG.

North, walk to 2nd rd 5mins and on Baht bus

Beach rd =down Soi dianna thru Mikes shopping if u want A/c and your there!!

I dont think anywhere else could be anymore central to the whole of Patts ?? But Im sure some may beg to differ

EATING OUT

Heaps of good places to eat

One of my favorites was the Golf Club ,very good food at a very good price .Both Thai and Fallang and the LARGE 35bht cup of tea you could nearly dive in Awesome for day after gents

Another unsng great was the Steak n grill opp RH

One of our favorite specials was!

Salad,steak, pepper sauce ,many Veges plus Ice cream 185bht (And I was as full as a fat ladies sock and being about 115kg Aussie Im not to bad on the tooth )

Plus al the cart going around

Give one of the ladies 100bht and be amazed at just how much food they bring back

And it tastes great (sorry no bug for me,I know Im a lightweight)

Entertainment

Okay where do I start

1 Go-Gos

my number 1 pick Oasis great place with a very surprisingley quality slection.With great BGs with fun atitude!!

And the owner Rob or was It Bob from U S of A always keen to hand out free Sambucas to FLB crawlers (2 occasions).And would seem to be a good mate of his countryman MM

2 Club Ice

Not exactley my scene more for the younger crowd

Young people and there loud music AHHHHH

But top eye candy

3 champagne

never actually went in, to full on crawl

but seem to have some good cuties and happy hour

Always good combination

4 ICE Bar

Same Same champaigne

But always seemed very Quite while I was there

5 Round the corner

PAPAGOYER

Always going ofF

Many cuties hit it on one of the FLB crawls

Only good reports

Again greaat eye candy ,but cannot report past this Im afraid

Add to this list

LOLITAS

Hell club

Huge number of BBs on dianna and may other bas on LKMetro

And I believe you have a great area to try out

A number of nights a group of us would go out (some a lot more experienced than me).And we wouldnt leave this Block

No its no Walking Street

But if you want that ,Go to Walking st

But I think its a great place to stay and Have Fun

Many may disagree(please pass on your reason, I would be interested to hear) but this is my FACTUAL upto date account(left 24th March 2009) of this Hidden GEM

Give it a try

You might be pleasantly SURPRISED

Edited by bruiser

fantastic lowdown there bruiser,i`ve stayed in this area on my last 4 trips and probably wouldnt want to stay anywhwere else,theres everything to hand.

apart from the bars and such, theres all the amenities you might need.... chemists, laundrys, and convienience stores,with baht buses a plenty once you get on soi bukauo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 'MM', Many thanks for your kind comments..It's only of late that i found out who you are, the owner of the infamous FLB bar, i hope im right here...My brother and i used to call to your bar regulary on our trips to Pattaya...Our first trip was 6 years ago, for 3 weeks at a time, and every year after that as well..We have very fond memories of the FLB.

I look forward to calling there shorthly to meet you in person, and also when he comes over from Cork on the 24th June.

I hear Martin your partial to some 'IRISH STEW'.

Cheers.

Pat. :chogdee

I hear Martin your partial to some 'IRISH STEW'.

That I am. And I hear from a good source that you'll be cooking some up this week!

I am currently staying at the Irish Rovers. I have no financial interest in the establishment but do believe that bms should share good and bad experiences whilst in Patts. In this connection I have to say that Pat (one of the owners) is without doubt amongst the most genial and helpful guys I have met anywhere, let alone just in Pattaya. He is a real gentleman and nothing is too much trouble for him. The rooms are spotless and represent excellent value. The staff are very helpful too.

The downside? I have to vacate the room after tomorrow because the place is so popular.

So a word of thanks Pat ans staff for making my stay at the Irish Rovers very memorable - for all the right reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Pat & Joe,

Steve and i will be there first week in March, will call in for a beer, happy new year to you both,

Cheers mate,

Ray :D

Hi Ray and Steve, great to see you lads, back in Pattaya again...ye appear to be getting younger and younger every time i see ye...Probably something to do with some little beauties in Pattaya...Very thoughtful of ye to call in, when in Pattaya.

Cheers Lads.

