Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I was looking for off season accommodation in Pats and at "700 Baht up" for the Lodge it seems a snip for waht you get. Having said that I have never stayed at the Sabai and would like some boardie comment before I book the place. Any comments, suggestions, feedback, up sides and down?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for off season accommodation in Pats and at "700 Baht up" for the Lodge it seems a snip for waht you get. Having said that I have never stayed at the Sabai and would like some boardie comment before I book the place. Any comments, suggestions, feedback, up sides and down?

700 is for the shittiest rooms in the Hotel , the ones in the carpark.

The hotel itself is quite good ,4 pools,24 hour security and reception , nice and quiet, reasonably modern, room service, waiter service by the pool , good location etc .

I stay at Sabai Lodge but normally get the Deluxe A rooms near the main pool. haven't seen the condition of the cheaper rooms so cant comment on them but highly recomend the Hotel

It jumped up to 980 when said I didn't fancy having a room in the car park.

I am now booked in to the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Good reports,but not as posh as the Sabai if you are prepared to pay for good rooms.

It jumped up to 980 when said I didn't fancy having a room in the car park.

I am now booked in to the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Good reports,but not as posh as the Sabai if you are prepared to pay for good rooms.

PBR has wafer thin walls and is noisy. I much prefer Sabai Inn on Soi 2. Very well run and even though it doesn't have a pool itself, you are allowed to use the one belonging to the sister hotel across the road. Excellent value with 10% discount for a week's stay.

http://www.sabaiinn.com/

Staggered that anyone can say the PBR is noisy. I have stayed there twice, the most recent occasion only last month and a top selling point of the hotel is it is very quiet at night. This comment was also made by two of the ladies i took back there.

Edited by THAI ROB
Staggered that anyone can say the PBR is noisy. I have stayed there twice, the most recent occasion only last month and a top selling point of the hotel is it is very quiet at night. This comment was also made by two of the ladies i took back there.

The walls are so thin you can hear every word spoken in adjacent rooms. On top of that, the corridors reverberate really badly so at night there is ongoing clunking of stiletto heels. And try having the room below the gymnasium!!

The walls are so thin you can hear every word spoken in adjacent rooms. On top of that, the corridors reverberate really badly so at night there is ongoing clunking of stiletto heels. And try having the room below the gymnasium!!

Mr Bazle has to be in the employ of Sabai group.

Sabai wanted 2 nights deposit,PBR do not.

Mr Bazle has to be in the employ of Sabai group.

Sabai wanted 2 nights deposit,PBR do not.

I'm very pleased to say that I have not been in the employ of anyone for 7 months - and highly recommend it!!

I have recently booked 9 days at Sabai Inn for end of March/beginning of April and have not been asked for a deposit.

I'm very pleased to say that I have not been in the employ of anyone for 7 months - and highly recommend it!!

I have recently booked 9 days at Sabai Inn for end of March/beginning of April and have not been asked for a deposit.

Superior B have shower and safty box in room.

During the period as your request we require first two nights deposit (990 x 1 room x 2 nights = 1,980.-). Kindly forward your credit card no.& Expire date (Visa or Master card) to us.

Please let us have your confirmation as soon as you made up your mind.

Argue with that.

Also note that the room was 900,yet he managed to get 1980BHT.

Superior B have shower and safty box in room.

During the period as your request we require first two nights deposit (990 x 1 room x 2 nights = 1,980.-). Kindly forward your credit card no.& Expire date (Visa or Master card) to us.

Please let us have your confirmation as soon as you made up your mind.

Argue with that.

Also note that the room was 900,yet he managed to get 1980BHT.

I don't really know why I find myself trying to explain this as I have no connection with the place - except enjoying staying there. However, let me suggest what it might mean.

They have two types of room. The differences are marginal - the better rooms have a bath with built in shower, the others just have a shower; in the better ones, you get a kettle and a daily supply of tea and coffee making supplies. In all rooms, there are bolted down safes and you get 2 bottles of water a day. The cheaper rooms at the moment are 950 a night and the more expensive ones 1100. After the 10% discount for a 7 night stay, that becomes 855 and 990.

The price they have quoted to you seems to be for the better room at this time of year for a stay of 7 nights or more. I don't know where you get the 900 from as that is not quoted anywhere on the website.

Perhaps they are asking for a deposit as you are a new customer. I pay in cash and often do not give them any money until I've been there a few days. However, amongst their records I'm sure they have my credit card details.

I don't really know why I find myself trying to explain this as I have no connection with the place - except enjoying staying there. However, let me suggest what it might mean.

They have two types of room. The differences are marginal - the better rooms have a bath with built in shower, the others just have a shower; in the better ones, you get a kettle and a daily supply of tea and coffee making supplies. In all rooms, there are bolted down safes and you get 2 bottles of water a day. The cheaper rooms at the moment are 950 a night and the more expensive ones 1100. After the 10% discount for a 7 night stay, that becomes 855 and 990.

