Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just watched a very good documentory on the building of the giant airbus A380, are any airlines using it on there Bkk routes?..now that is one big bird I would love to fly in.

airbus2.bmp

emirates second leg, Dubai to BKK

brilliant plane, loads leg room, entertainment etc

EDIT IN:

:D :hairout :hairout :hairout :hairout

Do not ATTACH .BMP files. They won't display and people have to download them directly.

Same file above, but converted to a .JPG format file. You too can convert photos to .JPG at home in the comfort of your living room.

airbus2__2_.jpg

Just watched a very good documentary on the building of the giant airbus A380, are any airlines using it on there Bkk routes?..now that is one big bird I would love to fly in.

I would have loved to see that documentary on the A380 (Was it on UK TV?).

I wonder if my favorite airline Qatar has ordered any, (also certainly so & how many?) Can't wait.

I hesitate to mention this but ITV UK a short time ago showed the Boeing 787 arriving in Europe for an Air show, It looks very impressive. (850 pre-orders)

I know there is currently an on-going marathon thread on this subject & no doubt the fans of each will be cheering on "their" choice of aircraft manufacturer

but for the average flier who is only interested in price/comfort/safety the competition between airlines can only be beneficial to us all.

cheers rogero :clueless :beer :beer

I wonder if my favorite airline Qatar has ordered any, (also certainly so & how many?) Can't wait.

I hesitate to mention this but ITV UK a short time ago showed the Boeing 787 arriving in Europe for an Air show, It looks very impressive. (850 pre-orders)

I know there is currently an on-going marathon thread on this subject & no doubt the fans of each will be cheering on "their" choice of aircraft manufacturer

but for the average flier who is only interested in price/comfort/safety the competition between airlines can only be beneficial to us all.

Qatar has some on order but they won't take delivery of any until after the new airport in Doha is up and running.

it was on the documentory section on SKY TV, it came in 3 one hour programmes, they tend to repeat loads of programmes on SKY so I would imagine it will be on again soon.

Rumour doing the rounds at Manchester Airport is the introduction of Emirates A380 planned for 1st Sept will be delayed by 7 days. Will keep you posted.

Would this change of equipment relate to EK019 and EK020?

The same documentary was showing on Emirates on-board entertainment system a few months ago, not sure if it's still on.

Have flown on Emirates A380 about 4-5 times now, great aircraft, if you are in Y go for seat 68A,68K,81A or 81K, unlimited legroom siting in these seats. Still to fly business class on it, nearly impossible to upgrade using your miles.

I'm also booked on it again in September from Dubai to Bangkok, and again in November.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

The same documentary was showing on Emirates on-board entertainment system a few months ago, not sure if it's still on.

Have flown on Emirates A380 about 4-5 times now, great aircraft, if you are in Y go for seat 68A,68K,81A or 81K, unlimited legroom siting in these seats. Still to fly business class on it, nearly impossible to upgrade using your miles.

I'm also booked on it again in September from Dubai to Bangkok, and again in November.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Don't tell everyone. :rolleyes: I've booked 81K for my 3 flights in Sept. as 68K was taken. :D

Glyn.

My favourite feature onboard the A380 is the bar area at the back. I usually spend most of the flight stood at it getting drunk and chatting up the hot barmaid. :rolleyes:

My favourite feature onboard the A380 is the bar area at the back. I usually spend most of the flight stood at it getting drunk and chatting up the hot barmaid. :chogdee

can you barfine them? :thumbup

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

I think you must have been unlucky as I have found the A380 on the Dubai Bangkok leg the easiest for miles upgrades to business class. I have upgraded with miles twice and been upgraded for free a couple of times, in fact in April I was with my wife and daughter and all 3 of us got upgraded to business class at the gate in Dubai which was a nice surprise after being in cattle class from Gatwick - I should add that I am a Gold card holder on Emirates and this might make a difference.

I would have to rate the Emirates A380 and especially business class as being excellent and I try to plan my flights to use it wherever possible.

Trotski

Well it must be just me, i flew on it in January and did not find it anymore comfortable than the standard flight, the entertainment was the same ICE system and we boarded on time but were stood for 1hr while they tried to sort the seating out. I would not go out of my way to fly it again.

I flew on it in January from Dubai to Bkk and had the pleasure of being upgraded to Biz class(upstairs).So i did find it a lot better/plush than previous flights on the 777 when i've also been upgraded.Lovely little bar and more plush seating.

Emirates_A380_Seats_600x400.jpg

ek_a380_bar.jpg

Business_Class_Lounge_media_545x320_6_tcm276_354378.jpg

I'm also booked on Emirates towards the end of September and the e-ticket states that 2 out of the 4 flights(the Manchester to Dubai leg and the returning Dubai to Manchester leg are also on the A380).Just hope i get an upgrade to sample the delights in Biz class again.

I think you must have been unlucky as I have found the A380 on the Dubai Bangkok leg the easiest for miles upgrades to business class. I have upgraded with miles twice and been upgraded for free a couple of times, in fact in April I was with my wife and daughter and all 3 of us got upgraded to business class at the gate in Dubai which was a nice surprise after being in cattle class from Gatwick - I should add that I am a Gold card holder on Emirates and this might make a difference.

I would have to rate the Emirates A380 and especially business class as being excellent and I try to plan my flights to use it wherever possible.

Trotski

Hi, I am also Gold with Emirates and had plenty of free upgrades on the Dubai-Bangkok leg, just never on the A380.

Looking at manage my booking today it is showing that there is upgrade availability on the A380 for my September flight. Might treat myself and book it, although the last two trips this year the A380 has been replaced with a 777 once and cancelled completely the other time.

Hopefully my luck will change for the better.

Regards

Fireman Sam

• 3 weeks later...
Rumour doing the rounds at Manchester Airport is the introduction of Emirates A380 planned for 1st Sept will be delayed by 7 days. Will keep you posted.

Confirm Emirates A380 will indeed start from Manchester Airport on 1st September. A380 Airbridge at the Airport due to be completed next week.

Confirm Emirates A380 will indeed start from Manchester Airport on 1st September. A380 Airbridge at the Airport due to be completed next week.

Folk should be aware that the 380 on the BKK route changes to EK384/5 on 1 Oct (the flight that continues to HKG). The schedule is all over the place during OCT due to the time change in UK at the end of the month but then settles down. The good news for MAN guys is that the entire trip BKK-DXB-MAN-DXB-BKK will be able to be completed on A380s with minimal connection times in DXB.