Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Check-bin 'Skimming' at Leng Kees

Was down at 'Leng Kees' on Pattaya Klang last night (the place renowned for roast duck).

The food was top-notch as usual, and it's not really all that expensive there. However, as we use the place at least a couple of times a month, the Mrs & I couldn't help but notice that, for the 3rd consecutive time an extra bowl of rice got put on the check bin. Not a budget buster by a long chalk, but friggin' annoying being taken for a mug.

This time, they lost out the cost 2 bowls of rice by not getting their tip. Next time, the Mrs is going to ask for the manager.

Check your Bin, every time guys. :rolleyes:

Used to go here a lot but I also got tired of the mysterious items on the bill. the food is great but if they treat me like a fool then they dont get my custom.

Strange but i have never had a problem there,including mates who have come with us.

RULE OF THUMB ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

CHECK YOUR BIN

RULE OF THUMB ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AMENDMENT 1

CHECK YOUR BIN AND YOUR CHANGE.

• 1 month later...
I like all foods and I fun to eat different types of food. I never heard about this type of incidents. I don't think this is true incidents and I often visit there but like to eat food and there are so many good foods to eat.

Hi just-in, I think most of us like food, and this place has a good reputation for its cuisine.

The OP and his wife have noticed this happening 3 times, so it's not just an unfortunate error. Why would you call these reported incidents into question and say this is not true? What are you saying, he made a mistake 3 times, he's lying, or what?

Hmm.

The same exact thing happened to me and the misses last week. 1 extra rice charge.

We chalked it off as a mistake at the time and just paid - its not like it was expensive.

Now that it looks like it wasnt a mistake, I think we will find a new place to eat.

Frosty

Had the same problem last holiday on 2 occasions.

Both times was with a lady and had a late night meal.

They must have thought I was too drunk to notice.

Asked for the manager the 2nd time. "manager go to sleep already".

Be aware and check your bin.

Had the same problem last holiday on 2 occasions.

Both times was with a lady and had a late night meal.

They must have thought I was too drunk to notice.

Asked for the manager the 2nd time. "manager go to sleep already".

Be aware and check your bin.

Did you get the extras removed 'no ploblem' though?

Beat me to it.

I don't think I'd totally quit a restaurant that has great food, just because they added a bowl of rice. But on the other hand I sure want to only pay for what I ate and I don't want drama when I find that extra bowl of rice on their made-up bill. It can be a tough call sometimes, but the "no ploblem" (or not) is sure part of whether I'm coming back.

No, they acted stupid as if they didn't know.

That's when I said I wanted to talk to the manager.

After they told me he wasn't there I just paid the bill.

No tip.

Went to Moon River Pub last week with a group of friends and they made a 2 drink mistake on my bill. My TGF had them correct it with no problem and I paid about an additional 250 baht as they had originally undercharged me.

A lot the places that I eat in the bill's in thai & I don't have clue what's on it. I just count the number of items that I ordered against the number of seperate items on the bill.

It never adds up :rolleyes: