Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Minibus trip from Pattaya to Hua Hin.

We went from Pattaya to Hua Hin with this company http://teakdoor.com/pattaya-forum/80451-pa...n-mini-bus.html and paid about 600 a man or 3.500 altogether. That was 1.000 cheaper than qoted elswere for a private bus wich we had to take as we are family of 6 with lot of luggae.

The trip took about 4 hours with toilet stops and even though the driver went up to 140, it never felt unsave. So I can recoomend them.

Take the yellow bus from the North road depot and the price would have been 180 baht each.

• Upvote 1

So you would take one 67 years old mom with bad knee and serious weight problem, one 5 year old and one 2 year old and at least 12 piceces of luggage on the bush to save about 400 pr. person? Not to forget getting from and to the hotels in Pattaya and Hua Hin?

NO. I would do it because the bus is bigger and more comfortable. Getting to Pattaya's bus station is easy. The bus in Hua Hin drops you off within walking distance of many nice hotels and guesthouses. You recommended one thing, I offered another option. I wasn't flaming you, or trying to make you wrong. For most of us mongers, the bus is a much better option. At least it was for me, and my lady.

• Upvote 1
We went from Pattaya to Hua Hin with this company http://teakdoor.com/pattaya-forum/80451-pa...n-mini-bus.html and paid about 600 a man or 3.500 altogether. That was 1.000 cheaper than qoted elswere for a private bus wich we had to take as we are family of 6 with lot of luggae.

The trip took about 4 hours with toilet stops and even though the driver went up to 140, it never felt unsave. So I can recoomend them.

I would prefer to stay below 120 in a minibus, that driver was going too fast.
NO. I would do it because the bus is bigger and more comfortable. Getting to Pattaya's bus station is easy. The bus in Hua Hin drops you off within walking distance of many nice hotels and guesthouses. You recommended one thing, I offered another option. I wasn't flaming you, or trying to make you wrong. For most of us mongers, the bus is a much better option. At least it was for me, and my lady.

Sorry lovedog100, you are right and that is what I would do on my own. The 5 of us might even do it but is out of the qustion with my mother along. Here we are talking about someone who define 100m as a long walk.

However the minibus was not small and I wanted to let those board members who are intrested in this opinion know about it. As I said before it was 1000tbt lower than others.

Jacko, at no time did it feel unsafe and with 2 children aboard we would have asked him to drive slower if that was a consern.

Jacko, at no time did it feel unsafe and with 2 children aboard we would have asked him to drive slower if that was a consern.
I know that in the UK a minibus is supposed to be limited to 62 mph (100 kph), in LOS I thought the speed limit was 120kph.

There was a nasty mini-bus accident of a group travelling between Cha-Am and Phuket in the last several days... and if you ever travel down 36 to Rayong you will be passed by one doing Cambodian Visa runs... unless you drive a Cessna. I have often been a passenger in one and although the driver seemed adept, I was uncomfortable with the speed. Sometimes your driver being competent isn't the only issue.....

• 1 year later...

Take the yellow bus from the North road depot and the price would have been 180 baht each.

Is the yellow bus an air con bus? so far the only buses I've taken have been blue ones to BKK.

Guest form22

Go to Tops supermarket on Pattaya Klang...outside the supermarket in the lay by is the pick up point, a guy sitting under the umbrella runs it all etc. The minibus leaves every hour on the hour to Hua Hin, via change at Bangkok, very simple, 350 Baht.

Don't use the direct service at 400 Baht, it stops at nearly every small town along the way!laugh.gif

• 2 months later...

The 393 bus services are late afternoon or early evening from Pattaya to Hua Hin which are a little late for me.

Are there minivans from Jomtien or Pattaya which go to Victory Monument where you can change services for a van to Hua Hin?

The 393 bus services are late afternoon or early evening from Pattaya to Hua Hin which are a little late for me.

Are there minivans from Jomtien or Pattaya which go to Victory Monument where you can change services for a van to Hua Hin?

Yes, there are many. Opposite Pattaya Park Hotel on Klang and from the Petronas Gas Station on Suk.

Cheers for that info jacko, is the Petronas gas station in Pattaya or Jomtien? I may want one from Jomtien to Victory.

If no can do then a BB to Klang will have to suffice.

Sorry lovedog100, you are right and that is what I would do on my own. The 5 of us might even do it but is out of the qustion with my mother along. Here we are talking about someone who define 100m as a long walk.

However the minibus was not small and I wanted to let those board members who are intrested in this opinion know about it. As I said before it was 1000tbt lower than others.

There are several reasons that I like the bus better. Cost, much more luggage space, in an accident there is a much better survivability, air con vents at each seat that are adjustable, seats are bigger, more comfortable, and recline, you don't feel the potholes in the road as much, so sleep is possible. The drop off point in Hua Hin, is next to a Taxi stand, and walking distance to many hotels and guest houses. The likelihood of being able to get 5 seats is better on a bus than an 11 person van. The yellow buses are newer and nicer than the blue buses to BKK. The bus leaves from the North Pattaya road bus station. I would buy the ticket the day before so that you know you have a seat, and exactly what time you are leaving, though it's not required.

Edit: There isn't a bus to Hua Hin, it's a bus to Koh Samui that makes a stop in Hua Hin. I believe the stop is listed at the ticket window, if not, it's the yellow bus to Koh Samui that you want.

Edited by lovedog100
  • Upvote 1

Cheers for that info jacko, is the Petronas gas station in Pattaya or Jomtien? I may want one from Jomtien to Victory.

If no can do then a BB to Klang will have to suffice.

Pattaya one. I think many buses come from Sattahip go on to Monument.

Here is a web site. The TGF uses another one, as she can phone up and they will pick her up near the house..... we live near Suk 10km North of town.

There is a minibus service, once an hour from Jomtein to Victory monument. It is on Jomtein Beach road at the corner of Soi 5 (or 4). The cost if I remember correctly is around 150 Baht.

There is a minibus service, once an hour from Jomtein to Victory monument. It is on Jomtein Beach road at the corner of Soi 5 (or 4). The cost if I remember correctly is around 150 Baht.

What does that have to do with Hua Hin?

• Upvote 1

Yes, there are many. Opposite Pattaya Park Hotel on Klang and from the Petronas Gas Station on Suk.

What does that have to do with Hua Hin?

I've included the relevant posts. Perhaps reading them might enlighten you.

I've included the relevant posts. Perhaps reading them might enlighten you.

That explains it. Thanks :lsmile

• Upvote 1