Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Five or so years ago I rented clubs from Laem Chabang. They charged either 500bt or 800bt depending on the quality of the clubs you wanted. I opted for the 800bt clubs and played with a very nice set of Callaways. I think they also had TaylorMade sets. They were in great condition and I'm sure they still offer rental equipment in fine shape. I have no experience with Siam CC rentals.

If you're only playing a few rounds during your stay I'd recommend renting clubs. If you plan to play every day for an extended period, I'd recommend bringing your clubs. You might also send a pm to board member doggie who runs Solar Golf. He often has several sets of rental clubs available and can arrange all your tee times and course transit as well.

Correction!! Send your pm to board member doghaus, not doggie. Pardon the error.

Timgoose

Just send me an email to sales@solargolf.co.uk and I will let you know what we have as rentals. I will need to know your dates here in Thailand and where and when you want to play. Happy to organise your golf for you - we can take care of everything - transfers, transport and tee time bookings. Might even be able to fix up for you to join our golf days.

Hope to hear from you.

Doggie

New Solar Golf website. On temporary server for this week.

Thanks everyone.

Doggie, we are looking at early to mid-march for out next trip. There would be two of us playing (possibly a third) and our skill levels range from beginner to decent. Will get in touch with you as we get closer to our trip and make arrangements then.

• 1 month later...

I have hired clubs from Laem Chabang and a few other courses and the sets are not too bad. I am a left hander and there is less choice but decent clubs if you are a right hander.

You can also hire golf clubs from the pro shops along 3rd Road in Pattaya for 300 baht a day. You can probably negotiate a lower rate if you hire the set for a week or 2.