Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Does anyone take any special food or snacks with them that you can never seem to get on hols? Im taking marmite with me on this trip (yep i love it) i cant wait to see the look on their little faces when i give them a taste :clap2 :clueless

i cant wait to see the look on their little faces when i give them a taste

Funny, I often think the same thing.

Of course it is not marmite I feed them..........

On my short trips back to uk i dont carry much clothes etc and on my return the case is packed full of food.

My list usually has:

Cornflakes (at least 3 big boxes)

hp sauce

oxo's

lentils and broth packs

Walkers crisps

uk Cadbury chocolate

tetley teabags

hot chocolate

colemans mustard

cheese slices

Irn Bru

jelly babies/roses/quality st

as many tins as i can arsed carrying

The farang food prices in the supermarkets are stupid now in thailand and this haul saves me a small fortune. (as well as some stuff just aint available). Some may mock but my baggage allowance would just go to waste as i would travel light anyway.

Edited by vidman
On my short trips back to uk i dont carry much clothes etc and on my return the case is packed full of food.

My list usually has:

Cornflakes (at least 3 big boxes)

hp sauce

oxo's

lentils and broth packs

Walkers crisps

uk Cadbury chocolate

tetley teabags

hot chocolate

colemans mustard

cheese slices

Irn Bru

jelly babies/roses/quality st

as many tins as i can arsed carrying

The farang food prices in the supermarkets are stupid now in thailand and this haul saves me a small fortune. (as well as some stuff just aint available). Some may mock but my baggage allowance would just go to waste as i would travel light anyway.

Those are the 3 I have to agree with you on. Even though I'm from the states, I have a very special place in my heart, and my stomach for HP sauce. I discovered it when I first moved over here, and never go anywhere without it lol. As for cheeses, cold cuts they have, but have no selection of cheese other then the 1 or 2 brands that they sell. Same can be said for cheese bricks, not a very large selection here at all to top crackers with.

Two more to add to that list,

Louisiana or Crystal Hot Sauce. Have yet to see these anywhere in Thailand

Spray Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

Spray Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

You haven't seen deodorant in Thailand? In spray, mist, rollon, stick....?? That's sort of like saying you haven't seen a 7-Eleven. Or cars.

Or are you saying Spray is a brand (which I've never heard of)? Otherwise get someone to lead you over to the deo aisle, and just reach up with whatever hand that's not holding your white stick.

Does anyone take any special food or snacks with them that you can never seem to get on hols? Im taking marmite with me on this trip (yep i love it) i cant wait to see the look on their little faces when i give them a taste

as an aussie i always bring a small jar of vegemite for my morning toast.

only once did customs ask what it was...after they stuck a teaspoon in it and tasted it i was on my way

the look on the officials face was worth the 30 min delay in customs.

• 2 weeks later...
You haven't seen deodorant in Thailand? In spray, mist, rollon, stick....?? That's sort of like saying you haven't seen a 7-Eleven. Or cars.

Or are you saying Spray is a brand (which I've never heard of)? Otherwise get someone to lead you over to the deo aisle, and just reach up with whatever hand that's not holding your white stick.

My you are getting sarcy.... ;)

How about disposable razors, I still fetch loads of those back, although as you say the deodorants are readily available.

My you are getting sarcy.... D

How about disposable razors, I still fetch loads of those back, although as you say the deodorants are readily available.

Same thing. All kinds of disposable, name-brand razors here. MAYBE not your brand but they do have ever so many. Do you also use Spray-brand razors?

Funny thing is that I understand brand loyalty and I actually DO pack deo on occasion, because the brand I have long favoured is not available in Thailand. But I can "make do" if necessary.

Edited by joekicker
Same thing. All kinds of disposable, name-brand razors here. MAYBE not your brand but they do have ever so many. Do you also use Spray-brand razors?

Funny thing is that I understand brand loyalty and I actually DO pack deo on occasion, because the brand I have long favoured is not available in Thailand. But I can "make do" if necessary.

What are spray brand razors? I use these Gillette Blue 2 Plus things, I may have seen Gillette Blue here but not this exact model. They were sold in silly little packs of 3, and when I tried them they wouldn't shave an egg. Some other brands bought here also exhibited such dullness. I am not inclined to waste my time and money, and will use up the 4 packs of 10 in my cupboard first, despite the fact that the heat and humidity causes the lubricated strip to peel off!