Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Can You Sleep On Flights

Stilnox is very good. It was recommended to me by a friend when I was in the Philippines. I wish I had bought more. I found them better for sleep than Xanax.

I haven't seen it available in Thailand.

Try asking for Zolpidem MM same same

i have problems sleeping on the plane have tried getting up early to make myself go to sleep early it just does not work.

I have the odd doze but not what I would call a kip.

It is even worse when the films on the aircraft are shit.

Stilnox is very good. It was recommended to me by a friend when I was in the Philippines. I wish I had bought more. I found them better for sleep than Xanax.

I haven't seen it available in Thailand.

I took a look at what Wikipedia has to say about Zolpidem. It includes the following para:

The recreational-misuse of zolpidem is becoming more common in U.S.A, Canada, and the UK . Sold on the street as Abee'ss, Amee's or Amb'zz. Recreational users claim that "fighting" the effects of the drug by forcing themselves to stay awake will sometimes cause vivid visuals and a body high. Some users report decreased anxiety, mild euphoria, perceptual changes, visual distortions, and hallucinations. A person experiencing the high brought on by Ambien is often said to be "stoned, smashed, fried," or, most specifically, "lost."

"Ambien" is another trade name for Zolpidem

Why, please?

For whatever reason when I have tried the generic version it has never worked as good as the non-generic version. Even though

both are the same drug I have just had better results with the one that is stamped xanax.

Can't sleep on your flight to LOS? Stay home and suck your Mum's tits. :allright

No more of your old film clips please!
What does Google tell you about stillnox versus xanax?

Which would you prescribe as a Dr for insomnia?

Go back to your bedpans fatty!
For whatever reason when I have tried the generic version it has never worked as good as the non-generic version. Even though

both are the same drug I have just had better results with the one that is stamped xanax.

You might like to take a read of this:

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/alprazolam/alprazolam_faq.shtml

Xanax is itself a generic name.

Edited by Bazle
You might like to take a read of this:

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/alprazolam/alprazolam_faq.shtml

Xanax is itself a generic name.

Xanax is actually the trade name that Alprazolam is sold under and distibuted by Pfizer (who acquired Upjohn the company that actually

came up with the drug) here in the states. Thefore here in the states if you bought Xanax you are NOT buying the generic you are buying the trade marked drug.

Same goes with Prozac or countless other drugs that have had their patents expire. You could only buy Prozac under that name when the patent was active when the patenet expired you were able to buy the generic. To call the trade name of a drug a generic is misleading at least here in the states...Drugs are not normally called by their

chemical composition (no one would be able to pronounce the drugs name) hence the reason for the brand/trade name.....So basically here in the states we call the Trade named drug a non-generic drug and the non-trade named drug the generic....

I suggest you read more here about how brand and generic drugs work here in the states and most other countries.. :whistling:

Generic drugs

And as I stated in my previous post Xanax works for me not the generic named one. The 2 generic named brands I bought in Thailand are under the name

Xiemed and Anpress both of course contain 1.0 mg of Alprazolam the same as Xanax (again trade name not the generic name) which has 1 mg of Alprazolam. For whatever reason the genric versions did not work for me...................................

Edited by packhike
Xanax is actually the trade name that Alprazolam is sold under and distibuted by Pfizer (who acquired Upjohn the company that actually

came up with the drug) here in the states. Thefore here in the states if you bought Xanax you are NOT buying the generic you are buying the trade marked drug.

Same goes with Prozac or countless other drugs that have had their patents expire. You could only buy Prozac under that name when the patent was active when the patenet expired you were able to buy the generic. To call the trade name of a drug a generic is misleading at least here in the states...Drugs are not normally called by their

chemical composition (no one would be able to pronounce the drugs name) hence the reason for the brand/trade name.....So basically here in the states we call the Trade named drug a non-generic drug and the non-trade named drug the generic....

I suggest you read more here about how brand and generic drugs work here in the states and most other countries.. :grin-jump

Generic drugs

And as I stated in my previous post Xanax works for me not the generic named one. The 2 generic named brands I bought in Thailand are under the name

Xiemed and Anpress both of course contain 1.0 mg of Alprazolam the same as Xanax (again trade name not the generic name) which has 1 mg of Alprazolam. For whatever reason the genric versions did not work for me...................................

Where did you get Xanax from ? I can only find the generic pills

I get my sleeping pills for flying from our family doctor in Nakhon Phanom. He knows I fly quite a lot and has no problem prescribing them for me.

Not sure what is in them but they work great, gives me two pills one to get me to sleep and the other to keep me asleep. Last flight to Dubai I took them about twenty minutes before boarding. I remember getting to my seat sitting down and getting comfortable, next thing I'm being woken as we are landing in Dubai, great didn't even feel the plane taking off from Bangkok. Fantastic way to travel, sure beats staying awake.

Never a sore head or any other side effects with the tablets either.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

4 seats to myself to bkk from oman 7 hours - slept ok :-)

cramped seat to oman from bkk 8 hours - aweful not sleep

oman to heathrow 8 hours after - 5 hour connection wait - crammed aweful no sleep

thia air direct heathrow to bkk flight crammed - 12 hours - no sleep

thai air direct bkk to heathrow - 4 seats to myslef - 12 hours - slept like a baby

Where did you get Xanax from ? I can only find the generic pills

Always got mine from a pharmacy in BKK. It was close to Sukhumvit/Soi 22. Basically come out of soi 22 turn left onto

Sukhumvit (like your heading down to Soi 4) it would be the first pharmacy you came to. A bit past the 7-11 that is on the corner

of Soi22/Sukhumvit...

If you have trouble sleeping, use ear plugs http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/holemauffopl.html (these are very comfortable to use for long time) to lessen the noise and eye mask to keep out the light. Also use pillow and blanket to make you more comfortable.

Do not drink to much as it makes the jet lag worse. I usually try natural sleeping pill first, like Nytol, and if that does not work sleeping pills. The naturals one makes you relax and sometimes I go to sleep with them but not always. I bought Xanax last time in Los and they work fine for me. Ambien, which I have never tried, seems to have bad effect on some people. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-prod...ambien-not.html

Here is a good podcast for you

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/drsle...ts/public/en_gb

Edited by Taltos

I generally sleep OK on the flights over and back; OK, not great. I pop 2 Advil PM's with my dinner onboard, washed down with a glass or 2 of wine or maybe another scotch, then watch a movie until the pills kick in. One thing that probably helps me is that my outbound flight from either SFO or LAX (on China Airlines via Taipei) generally departs about 1:00 AM, so I'm ready for bed by that time anyway.