Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

1 Year Thai ED Visa No more Visa Runs

Its fairly simple I think- I am not here to argue. Anyone interested please contact me directly.

If you are not interested then please do not contact me.

Thanks

No, you didn't. You said, "You get 2 one hour lessons per week via skype or in our office for this price". Walen's website indicates that the minimum requirement for an ED Visa is 2 x 2 hour lessons per week (180 hours per year).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fairly simple I think- I am not here to argue. Anyone interested please contact me directly.

If you are not interested then please do not contact me.

Thanks

I don't think your inbox will be under too much pressure to be honest.

Lol ! Well spotted ! I spoke to the guy who owns Walen a few years ago when he was solely based in Bangkok. Nice enough guy as I remember to be fair.

Nowt wrong with Walen per se - their system might not suit everyone, but what system does?

Any BM looking for an ED Visa would be best advised to pop into their offices in Pattaya (next to Carrefour) and get the info from the horse's mouth, so to speak (and speak to people who are currently doing the course).

Edited by CheshireTom
Yes there are alot of schools out there offering this visa.

If you would care to get a discount and the same visa,

please let me know.

Thanks

LOL. And the next step is ... to enrol on the course please send me (Mr Anonymous) 25k baht and you will receive your visa paperwork in 5 weeks time.

Or, maybe not. :rolleyes:

Nowt wrong with Walen per se - their system might not suit everyone, but what system does?

Any BM looking for an ED Visa would be best advised to pop into their offices in Pattaya (next to Carrefour) and get the info from the horse's mouth, so to speak (and speak to people who are currently doing the course).

Good point, I was led to believe the schools offering the ED visa were merely that, a route to a visa but not particularly good language schools for the serious scholar. I really don't know if that is true I should stress.

Good point, I was led to believe the schools offering the ED visa were merely that, a route to a visa but not particularly good language schools for the serious scholar. I really don't know if that is true I should stress.

I think the rule of thumb is there are schools which market themselves as providing Thai language courses and the visa is secondary, and those which market themselves as providing the visa and the language training is secondary. I suppose it depends on your priorities which one you'd choose to go for.

No as soon as I have your name and phone number, ill have you visit the school your self I am not asking for anyone's money.

You can visit us then and check everything yourself before you decide either way. Contacting me is so that I am credited for the referral

and I can offer you the discount thats all.

I think the rule of thumb is there are schools which market themselves as providing Thai language courses and the visa is secondary, and those which market themselves as providing the visa and the language training is secondary. I suppose it depends on your priorities which one you'd choose to go for.

That's what I meant to imply but your prose is far more eloquent and respect for that. :chogdee

No as soon as I have your name and phone number, ill have you visit the school your self I am not asking for anyone's money.

You can visit us then and check everything yourself before you decide either way. Contacting me is so that I am credited for the referral

and I can offer you the discount thats all.

Will your school reimburse you for the shovel that is now surely only a spade and will be a mere trowel before long ?

Honeypot -

I do not think we do not have any thing to discuss.

So you DO have something to discuss? :chogdee
Hi there may or may not be a cursory test. It should be relatively basic in most cases.

Compared to other visas this has the lowest reserve / income requirements and documentation so

it is a good option for many. Only 2 hours per week is the required study.

4 hours a week are required by the Ministry of Education for the ED visa and they do test you at immigration in relation to how long you have been learning, so, they will start off basic but the longer you are on the ED visa the harder the questions become.. I am on an ED visa.

woooooooooooooo think you guys gave him a hard time ,he is only giving information and whilst trying to make money on commision.

If you are over 50 years and have required income ,just apply for extension due to retirement to your non o imm visa

cost me just over 4000 bhts ,see my thread what you need to do

woooooooooooooo think you guys gave him a hard time ,he is only giving information and whilst trying to make money on commision.

If you are over 50 years and have required income ,just apply for extension due to retirement to your non o imm visa

cost me just over 4000 bhts ,see my thread what you need to do

For those under 50, the one year ED visa is the easiest to get. However, if you want a second year, be very selective on which school you chose. Immigration has started to ask questions in Thai, and expect answers in Thai for those with an ED visa. While Walen was mentioned, I have several friends that are genuinely interested in learning Thai, they started school there, only to quit, and go to another school. They found it to be nothing more than a visa mill. I would be suspicious of the OP as well, he is touting a visa, not learning Thai. Another visa mill as I see it. They are OK as long as you only want to stay in Thailand a year or less. Not so good if you want to stay longer.

Yes those people where giving me a hard time. I never wanted ro do anything more than offer the service and information.

Someone started attacking me for no particular reason other than they like to put other people down.

Its not a visa mill but taking the course qualifies you for a 1 year ED visa.

It is fine for multiple years if you actually study Thai, you will not have any problem passing the Thai tests.

Also you can study Russian and Japanese instead so there won't be a Thai test.

Yes those people where giving me a hard time. I never wanted ro do anything more than offer the service and information.

Someone started attacking me for no particular reason other than they like to put other people down.

Its not a visa mill but taking the course qualifies you for a 1 year ED visa.

It is fine for multiple years if you actually study Thai, you will not have any problem passing the Thai tests.

Also you can study Russian and Japanese instead so there won't be a Thai test.

Yes, you did get a hard time on this topic. My reply was not mean spirited though. Rather informative. Your school may not be a visa mill, however, you did advertise it as one. As you have found out, when you put an ad in print, it should be concise and spelled correctly. There is no need to fire back at everyone that has a go at you. You are made to look combative, not a good choice for a salesman.

