Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 249 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Premiership 2011-12

Winners?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Arshavin should have been sent off twice!

Although Arsenal had players missing, so did Man U with 6 players out. Wenger hasn't built a competitive squad. And has now signed old Arteta and a 6' 6" centre back that they have needed for years. So much for him being a guy who brings through youth! It was always mainly a myth.

Chelsea have been lucky,imho.Very unimpressive.

Apparently joey barton nearly went to Arsenal too,but would have agreed on that,he takes no prisoners

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whats all the hype about?.   If you want to see real football teams play then check out great teams like Bayern Munich or Barcelona

Blackburn can. I thought it was hilarious, coming a few minutes after Sir Alex said he just wants to hang around another three years.   .

Hi,   I think the whole culture of football in England changed with the dawn of the Premiership/Sky era. Money and agents became the dominant forces. Other teams can win sometimes but how many times

Posted Images

Hi,

A good weekend for the top teams as all win, with the exception of Man Utd, who get a good point at Stoke. I dont think many teams will get any more at an improving Stoke City. Bolton are under presssure after losing at Arsenal. Man City struggle to beat Everton who are hard to break down when they are set up in a defensive manner. Chelsea seems the cockneys best hope although Tottenham have a good win as well.

After that performance from the Man u Goalkeeper,he is going to have a much improved confidence boost.Happy with a point,Stoke played very well and WE have players out to.

After that performance from the Man u Goalkeeper,he is going to have a much improved confidence boost.

Hi,

He made a few great saves alright. Another Scottish manager seems to be doing the job for Norwich City as they beat Sunderland. Not sure Bruce buying Fergie's cast-offs is working.

Hi,

He made a few great saves alright. Another Scottish manager seems to be doing the job for Norwich City as they beat Sunderland. Not sure Bruce buying Fergie's cast-offs is working.

HI,

The problem Bruce has,is that he gave both ex man u players a 4 years contract,which is crazy based on their age.Overall it looked like he had made some good signings but not so sure now,and losing Gyan was a big body blow,he doesnt seem to be able to keep forwards happy.

U are right,Norwich are doing ok for the first season,good work ethic and neat passing will see them safe i feel.

Hi,

A good weekend for punters of the Premiership as all the favs win. Man City are showing good form. Let's hope they keep it up. Man Utd could have been in difficulty if Norwich had a finisher. Chelsea look the only team capable of giving the Manchester teams a run for it this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Manchester City go top with good performance against Villa. United are lucky to get a point against Liverpool. I was impressed with Suarez for Liverpool. Looks just as good as he did at World Cup which is not always the case. Newcastle maintain unbeaten run. Chelsea gain a few point and seem to be the danger to all.

What a setting for the Manchester derby on Sunday. Should be a cracker. I just hope it lives up to the expectations because some of these high profile games can very often be disappointing. Some of the more recent Manchester derby games have been fantastic though so let's just hope this one is too. My prediction: United 3 citeh 2 :thumbup

What a setting for the Manchester derby on Sunday. Should be a cracker. I just hope it lives up to the expectations because some of these high profile games can very often be disappointing. Some of the more recent Manchester derby games have been fantastic though so let's just hope this one is too. My prediction: United 3 citeh 2 :thumbup

Is that prediction from form, or the total cost of the team ? :rolleyes:

Is that prediction from form, or the total cost of the team ? :rolleyes:

Prediction based on the fact United normally win when it matters. :thumbup

Hi,

Majestic Manchester City beat United 6-1 at Old Trafford.

Man Utd were exposed today as having no money, a starting line up including Evans, Welbeck, Fletcher and Anderson shows how far they are behind City.

Rooney would make the City team maybe the goalkeeper and Vidic if fit , totaly outplayed by a very expensive team if you buy the best you have the best.

Arsenal cant retain players starting with Ashly Cole trebling his wages to go to Chelsea, you cant blame the players but the team that buys the best players en masse will win the EPL.

Look at Citys bench, scary Man Uth cant compete simple as that same as Arsenal cant compete with Man utd.. best wages = best players = best team ...