The price they have quoted to you seems to be for the better room at this time of year for a stay of 7 nights or more. I don't know where you get the 900 from as that is not quoted anywhere on the website.

Perhaps they are asking for a deposit as you are a new customer. I pay in cash and often do not give them any money until I've been there a few days. However, amongst their records I'm sure they have my credit card details.

Perhaps you are replying as you are the one that suggests Sabai ove all in Pattaya.

Anyway,I was quoted ..Sabai Lodge

Superior B (behind the Dolphin Pool) : 900.-/room/night

Deluxe C (Ruen Thai Pool) : 1,000.-/room/night I chose the 900 room then was asked for 1980 for two nights

Bloody twits.you are welcome to that lot mat and I will enjoy PBR san noise as I have for years.

Perhaps you are replying as you are the one that suggests Sabai ove all in Pattaya.

Anyway,I was quoted ..Sabai Lodge

Superior B (behind the Dolphin Pool) : 900.-/room/night

Deluxe C (Ruen Thai Pool) : 1,000.-/room/night I chose the 900 room then was asked for 1980 for two nights

Bloody twits.you are welcome to that lot mat and I will enjoy PBR san noise as I have for years.

Please re-read post 4

PBR has wafer thin walls and is noisy. I much prefer Sabai Inn on Soi 2. Very well run and even though it doesn't have a pool itself, you are allowed to use the one belonging to the sister hotel across the road. Excellent value with 10% discount for a week's stay.

http://www.sabaiinn.com/

I'm not sure what you are saying because there is a typing error but I have not tried every hotel in Pattaya; I was saying nothing more than that I prefer Sabai Inn over PBR. I have no experience at all of the other Sabai Hotels. I think you are getting them confused - note that the one I stay at is Sabai Inn, not Sabai Lodge.

Enjoy your stay at PBR. Are you in their employ? :beer

I think if you read most reports on PBR the noise issue gets mentioned once or twice in each thread.

I think if you read most reports on PBR the noise issue gets mentioned once or twice in each thread.

Indeed,by the same people!

Even use same wording,god only knows what is behind it.

Have you looked at the Sabai Resort. My preferred choice from the group of properties.

Special deal on just now http://www.sabairesortpty.com/index1.html

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Sam, why do you like Sabai Resort over the other properties? I have looked at staying at one of their properties as their prices are reasonable. Usually I stay at PBR or with the Nova Group, but looking for something different. Thanks.

Sam, why do you like Sabai Resort over the other properties? I have looked at staying at one of their properties as their prices are reasonable. Usually I stay at PBR or with the Nova Group, but looking for something different. Thanks.

Dave,do tel us how you found PBR noise wise?

Am I the only one that gets confused with this group? What with the Inn, Resort,Lodge etc etc. Can some one give a concise whats what please?

Sabai Bazle will put you right!

Am I the only one that gets confused with this group? What with the Inn, Resort,Lodge etc etc. Can some one give a concise whats what please?

Sabai Empress is the new Prestige Hotel, sort of like a 5 Star Hotel ,very nice rooms and with their massive discounts reasonably priced, i think book rates are about 2500 baht a night which is way over priced , but they are having introductory offers which seem to have been going for six months and the rooms are up to 50% off.

Sabai lodge and Sabai Resort are resort hotels , Hotels with a design around luxurious pools and Tranquill Settings, the type of hotel where you could spend 90% of your trip if you wanted to just take it easy.

Sabai Inn is directly across the SoI (literally 20 metres) from Sabai Lodge , is a slightly cheaper option than the above two as it doesn't have all the facilities , however you have full use of the Lodges facilities

I think nus01, has answered for me.

Sabai lodge and Sabai Resort are resort hotels , Hotels with a design around luxurious pools and Tranquill Settings, the type of hotel where you could spend 90% of your trip if you wanted to just take it easy.

There is not a lot to choose location wise from any of their properties. I feel for a little extra cash the Resort feels classier somehow. Found them always good to deal with directly or via a booking company. I am booked into a Ruen Thai Villa for the end of March for a few days.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Dave,do tel us how you found PBR noise wise?

I don't find it quite as bad as others have mentioned. Sure you can here what is going on in the next room if they have the TV really loud or something else loud :banghead . I have never found it annoying, but maybe that is just me. The rooms are small, but ok. For location, price, free wi-fi and a decent pool it is a great place to stay IMO.

Sabai Empress is the new Prestige Hotel, sort of like a 5 Star Hotel ,very nice rooms and with their massive discounts reasonably priced, i think book rates are about 2500 baht a night which is way over priced , but they are having introductory offers which seem to have been going for six months and the rooms are up to 50% off.

Sabai Inn is directly across the SoI (literally 20 metres) from Sabai Lodge , is a slightly cheaper option than the above two as it doesn't have all the facilities , however you have full use of the Lodges facilities

nus01 - Thanks for the response.