Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi Guys,

The question is "can you buy duty free at Bangkok and then transit thro Doha to London Heathrow"?

I have been told that you have the said drinks taken off you at Doha as it is more than the 100mls ??

Can you buy duty free at Doha? I have never been thro that airport?

Any help on this matter would be most helpful.

Thank You

Be Nice

Moby69

Since I posted the above I have woken up and have since found out there is a very good duty ree part at Doha airport.... unless you know diffrent

Be Nice

Moby69

Edited by moby69
Since I posted the above I have woken up and have since found out there is a very good duty ree part at Doha airport.... unless you know diffrent

Be Nice

Moby69

I know the fags where substantially cheaper in Doha than BKK so guess booze may well be the same. :behead

Hi moby69,

You can definitely shop from the duty free of Bangkok. But there is a limit that you can take with you. Honestly I don’t know the limit, but you can find it out from the Bangkok airline staff. The transit passengers are allowed to carry a certain amount of kilo grams but their not allowed to exceed the weight. So be careful when you are shopping don’t buy stuff like fluids because they don’t allow any kind of fluids to be carried.

Have a safe journey.All the best.

Chrees.

Hi moby69,

You can definitely shop from the duty free of Bangkok. But there is a limit that you can take with you. Honestly I don’t know the limit, but you can find it out from the Bangkok airline staff. The transit passengers are allowed to carry a certain amount of kilo grams but their not allowed to exceed the weight. So be careful when you are shopping don’t buy stuff like fluids because they don’t allow any kind of fluids to be carried.

Have a safe journey.All the best.

Chrees.

What a complete load of nonsense.

Be Nice

Moby69

You are correct, went through there on Sunday coming home but didn't get booze so can't help with prices.

Glyn.

You are correct, went through there on Sunday coming home but didn't get booze so can't help with prices.

Glyn.

Hi all

you can download the latest catalogue from Qatars website including prices for Doha. Seems one of the cheapest around.

B&H ciggies are $14/200 & currently Doha duty free has a special 1000 cig pack for the price of 800.

Wasn't stopped at Gatwick customs a few weeks ago with this pack but last December was stopped with 600 cigs but just cautioned.

Tried to get booze at LHR DF on outward flight but got knocked back when I showed my transit airport was Doha.

cheers B) :cry2

rogero

Hi all

Tried to get booze at LHR DF on outward flight but got knocked back when I showed my transit airport was Doha.

cheers B) :cry2

rogero

That is good to hear, staff at LHR looking out for you.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I was looking to get a bottle of Whisky but was unsure if you were allowed to transit with it in these troubled times?

Be Nice

Moby69

Hi Guys,

The question is "can you buy duty free at Bangkok and then transit thro Doha to London Heathrow"?

I have been told that you have the said drinks taken off you at Doha as it is more than the 100mls ??

Can you buy duty free at Doha? I have never been thro that airport?

Any help on this matter would be most helpful.

Thank You

Be Nice

Moby69

in all my travels i have been to doha once and i have to say its not a bad airport at all and in my opinion it has one of the cheapest duty free i have ever experienced

:banghead

didnt buy alcohol though, just fags but prices for everything looked cheap(that was couple years back mind) wouldnt think much has changed since then though.

I can confirm that rolling tobacco was slightly cheaper in Qatar than Bangkok.

Problem is you cannot pay in your left over Thai baht and have to dig out your £/$/Euros.

As to alcohol, yes they do sell it and since stuff bought in Bangkok might well be taken off you, little choice.

That is good to hear, staff at LHR looking out for you.

Yes, At the time I was a bit miffed but when I realised later what the score was I was grateful for their help :D

Doha is one of the cheapest duty frees around,

Ideal for little prezzies for the ladies in your life (whether you have actually met them or not yet !) before you arrive in LOS ! :D

cheers rogero :beer :beer :beer