Arsenal have been forced to sell Adebayor, Kollo Toure, Cole, Clichy, Nasri.. but the funniest thing about it all is Adebayor is on load to Spurs so City have made them stronger when they play their opposition but weaker when they play City as he cant play :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

Its all very funny really, City will walk the EPL , Europe will prove harder but given time they will the best equipped, Evans is not good enough at that level... same as Jenkinson at Arsenal , City are streets ahead in quality...

Its a bit daft as the richest owner who is happy to spend his money wins .. :clap1

FAF,,,, :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 But more than a bit Mickey MOuse

. but the funniest thing about it all is Adebayor is on load to Spurs so City have made them stronger when they play their opposition but weaker when they play City as he cant play :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

Hi,

I think that is a weakness in the system. Maybe loans should only be possible to clubs outside the Premiership or abroad ?

That was hard to take. :yikes:

Man City struggle to beat Wolves. Man Utd get 3 good points at Everton. Arsenal surprise Chelsea and Spurs prove too good for QPR. Wigan need a few wins to get up the table. Blackburn are unlucky to concede a dodgy penalty in extra time. They haven't looked a relegation team to me but their fans seem to dislike their new owners and manager. Liverpool have a good away win but look just short as far as winning the Prem this year. Newcastle stay in the hunt but I'm not sure they will be able to stay in the top 4 till the end.

Hi,

Brilliant weekend for Manchester as City and United hammer their North London opponents. It looks like only Chelsea and Liverpool have any chance against them. Can King Kenny or AVB stop the Manchester teams ?

You keep banging on about Chelsea.

Spurs and Chelsea both on 19 points with Spurs having a game in hand.

I'm sure you've taken harder :banana

Man U fans have gone very quiet :cry1

Looks like City will dominate the season.

United will still be up there at the end of the season. :thumbup A long way to go but I must admit with the squad that city have I think it's inevitable they will win the league. :yikes: Money ruined football a long time ago and as Parkwahn said, it's all about who has the most money now. The big question though is whether they can sustain it once they have won a few trophies. Same scenario at chelski with all the money they had but they can't seem to sustain success. United have dominated English football for nearly twenty years now but I doubt city will ever do that. I suppose it's not all about money, it's also about desire, hunger, buying the right players and bringing your own talent through the ranks.......

Edited by Siam Sam

Hi,

A good weekend for the big teams as Arsenal and Man City impress. Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs win but fail to impress. Liverpool are held at home to save the bookies in many cases. Bolton win at home at last. Wigan seem well under par this year and will go down unless Martinez manages to get them up and running soon. Stoke are struggling to manage the Prem/Euro campaign. Plenty of goals so far this year.

A long way to go but I must admit with the squad that city have I think it's inevitable they will win the league. :yikes:

Forget the points, just look at Man City's goal difference compared to their nearest rival.

Hi,

A good weekend for the big teams as Arsenal and Man City impress. Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs win but fail to impress. Liverpool are held at home to save the bookies in many cases. Bolton win at home at last. Wigan seem well under par this year and will go down unless Martinez manages to get them up and running soon. Stoke are struggling to manage the Prem/Euro campaign. Plenty of goals so far this year.

Are Newcastle not worthy of a mention :clueless

Forget the points, just look at Man City's goal difference compared to their nearest rival.

Don't write United off just yet, it would be foolish to do so. :thumbup

A resounding NO.

Hi,

Lets see how they get through their next 3 games in the Premiership. Playing well so far but they usually come up short when the chips are down if past results are anything to go by.

Guest martinkelly

Hi,

Lets see how they get through their next 3 games in the Premiership. Playing well so far but they usually come up short when the chips are down if past results are anything to go by.

"past results" put them 3rd in europe (if a europe league was to exist)at this date,just behind citeh & barca.What past results would you be refering to?

"past results" put them 3rd in europe (if a europe league was to exist)at this date,just behind citeh & barca.What past results would you be refering to?

:wtf

When did that happen then? When have Newcastle ever been third in Europe?