Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Footballers salary

I have always thought that sports stars make excessive amounts but so do movie stars and CEOs and the top performers of many professions - including doctors and lawyers.

As far as movies and sporting events go, if we want to register a vote in disagreement with the costs of a ticket associated with these high salaries, we can stay home and watch it on cable TV in re-run status. Otherwise, if we go to the cinema or to the stadium, we have no reason to bitch! We are part of the problem! If we see it as such.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are part of the problem!

Tough to argue your very true statement, but, with no disrespect to the Yankees nor their players, the Steinbrenner's of the world are always going to try and buy their championships. That's not to say that I think the type B owner is not trying to buy fans and championships, it's just that they are a different animal. But bottom line........we don't buy, they can't sell.

Well it's better than ripping off frail/infirm/mentally/infirm/unstable/retards for £300 for a screw on a gable end.

Did one yesterday for an 85 year old, three stroreys up, she was told it was over a grand because it needed scaffolding 1luv !!! i did it on my own off tripple ladders £160 :unsure: . i could have charged more because of what she had been quoted. Is that rippin her off? :moon

As far as movies and sporting events go, if we want to register a vote in disagreement with the costs of a ticket associated with these high salaries, we can stay home and watch it on cable TV in re-run status. Otherwise, if we go to the cinema or to the stadium, we have no reason to bitch! We are part of the problem! If we see it as such.

I agree about going to the stadium and paying high prices, but I wonder what percentage of 'supporters' of the EPL top six teams, have ever watched them play a game live ?

The TV companies are a bigger factor now than before. I will not contribute to SKY Sports etc. The really big games and boxing matches are an add on, or as they put it " To join in, call this number with your credit card.. "

Another thing. When we paid 7/6d- 75p- 30bht, to stand at Wembley for an England game, the pitch was like a bowling green- 'The Hallowed Turf'. Forty years later, they spent so much money on the new stadium, it has to be used more often to recoup the costs. The pitch is as bad as that of a lower league team. Hardly equal to a National Stadium.

When the second half of a game starts at Wembley, you would think the place was empty, most of the corporate seats opposite the cameras, are still empty, because all those people on a ' jolly' are still swilling free booze and stuffing their faces. The game is a secondary factor in their visit.

Hundreds of seats, now denied to proper fans. but bring in big money for the stadium. You have to go into a lottery now to get a ticket for an England game, whereas before, if you were a previous customer, you got an invitation to buy in the post.

My advise ? Support your local team, no matter how lowly. The feeling of loyalty will come with time. You will see the same people every week and make new friends. Strangers will make conversation with you because you are wearing a team scarf on the bus- train, or in the pub. It beats TV football every time.

Hi,

I think the top players deserve large salaries. The problem is that all the mediocre ones expect big money as well. As nidnoyham hs said it is the TV revenues that drive the market these days. :D

I agree about going to the stadium and paying high prices, but I wonder what percentage of 'supporters' of the EPL top six teams, have ever watched them play a game live ?

The TV companies are a bigger factor now than before. I will not contribute to SKY Sports etc. The really big games and boxing matches are an add on, or as they put it " To join in, call this number with your credit card.. "

Another thing. When we paid 7/6d- 75p- 30bht, to stand at Wembley for an England game, the pitch was like a bowling green- 'The Hallowed Turf'. Forty years later, they spent so much money on the new stadium, it has to be used more often to recoup the costs. The pitch is as bad as that of a lower league team. Hardly equal to a National Stadium.

When the second half of a game starts at Wembley, you would think the place was empty, most of the corporate seats opposite the cameras, are still empty, because all those people on a ' jolly' are still swilling free booze and stuffing their faces. The game is a secondary factor in their visit.

Hundreds of seats, now denied to proper fans. but bring in big money for the stadium. You have to go into a lottery now to get a ticket for an England game, whereas before, if you were a previous customer, you got an invitation to buy in the post.

My advise ? Support your local team, no matter how lowly. The feeling of loyalty will come with time. You will see the same people every week and make new friends. Strangers will make conversation with you because you are wearing a team scarf on the bus- train, or in the pub. It beats TV football every time.

I agree with you. TV money is huge but we can turn off the television too.