Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Security Boxes for Rent

Both my Thai Banks have long waiting lists for private security boxes within the bank.

Can anybody suggest or anyone use alternative facilities anywhere ?? (Doesn't have to be In Pattaya but preferred)

Thanks

Beware of using a mailbox as a security bank deposit box.

I wouldn't trust the staff.

They are often not strongly built.

Try to get the Missus to call around all the banks, if you find one with an available box or two, open an account and use the box.

The Postal shop/travel agents across from the main post office (soi post office off 2nd rd) have security boxes for rent. They need 2 sets of keys to open so are totally secure from the staff.

The Postal shop/travel agents across from the main post office (soi post office off 2nd rd) have security boxes for rent. They need 2 sets of keys to open so are totally secure from the staff.

Thanks for that-to your knowledge are you hidden from "general" view when accessing box ??

(Not expecting bank style facilities !!)

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Oversea Travel Service, the one mentioned above on Soi Post Office, across from the PO, for several years with no issues.

They provide two keys and you can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually.

And while they don't have 'private rooms' for you to use your box, they hand the box to you on a counter top in the back and walk away.

Sleight of hand and moving quickly would allow you to easily deposit anything of real value in your box with no problems.

They provide two keys

I wouldn't be using any place where 'They' provide the keys unless it was a place that signed me in and out in front of a camera and had adequate insurance.

I would trust nothing less than a Bank with my valuables.

Even if you have to get a Taxi to a Bank in a nearby Town it would be worth the added time and expense imho.

What do you want to deposit anyway? :thumbup

The 99 services place underneath the VC hotel has boxes for rent. A friend had one for about 6000baht per year. The beauty about this place was that it was close to the action and also open 24 hours a day.

You needed 2 keys to open the box and the place had cameras I think. You also had to provide photgraphic id and sign in and out of a register every time you use the box.