Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

last thursday I arrived in pattaya in one of mr T's cars and checked into a dolphin poolside room at the sabai lodge. I was intending to stay at least 3 nights.

went to my room but could not get air con to work. went back to reception who said they would call in the engineer but could not say how long this would take. I said since I had not unpacked, could I have a change of rooms rather than sweat 'til the tech arrived.

a guy from reception decided my problem was that I was just unable to work the air con controls so he would go back to room with me. he hit all the buttons and eventually a trickle of warm air came out of the vent. five minutes later it was still only warm air. but then the expert arrived who took down ceiling panels and then a large filter which was totally clogged with all kinds of filth and he went off with this.

I then asked the receptionist if he could get the standard lamp to work. he fiddled with the lamp resulting in a brilliant flash and all the power went out at least in my room.

I was then offered the next room which seemed OK 'til I plugged in the kettle for a cup of coffee. It didn't work. On my way out for the evening I asked reception for a new kettle. hours later when I returned there was a new kettle but this one didn't work. I now realised it was the power socket that was not working. the problem was that the kettle had a 3 inch cable and it could only reach one socket. I eventually solved the problem by standing the kettle on an upturned glass by the sink in the bathroom so that I could plug in the kettle and make a morning cup of coffee.

when I told the duty manager I was unimpressed by the electrical safety in these rooms and by the level of maintenance I was met with total indifference.

thirty minutes later I checked out.

That was the last time I will stay at the sabai lodge.

Im booked to stay in the Deluxe large pool in January had a look on pattaya photo guide site and had a walk around it seems to be the quiter end of pattaya apart from Sabai Massage and Classroom agogo both at the end of the road is this true as it is my first time in pattaya

Im booked to stay in the Deluxe large pool in January had a look on pattaya photo guide site and had a walk around it seems to be the quiter end of pattaya apart from Sabai Massage and Classroom agogo both at the end of the road is this true as it is my first time in pattaya

Soi 2 is a quieter area but at the top of the soi near second road you have bars/disco's but you cannot

really hear them, there was a new hotel being built on soi1 but i think thats finished now so it should be

a lot better.

Baht buses pass right by the front of the hotel and its an easy ride to all parts of beach road.

I stayed there 2 years ago and thought it was great.

That is strange because they just did a remodel of the Dolphin pool rooms.

I have a feeling you were not at a Dolphin pool room.

I have had nothing but excellent experiences at the Sabai Lodge.

Edited by Skylar
  • 3 weeks later...