Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A German Tourist was robbed at gunpoint by two men men who were wearing Police Volunteer uniforms on Friday evening. The incident occurred in Soi 7 off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien. Mr. Michael Maslankowski aged 43 alerted Police who soon arrived and were told that he was driving his motorbike along the road when he was stopped by the two men who were both carrying guns. They were wearing uniforms consistent with those worn by Pattaya Police Volunteers. He was ordered to hand over cash and valuables and gave over 8,500 Euro’s which he was reportedly carrying in the seat compartment and he was about to take the cash to a money exchange booth. The money belonged to his Danish Friend who soon arrived to confirm the story. Back at Pattaya Police Station Mr. Maslankowski attempted to identify the two gunmen through Police Volunteer records held by them. No positive ID was made and the men were told the likelihood of the money being recovered was extremely slim.

Sorry but what the fuck was he thinking, carrying that amount of cash, somehow I think it is bullshit and a nice big Insurance claim will be going through the insurers :whistling:

The other possibility is that he was carrying that loot and bad guys found out and waylaid him. Either way, more to this than the first brief report.

Smells like he may have duped his friend. 8500 euros is a lot of money, some real bad luck to have it stolen right when you're on the way to change it. Don't know about the insurance part, what kind of insurance could possibly insure stolen cash?

How many chance robbers would look under the bike seat for cash? Would they not be just satisfied with what’s in your wallet and pocket? This gentleman is telling pokies and his friend needs to ask some searching questions.

I don't believe a word of the German Tourist's story. Something fishy going on but I don't believe that tale. :rolleyes:

Yup, that's a funny story. Wondering not IF, but WHAT the scam is. Maybe he will try and collect on travelers insurance :rolleyes:

Funny. Reminds me of the time I told my friend that my mom needed a kidney transplant and needed to borrow ten grand. He gave me the money and I spent a 2 months in LOS. My mom doesn't even have any kidneys. :thumbup :clueless

Sounds similar to a recent incident of a Thai lady who was involved in a road accident and the good Samaritan who came to her aid relieved her of 4 million baht she had in the glove box. :chogdee

Funny. Reminds me of the time I told my friend that my mom needed a kidney transplant and needed to borrow ten grand. He gave me the money and I spent a 2 months in LOS. My mom doesn't even have any kidneys. :chogdee :clap2

Is he still your friend?

Funny. Reminds me of the time I told my friend that my mom needed a kidney transplant and needed to borrow ten grand. He gave me the money and I spent a 2 months in LOS. My mom doesn't even have any kidneys. :chogdee :chogdee

YOU MUTHERFUCKER! I want my 10K back. :allright

:chogdee

YOU MUTHERFUCKER! I want my 10K back. :chogdee

:chogdee

Go to his place with an iron bar and demand your money. If he pays you, just give him a good smack in the mouth using your fist. If he refuses to pay, crack him over the head with the iron bar. No, I have not been watching too many movies. This is how you deal with arseholes (assholes) and MOTHERFUCKERS. :allright