Pat. :bigsmile: :lol: :rolleyes:

Lk Metro, THE HIDDEN GEM Options Rating

Just pasted info from TR section

Hope it is use for some

Okay Everybody have heard a lot on the forearm re this soi so I thought Id give my 1 bht worth

Disclaimer

So back in reality and calmed down just , to the slog of work.So Id though i would pass on my experiences of staying in this Soi for 30 days from 24th FEB to 25th March 2009.

I am a typical tourist, this is trip number 5 for for me normally 3 wks, but extending to 30 day visa and twice a yr (lifes to short )

I have no financial interest in any bussiness in Thailand.But I must Admit I now class a number of bussinese owners in Patts as friends(not quit sure if the feeling is mutual though ).

So lets start with Accomodation

All previouse trips stayed highrise big hotels around Patts happy with all.First time Guesthouse,flying solo first time (econimic crunch and all)

1 THE IRISH ROVERS

First half of trip stade at this fine establishment

Their service started at the airport(problems contacting Mr T and Toon, used before good service).

No ploblems(maybe lie cup) one of the 2 top owners of the Rovers (Pat ) "will sort out for you Bruiser"

So 1000bht at 12.30 at night, bloke standing waiting for me with sign ,straight to new car and on the road to fun town.How good is this.Then driver says "Mr Bruiser you want me stop shop for drink for you" Talk about SERVICE..." At this piont I new looking after their customers was a priority for Pat and JOE

Arrive Irish rovers 2.15 am

Night manager waiting for me ."Welcome to The Irish Rovers, would you like a drink while your bags go up to your room Mr Bruiser" How good this I think to myself.

Well if you have seen how spotlessley clean the Downstairs bar area is at the Rovers and the beuatifull timber finish of the Bar area you will get an idea exactley what the rooms are Like.

I had a large room with a balconey overlooking soi LK metro(rm31)

And a large room it was indeed,larger than all the Highrise rooms I had before.

And the main 2 words re this place that stood out was FRIENDLEY and CLEAN (And Im talking, real bloody clean)

If you want a value for money place to stay, that is big with a full width balconey and in room safe cable and clean ass!! .With management that treats u as a mate rather than a customer you can not go wrong staying HERE

Another HUGE plus is the people I met while staying here!!!! Just the best bunch of people who made my stay just so much more enjojable.. Thanks so much to you all

So there must be some drawbacks, at such a great price????

I can only think of 2

And Im drawing a long bow here to find them????

1 No elevators

2 no pool (I just went to Mikes shopping 10th fl 80bht no problem for me)

2 Questions I always ask myself,after I stay at a place?

"would I stay again and would I recommend it to my Mates??"

ANSWER on the the ROVERS = IN a Heartbeat

Thanks Pat ,Joe and there fantasic Day manageress NEE

PS they also organise the best golf and Bang Chang trips bye the way,just on the quit

2. second piont stay

THE ROCKHOUSE

Okay have to be up front here . I have know Mulphy for a couple of years (and count myself lucky that I have,just a top BLOKE in so many respects ).

First time stayed RH though!

Okay Accomodation

First thing you notice is how big the rooms are (40sqm plus, plus big bathroom plus full width Balconey,full glass doors,same as rovers)But more like a studio apartment.Only 1 room per floor!!!

Same as rovers clean ass ,open airey and very light and upbeat.

Also added to A/C is fans and coffee /tea facilities and mood lighting (dimmer switches witch is a very nice touche),not to mention lounges and coffee table area.

The staff are top notch and as with the Rovers the staff work to your schedual and not the other way around as with highrise accomadation,whitch Im sure everyone is aware of

Okay Drawbacks For RockHouse

Same Same piont 1 and 2 Rovers

But again drawing a long Bow

Also very hard to just be in bar and have a quick 1, due to calibre of people and management and staff always having a laugh and a drink in BAR

Biggest Rockhouse accomadation Drawback= only 3 bloody Rooms BOOK EARLY

Would I stay again and recommend to mates ??

In a heartbeat

Two other places in Soi I would Highley recommend if cant get in to the first 2 above

3 LK METRO Apartments

great spot very clean rooms great facilities

Aircon bar and 3 FREE pool tables plus big screen sports.

