Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I'm considering staying at this hotel/apartment on my next trip. Does anyone have recent info on this place?

I've seen this link: http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...olden&st=25

but most of that is old news and I'm looking for an update.

Thanks in advance!

LOL are you makin this up THE GOLDEN CRAB! posted by ichy2 hows your mate scratchy is he ok lmfao :rolleyes:

Nice enough place but very overpriced in my opinion.

The bedrooms are small, cleaning is only every 3rd day.

Good location and very clean but there is much better value to be had.

You can arrange for daily cleaning and linen for a small fee. Since they are apartments with a full kitchen the bedrooms might not be as large as a one room hotel room, but on the other hand, they are a little larger than the bedrooms at the Residence Garden.

INN OF THE GOLDEN CRAB

SERVICED APARTMENTS 100M FROM THE CENTER OF PATTAYA BEACH

Welcome to the Golden Crab. We hope you decide to stay with us for your next visit. This information sheet is designed to provide answers to questions you may have about the facilities. We hope you find it useful and informative.

The complex contains twenty six one bedroom apartments, and nine two bedroom ones. All have air conditioning & ceiling fans with hot & cold water. There is a small swimming pool, and a bar.

There are books in many languages in our library next to the lift on floor 2. All apartments have cable TV showing around sixty channels in many languages 24 hours a day.

Each apartment has a small kitchen, with a two ring hob and refrigerator. All pots, crocks, etc. are provided, and there is an electronic safe fitted. Each has a separate living room with dining area. All bedrooms have double beds and en-suite shower room and toilet. Bed linen and towels are provided and these are changed, and the apartments are cleaned, every three days. There is no additional charge for this service. Please note that we do NOT provide toilet rolls, soap, etc. free.

ROOM RENTALS May 1st. To Oct. 31st. Nov 1 to Apr 30

Payable in advance

1 Bedroom Apartments Per Week Per Month Per Week Per Month

Floors 1 to 3 B 5,500 B20,000 B 7,500 B24,000

Floors 4 to 6 B 6,500 B22,000 B 8,500 B26,000

2 Bedroom Apartments Per Week Per Month Per Week Per Month

Floors 2 & 3 B 8,000 B26,000 B 9,500 B30,500

Floors 4 to 6 B 9,500 B29,000 B10,500 B34,000

ELECTRICITY Is charged according to metered usage at B7.0 per unit

WATER Is charged according to metered usage at B25 per CuM

RETURNABLE DEPOSIT We require a deposit of B5,000 on arrival against loss or damage to

the apartment. This is returnable in the event that no loss or damage occurs.

RESERVATION DEPOSITS To book in advance we require a deposit of B2,000. This can be sent by bank transfer directly to one of the bank accounts listed below. Please fax or E mail us a copy of the transfer document from your bank.

ROOM RENTALS are payable in advance. In the case of periods in excess of one month, one

Months rental is payable in advance. Unless the length of stay is stated at the commencement of the tenancy, we require one months notice of termination, or one months rent in lieu.

Details of our bank accounts are :-

SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED

PATTAYA BEACH ROAD BRANCH . ACCOUNT NO. 535-3-01053-4

ACCOUNT NAME: THE GOLDEN CRAB CO. LTD

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

HIGH ST. EVESHAM.

SORT CODE 30 - 80 - 34

ACCOUNT NO. 11686268

ACCOUNT NAME: MRS C. WALES

IBAN gb40loyd30803411686268

BIC (SWIFTCODE) loydgb21723

We hope you found this information usefull. Should you have any other queries

please E mail us and we will provide any information we have. Thank you for your enquiry.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I have decided to give this place a try. I don't think it is too expensive as the break down from the weekly rate of 8500 baht is 1214 per day. This is reasonable considering Pattaya Bay Resort (my first choice) would be 1399 + 97.93 (7% govt tax) = 1496.93. I save about 300 a day and I am closer to Beach Road for afternoon freelancer strolls and I will have kitchen for the girls to cook me food!

Woohoo! Can't wait.