Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys, :D

It's me again. Last post received quite a few responses which are all very interesting. here is a new topic. 1luv

You may or may not have heard of scandinavian village in Bangsaen and another one in Hua Hin or some where nearby. Right?

As an xpat living abroad, be it Pattaya, surrounding areas, Bangkok or even elsewhere in Thailand and for that matter, the rest of the world ( but not you home country)

Would you choose to have neighbours, or even the whole village, where you choose to live in, having people from the same home country as yours? and why?

Affinity One. :D

Yes.......

But not so restrictive as saying the home country... I might say Brits, American, Australian and Western Europe.... but no Irish.

(Just kidding on the Irish comment).

I am afraid to say that Thais are not the best neighbours.....

Nor am I..... I epitomise the grumpy old man.

Hi guys, :D

It's me again. Last post received quite a few responses which are all very interesting. here is a new topic. 1luv

You may or may not have heard of scandinavian village in Bangsaen and another one in Hua Hin or some where nearby. Right?

As an xpat living abroad, be it Pattaya, surrounding areas, Bangkok or even elsewhere in Thailand and for that matter, the rest of the world ( but not you home country)

Would you choose to have neighbours, or even the whole village, where you choose to live in, having people from the same home country as yours? and why?

Affinity One. :D

America is a big place with lots of different people, so it's hard to generalize. But, I wouldn't mind having some people around that I had something in common with, whether they were from America or Europe, etc. A good mix makes it more interesting.

I am afraid to say that Thais are not the best neighbours.....

Depends on where you live and who your neighbours are, I suppose. :D I have no problems with mine whatsoever. 1luv

If you want to spend your days discussing Volvos, pickled herrings and Abba though, the Scandinavian Village might be right up your gata.

Edited by CheshireTom
Depends on where you live and who your neighbours are, I suppose. :D I have no problems with mine whatsoever. :gulp

If you want to spend your days discussing Volvos, pickled herrings and Abba though, the Scandinavian Village might be right up your gata.

That's great Tom... people differ. It might be me too.....

Bad neighbours are just that irrespective of nationality. But the farang ones generally are older and don't have 5 kids and 8 dogs, and paint their houses now and again!

Birds of a feather living together seems to be an international phenomenon. When we traveled through Argentina and Chile we came across a fair number of villages where it seemed there were a substantial number of very old German's were living. :behead I was born and for the most part grew up in Philadelphia and we had many ethnic centric neighborhoods.

Edited by BigDUSA
Birds of a feather living together seems to be an international phenomenon. When we traveled through Argentina and Chile we came across a fair number of villages where it seemed there were a substantial number of very old German's were living. :behead I was born and for the most part grew up in Philadelphia and we had many ethnic centric neighborhoods.

Had they been there since about 1945 by any chance. :D

Had they been there since about 1945 by any chance. :D

It is nice to have other expats around just to help you learn the ropes and to ask questions.

Socially it is also nice to converse with people from the same background now and again.

I would agree with the above quote. Now and again, when the mood suits.

• 2 weeks later...
It's my firm belief that all expats should live abroad.

Hell no, I am staying here.