Owner is another very friendley Irishman by the name off Dennis and a top bloke he is aswell

4 is the new Armagedon

great new renovated place

Very well respected senior BM staying here longterm (no names,loose lips sink ships)

And for very good reasons

Very good rooms and bar area free pool table

And new owner Mark is a terrific bloke (for a Kiwi ,).

CENTRAL LOCATION

Extremely Central

Baht bus both ways Soi buikhow ,only waited maximum 2/3 minute and straight to walking st 10mins to PBG.

North, walk to 2nd rd 5mins and on Baht bus

Beach rd =down Soi dianna thru Mikes shopping if u want A/c and your there!!

I dont think anywhere else could be anymore central to the whole of Patts ?? But Im sure some may beg to differ

EATING OUT

Heaps of good places to eat

One of my favorites was the Golf Club ,very good food at a very good price .Both Thai and Fallang and the LARGE 35bht cup of tea you could nearly dive in Awesome for day after gents

Another unsng great was the Steak n grill opp RH

One of our favorite specials was!

Salad,steak, pepper sauce ,many Veges plus Ice cream 185bht (And I was as full as a fat ladies sock and being about 115kg Aussie Im not to bad on the tooth )

Plus al the cart going around

Give one of the ladies 100bht and be amazed at just how much food they bring back

And it tastes great (sorry no bug for me,I know Im a lightweight)

Entertainment

Okay where do I start

1 Go-Gos

my number 1 pick Oasis great place with a very surprisingley quality slection.With great BGs with fun atitude!!

And the owner Rob or was It Bob from U S of A always keen to hand out free Sambucas to FLB crawlers (2 occasions).And would seem to be a good mate of his countryman MM

2 Club Ice

Not exactley my scene more for the younger crowd

Young people and there loud music AHHHHH

But top eye candy

3 champagne

never actually went in, to full on crawl

but seem to have some good cuties and happy hour

Always good combination

4 ICE Bar

Same Same champaigne

But always seemed very Quite while I was there

5 Round the corner

PAPAGOYER

Always going ofF

Many cuties hit it on one of the FLB crawls

Only good reports

Again greaat eye candy ,but cannot report past this Im afraid

Add to this list

LOLITAS

Hell club

Huge number of BBs on dianna and may other bas on LKMetro

And I believe you have a great area to try out

A number of nights a group of us would go out (some a lot more experienced than me).And we wouldnt leave this Block

No its no Walking Street

But if you want that ,Go to Walking st

But I think its a great place to stay and Have Fun

Many may disagree(please pass on your reason, I would be interested to hear) but this is my FACTUAL upto date account(left 24th March 2009) of this Hidden GEM

Give it a try

You might be pleasantly SURPRISED

wow, great run down on LK Metro, quite a few places i have still not tried on the soi, will give that steakhouse a go for sure, and breakfast at the irish rover is a must i hear.

just 4 weeks to wait now :D

of course th only trouble wit th irish is there over paid over sexed and over here lol..great if yr running a bar LOL.....sick ok...AND they play good golf.
Hi 'samfreeland', You could be right with a few of your points above, but certainly not over-paid..having a hotel/bar/restaurant, in Pattaya, certainly has it's compensations, but also a lorry load of headaches.(LOL)

Please feel free to drop in anytime your in Pattaya..Looking forward to meeting you..good on ya.

Cheers.

Pat. :gulp :gulp :sosad :gulp :gulp :allright

Hi 'samfreeland', You could be right with a few of your points above, but certainly not over-paid..having a hotel/bar/restaurant, in Pattaya, certainly has it's compensations, but also a lorry load of headaches.(LOL)

Please feel free to drop in anytime your in Pattaya..Looking forward to meeting you..good on ya.

Cheers.

Pat. :chogdee :gulp :chogdee2 :sosad :zzz: 2guns

Nice & cosy place.will pop by to check it out & say hi when i hit patt end of this month:gulp

Currently staying at the Rovers, and it is an excellent choice. Pat and Dom are outstanding hosts, and their staff is great. Went on one of their trips to the Dark Side yesterday, and it was a lot of fun.

As far as the menu goes, I can say the food is very good. So far I can recommend the breakfast and their pies. With a lot of emphasis on value around Patts these days, this place is a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...