Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 335 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Looking for cheap used car

something very cheap that i can just junk it when i leave if i cant sell it. Whats the going rates for used cars ?

Not going to happen, used cars are hugely expensive compared to the prices in the West. Cars hold their value much longer in Thailand, you are going to have to pay serious cash for any thing that will drive for a year, and you wont want to junk it at the end of that time.

Not going to happen, used cars are hugely expensive compared to the prices in the West. Cars hold their value much longer in Thailand

Beat me to it. Absolutely right.

Beat me to it. Absolutely right.

And one being offered very cheap and quick sale......... might not be kosher :clueless

There is a mid 90's nissan sedan for sale on the Pattaya ByPass for 35,000b, if you head down Sukhumvit road go past the chicken farm and turn right at the next set of lights, head down there until the next set of lights and turn right (over the rail tracks) and its up on the left approx 800m.

Ive no idea of condition or whether it has a book but at 35k who cares about the book drive it for 12 months than flog it to someone else.

Edited by Fondles
There is a mid 90's nissan sedan for sale on the Pattaya ByPass for 35,000b, if you head down Sukhumvit road go past the chicken farm and turn right at the next set of lights, head down there until the next set of lights and turn right (over the rail tracks) and its up on the left approx 800m.

Ive no idea of condition or whether it has a book but at 35k who cares about the book drive it for 12 months than flog it to someone else.

Jerome, do you cal £700 cheap for a pile of shite?

Jerome, do you cal £700 cheap for a pile of shite?

Compare apples to apples and not to oranges mate, back home the car would not fetch anymore than $200.00, but here it will sell for Bt.35,000.

My first car here was a 1998 Mitsu lancer I paid nearly double here as to its market value back home, I sold easily for the same money I purchased it for 12 months later.

Compare apples to apples and not to oranges mate, back home the car would not fetch anymore than $200.00, but here it will sell for Bt.35,000.

My first car here was a 1998 Mitsu lancer I paid nearly double here as to its market value back home, I sold easily for the same money I purchased it for 12 months later.

Fair enough. If buying and selling cars was that easy, surely every Somchai and his mate would be at it? Maybe you just lucked out?

Fair enough. If buying and selling cars was that easy, surely every Somchai and his mate would be at it? Maybe you just lucked out?

Nah I bought it off a work colleague, every other mitsu lancer for sale at that time were 50,000 dearer, I got a good deal on the purchase.

I purchase my current daily for Bt.380,000 12 months, I could easily sell it for pretty much the same money today if I wanted to.

Edited by Fondles
Nah I bought it off a work colleague, every other mitsu lancer for sale at that time were 50,000 dearer, I got a good deal on the purchase.

I purchase my current daily for Bt.380,000 12 months, I could easily sell it for pretty much the same money today if I wanted to.

Well that proves the point to the OP that looking for a cheap car in LOS aint going to be easy.

Hope you are keeping well BTW?

hollywood, dont forget to get some insurance to cover you against damage to other people/property. As a foreigner you are a prime target for a shakedown in the case of an accident. A payout could cost you big money.

Well that proves the point to the OP that looking for a cheap car in LOS aint going to be easy.

Yeah realistically anything under say 150,000 is gunna a complete pile of shit with a dodgy book (if it has one at all).

Hope you are keeping well BTW?

Yep doing fantastic, life could not be better.

You ?

hollywood, dont forget to get some insurance to cover you against damage to other people/property. As a foreigner you are a prime target for a shakedown in the case of an accident. A payout could cost you big money.

The man has a very good point here! Might be better to get a taxi and let somebody else have the stress of driving.

I had a car in Angeles City i paid 137,000p around 3000$ I had it for 6 yrs gave it away for 15,000p $350. Always will have insurance as i used to being a target. 30-40 k ok if it last for a Yr.

30-40 k ok if it last for a Yr.

Thats the rub though, a 30-40k Baht vehicle is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel, yes they are around as I have highlighted one earlier.

Chance of it lasting a year.......... purely a lucky dip.

We are going to England for 4 months and I have been showing my wife car prices she can't believe what you can pick up for between £500-£1000 in England.

Our 8 yr old Ford Ranger was a little over 200,000 when we bought it a year ago. I will drive it until it dies, the prices of used cars here are totally ridiculous.

far too expensive i bought a bike cbr 150 been all over thai on it no problems at all was gonna sell it but now decided to keep it the other option of a car was far too costly :allright

Honda_CBR150_R_31.jpg

The prices of used cars here are totally ridiculous.

Indeed, on the upside though you can sell them a few years later for practically the same money you purchased it for.

Case in point, A mate purchased a 4yr old Toyota Vios 2 yrs ago for Bt.300,000, he sold it last week for Bt.287,000.................................