You were asked a simple enough question, i.e. "What's the name of your school?" You declined to respond - your choice. By pointing out to the other BMs that your OP was lifted straight from the Walen website and that they could easily visit the school in Pattaya before deciding for themselves whether or not they want to involve a middleman isn't an attack on anyone, nor is it an attempt to put anyone down. It is simply providing the information that you chose not to. Any BM considering going down the ED visa route then has the opportunity to compare the best prices he can get direct from the school or elsewhere. It's no different to highlighting that a hotel may offer better rates if you book direct rather than going through Agoda et al.

As an aside, and as another BM pointed out, you need to be enrolled on a full-time course, i.e. a minimum of 4 hours per week, to qualify for an ED visa (and confirmed by the screenshots from Walen's website) rather than the 2 that you suggested in your second post in this thread.

Edited by CheshireTom

There is nothing combative about sticking up for yourself. Someone attacked me for no reason

so I have the right to respond in a civil manner which is what i have done. I did not start anything

negative with anyone, they started it with me. Its so sad some people are so pathetic they have nothing else better to do

with themselves then try to correct grammar on a forum. Very sad for him indeed. I hope he can get a life someday.

I doubt it based on the ignorance he spewed at me for no good reason other I than write in a spoken manner,

not in formal Queens English. Even if I noticed a typo later there is no edit function here but that is not good enough for

some anal retentive grammar freaks out there. American and British English are different completely and people

need to respect that. In American English it is perfectly acceptable to say "You are the one who blah blah blah"

I am not concerned about anyone's opinion who is not actually interested in the Visa. If me sticking up for myself and not taking crap from

someone means they will not buy a visa though me then so be it. I am not dependent on that source of income although I do very well with it.

I thought people would be appreciative of a discount and some extra help and service with an ED visa that I can offer, but it seems I was wrong.

Sure anyone can go into any school offering the ED visa and pay more if they want instead of getting a discount no problem.

The regulations are changing all the time and that is why I asked anyone who is interested to contact me for the most recent

updates and requirements for this.

Edited by offshoreibc
There is nothing combative about sticking up for yourself. Someone attacked me for no reason

so I have the right to respond in a civil manner which is what i have done. I did not start anything

negative with anyone, they started it with me. Its so sad some people are so pathetic they have nothing else better to do

with themselves then try to correct grammar on a forum. Very sad for him indeed. I hope he can get a life someday.

I doubt it based on the ignorance he spewed at me for no good reason other than write in a spoken manner,

not in formal Queens English. Even if I noticed a typo later there is no edit function here but that is not good enough for

some anal retentive grammar freaks out there.

You could always try using the Edit function at the bottom right of your posts. :unsure:

I am not concerned about yours or anyone's opinion who is not actually interested in the Visa.

Concerned, or not. You're going to get it. :whistling:

Sure anyone can go into any school offering the ED visa and pay more if they want instead of getting a discount no problem.

On the other hand, they may be able to negotiate a better discount directly with the school.

The regulations are changing all the time and that is why I asked anyone who is interested to contact me for the most recent

updates and requirements for this.

The current requirements are summarised on the school's own website. You'll note the 4 hour requirement, rather than the 2 hours you claim.

This ED visa is more oriented towards giving people a general overview of a language thus the 2 hour a week study requirement.

Walen - Student Visa

Edited by CheshireTom

I didn't say someone couldn't give an opinion obviously I cannot prevent that, I said I am not concerned about them.

As far as discounts sure let them try no sweat off my back as they where not going to buy through me anyhow.

BTW you keep dragging another schools name into it which has nothing to do with the school I recommend so

you are going off on a tangent.

The other day the edit button was not appearing after I posted it seems to be a malfunction with the board.

BTW you keep dragging another schools name into it which has nothing to do with the school I recommend so

you are going off on a tangent.

I was trying to be kind by not suggesting that you might have plagiarised Walen's online content.

Edited by CheshireTom

Ignore the idiots. Your just fueling their next rant.

I personally don't expect the SALESMEN i do business with to be highly educated or use correct punktuation :whistling:

Now if the owner of the school were to make the post... maybe. A salesman? No. Sure it would have been better maybe, but who gives a shit really? Its not like anyone is going to sign up from this forum actually intending to LEARN thai... they just want the visa.

Thanks frost fire finally someone who can think clearly. I do not get some peoples

need to put others down to make them selves feel better. Its sad for them really

to be so ignorant and negative. They have my sympathy.

However, who says a typo in a reply makes me uneducated?

I can assure you I am very well spoken, and quite intelligent in fact.

Yes of course all people want is the visa I do not get why people would think

it was anything different.

I couldn't agree more "Who gives a shit" is part of my personal philosophy. The problem with most small minded people

is the they major in minor things. Like making a big stink about things that really do not matter, and try to attack and

antagonize others. Its just plain ignorance and shows their lack of evolution as human beings. Those who have no compassion

and kindness towards others will receive the same in return from the world. Which is why they are so bitter and negative.

In his book As a Man Thinketh James Allen said :

"As a man thinkith so he shall be." Also he said "A man can imprison himself or free him self merely with his own mind alone."

I feel bad for those imprisoned by there own ignorance. To bad a lot of them seem to like to hang around forums and cyber bully

for kicks.

So there you are kiddies your homework for the day read As a Man Thinketh. Take that from an uneducated Salesman like me

and free your mind and face yourself truly if you have the guts.

Ignore the idiots. Your just fueling their next rant.

I personally don't expect the SALESMEN i do business with to be highly educated or use correct punktuation :whistling:

Now if the owner of the school were to make the post... maybe. A salesman? No. Sure it would have been better maybe, but who gives a shit really? Its not like anyone is going to sign up from this forum actually intending to LEARN thai... they just want the visa.

Edited by offshoreibc