Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Greatest Show on Earth

World Cup - Who will win ?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My earlier post was just a statement of fact about soccer. No one won those first 2 games. In one game no one scored. In both cases the teams failure to win was rewarded. These are facts.

Dear Confused in Rayong,

You aren't very good with this 'facts' thing, are you? In both cases the teams failure to win was penalised; instead of 3 points, they got one. It was the teams' achievement in not getting beaten that was rewarded. :banghead :D: I know that the chance of more than two outcomes must be difficult for you to comprehend but I'm sure the girlies at 7Eleven will explain it to you the next time you pop in.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you managed to wait until Day 2 before coming out with your normal uninformed bile. :D

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Japan listening to US military radio (the only English-language thing on the radio dial, and I don't have a TV).

They ran through every score in major league baseball but didn't even mention the World Cup.

No mentioning of a non American sport ? I don't believe you ! :D

Perhaps the word " World" would have confused them into thinking it was about baseball anyway. :banghead

Perhaps the word " World" would have confused them into thinking it was about baseball anyway. :allright

Hi,

Yeah, England gave the world a truly international sport. Can't argue with that.

They ran through every score in major league baseball but didn't even mention the World Cup.

I'd expect that on a baseball news broadcast, though. Plus of course US armed forces radio is for, well, members of the US armed forces, who want to know their hometown news way (trust me here) WAY more than any other news. Horses for courses. Pattaya Daily News doesn't have today's matches on the front page either. (They have yesterday's).

I'd expect that on a baseball news broadcast, though. Plus of course US armed forces radio is for, well, members of the US armed forces, who want to know their hometown news way (trust me here) WAY more than any other news.

Do you think that they can receive US Armed Forces Radio in Rayong? :beer

Do you think that they can receive US Armed Forces Radio in Rayong? unsure

Heh.

There actually is an AFN TV feed into Thailand. If you go sit in the (non-American, main) waiting room of the US Embassy you can watch it, and all the American embassy ghettos supposedly have it.

Sorry, my bad. An hour later they DID have a brief spot on the World Cup, including a soundbite from the American scorer. Then it was on to five minutes of baseball.

Typical soccer - 2 games played on opening day of the WC, no one won, and one game was a nil-nil tie, but they each got one point. :thumbup

Soccer rewards teams that under achieve.

Typical Yank comment when commenting on FOOTBALL ( not fucking soccer) so do you think it would be under achieving if North Korea were to get a 0-0 against Brazil?

Typical Yank comment when commenting on FOOTBALL ( not fucking soccer) so do you think it would be under achieving if North Korea were to get a 0-0 against Brazil?

Actually, it's a typical Vic comment. There are loads of Yanks who actually understand the game. :thumbup

Actually, it's a typical Vic comment. There are loads of Yanks who actually understand the game. :thumbup

So ask them to call it by it's name then, who the hell thought up the crap name soccer?

So ask them to call it by it's name then, who the hell thought up the crap name soccer?

The English!

The word "soccer" originated as an "Oxford '-er'" slang abbreviation of "association", and was popularized by a prominent English footballer, Charles Wreford-Brown. This origin is evident in the sometimes-heard variation, "soccer football."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28word%29

Argentina will win it.

who the hell thought up the crap name soccer?

Have to be some pretty ignorant and stupid person or group for sure. What a stupid name!

Probably Germans!

Ok i stand corrected, soccer is a bloody stupid name, no offence to the yanks but most of them that I have chatted football with just don't get it, after saying that, well done for drawing with us last night. Everyone that i spoke to about the game before the match thought it would be a breeze but after watching the confed cup last year I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

Ok i stand corrected, soccer is a bloody stupid name, no offence to the yanks

Since the word "soccer" has NOTHING to do with "the yanks" then why continue on about them?

Everyone that i spoke to about the game before the match thought it would be a breeze

Ignorant, are they? Stupid?

Since the word "soccer" has NOTHING to do with "the yanks" then why continue on about them?

Maybe because they are the only ones that predominantely call it soccer.

Maybe because they are the only ones that predominantely call it soccer.

Well, the reason is simple. By the time "football" was introduced to the USA, there was already a game called "football" that was popular. Rather than having the same name for two sports, they chose to use another word.

Ha, for Brazil, most definitely and probably a dead Soccer coach or two.

BTW, if we were taught as children that it was called 'Shit Game' instead of Soccer, to us it would still not be said as an insult. 2guns

Ha, for Brazil, most definitely and probably a dead Soccer coach or two.

BTW, if we were taught as children that it was called 'Shit Game' instead of Soccer, to us it would still not be said as an insult. 2guns

Lol yes indeed, and what a wonderful game American Football, Baseball and Basketball is. /sarcasm off

Dear Confused in Rayong,

You aren't very good with this 'facts' thing, are you? In both cases the teams failure to win was penalised; instead of 3 points, they got one. It was the teams' achievement in not getting beaten that was rewarded. :cry2 :beer: I know that the chance of more than two outcomes must be difficult for you to comprehend but I'm sure the girlies at 7Eleven will explain it to you the next time you pop in.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you managed to wait until Day 2 before coming out with your normal uninformed bile. 2guns

Something like 50 pages in his petulant thread, and he still doesn't understand draws, leagues or groups 2guns

Vic

Boxing doesn't end in a knockout every time. Much to my disappointment, when I was 9 years old. As you get older, you appreciate the skill etc, rather than expect a couple of windmills to run out, trying to land a haymaker. Same football. Other things you haven't understood is that some teams are playing at high altitudes. And that losing the first game is really bad in a group competition. They are therefore playing a bit cautiously. Running about like a bunch of schoolboys, with no tactics , would be crap. The best teams are yet to play, and the tournament will warm up nicely. Think of it like foreplay. You have heard of foreplay!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Vic.

Start rehearsing your apology :D Poborskys goal tonight was clocked at 82 mph 2guns

What about when the South African guy scored and the whole of Africa went mental. You had to feel something?

Poborskys goal tonight was clocked at 82 mph rolleyes

Today's balls, it's almost nothing but a rush of air anyhow. Now, in the REAL days of the REAL World Cups and REAL footballs laced up around the sheep stomach with REAL leather and muddy fields....

I did get a kick (NO pun) out of the poor goalie injured in the chest when a meanie on the other team hit the ball into him, though, they had to get the trainer out and all. Good grief, even I was embarrassed for him.

Today's balls, it's almost nothing but a rush of air anyhow. Now, in the REAL days of the REAL World Cups and REAL footballs laced up around the sheep stomach with REAL leather and muddy fields....

I did get a kick (NO pun) out of the poor goalie injured in the chest when a meanie on the other team hit the ball into him, though, they had to get the trainer out and all. Good grief, even I was embarrassed for him.

Yes. They are lighter than usual. But even in the seventies, Peter Lorimer of Leeds ( a Scotsman :rolleyes: ), had a shot of around 100 mph. Vic, had earlier stated that he din't beleive me :rolleyes:

They are lighter than usual.

Hi,

I think that that ball that the Serbian player handles just floated onto his arm. Not a penalty IMO as handling has to be deliberate. BTW I forgot Ozil is German. I thought he was Turkish. With that guy in the team Deutchland has a big chance.

Yes. They are lighter than usual. But even in the seventies, Peter Lorimer of Leeds ( a Scotsman :banghead ), had a shot of around 100 mph. Vic, had earlier stated that he din't beleive me :D

He wasn't the only one either. Start talking about power or anything of magnitude when it comes to sport and VV will be all over it. He likes big, powerful men. :D