Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premiership 2011-12

Winners?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whats all the hype about?.   If you want to see real football teams play then check out great teams like Bayern Munich or Barcelona

Blackburn can. I thought it was hilarious, coming a few minutes after Sir Alex said he just wants to hang around another three years.   .

Hi,   I think the whole culture of football in England changed with the dawn of the Premiership/Sky era. Money and agents became the dominant forces. Other teams can win sometimes but how many times

Posted Images

Off topic but who do you guys think will win the Manchester Derby at the weekend?

Hi,

It depends how seriously they both take the game. City's main focus is the Premiership. United are out of Champions League so I think they will try hard to win the game. The odds on either aren't good enough for me but if I found £50 on the street I would put it on City. I think Fergie has been wrong to give Rooney a hard time. He should remember who has carried the team for the last few years.

Off topic but who do you guys think will win the Manchester Derby at the weekend?

Well for United to lose three on the bounce is unthinkable so I'm going to have to go with them. I reckon they'll go all out to win this as they have not only lost two on the trot but citeh knocked them out of this competition last year too at the semi final stage. I would love to see United win the FA Cup again as they are the most successful FA Cup team and they haven't won it since 2004 which is far too long. For a long time when I was a kid this was the only thing they could realistically win and I have some great memories of going to Wembley from my youth.

Well for United to lose three on the bounce is unthinkable so I'm going to have to go with them.

Hi,

I hope it's a cracking game. Both teams like to play good football but the pressure will be intense.

0-1 Rooney 9 mins :thumbup

Kompany sent off 11 mins :thumbup

0-2 Wellbeck 29 mins :thumbup

39 minutes, Shrek scores from the penalty spot, 2nd attempt

Edited by bigmick

0-3 Rooney 38 mins

I'm loving this!!!!! We want four!!!!!!!

0-3 Rooney 38 mins

I'm loving this!!!!! We want four!!!!!!!

It'd be even better if it had to do with the topic title.

It'd be even better if it had to do with the topic title.

I never started it. Are you accusing me of thread fucking? :D

I shall refrain from posting now.

Well United just about hung in there...

Scholes gave one away seconds after coming on.

Hi,

Spurs are now 3 points + goal difference behind Man City and only GD behind Man Utd. It would make Harry's career if he could pull it off.

Hi,

Spurs are now 3 points + goal difference behind Man City and only GD behind Man Utd. It would make Harry's career if he could pull it off.

Yes it's great to see that there are more than just two teams that can win it these days and I would really like to see them win it if United can't. :thumbup

United 3 Bolton 0 business as usual at Old Trafford and a goal for veteran Paul Scholes who shows he still has what it takes at the age of 37 years and 59 days, which makes him the oldest ever Englishman to score a league goal for United. Maybe Rooney needs to stop taking the penalties after failing to convert from the spot again. Spurs drop two valuable points and Chelsea very nearly slip up against an inform Sunderland side with an onslaught from their visitors in the last part of the match very nearly bringing them an equaliser, they wasted a couple of clear chances. Isn't it time Torres went back to Spain with his tail between his legs? Liverpool fail to win at home again, their poor form at home is probably going to cost them a Champions League place this year. Arsenal travel to Swansea today needing a win to keep a top four finish in site and City travel to Wigan tomorrow looking for a win to take them back to three points in front at the top of the table.

City travel to Wigan tomorrow looking for a win to take them back to three points in front at the top of the table.

Hi,

I was impressed with Blackburn win with 10 men. Swansea played good football to beat Arsenal yesterday. They may have had a touch of luck with the penalty but I liked the way they played. Wigan played well against Chelsea and if they can reproduce that form they might run Man City close. Paul Lambert has done a great job at Norwich and I wouldn't mind him coming to Arsenal when Arsene decides to call it a day.

Hi,

I was impressed with Blackburn win with 10 men. Swansea played good football to beat Arsenal yesterday. They may have had a touch of luck with the penalty but I liked the way they played. Wigan played well against Chelsea and if they can reproduce that form they might run Man City close. Paul Lambert has done a great job at Norwich and I wouldn't mind him coming to Arsenal when Arsene decides to call it a day.

Although I think Arsene Wenger is a class manager, they will not have won a trophy for seven seasons if they finish empty handed this year and I think the board will run out of patience with him in the end. That's a long time for a "big" club to go without silverware.

Edited by Siam Sam

Although I think Arsene Wenger is a class manager, they will not have won a trophy for seven seasons if they finish empty handed this year and I think the board will run out of patience with him in the end. That's a long time for a "big" club to go without silverware.

Hi,

Fans tell me the problem is the split ownership, American/Russian. Neither wants to invest in players when the other will benefit as well. I'm a big Wenger fan as I remember the 1-0 boring days. Never thought I would see Arsenal play such attractive football.

Hi,

A good weekend for Manchester as they do the double double on North London. Both games were close and could have swung either way. It now looks like a 2 horse race. Blackburn continue their good run with a point at Everton. Bolton surprise Liverpool who seem to have their eyes on their games against City and United. Sunderland have improved with a change of manager. O'Neill seems to have whatever it takes to manage footballers. Fulham hammer Newcastle in the 2nd half and QPR beat Wigan who will need all their skills to survive this time round. West Brom get a rare win at Stoke and Villa beat Wolves. Wolves have a fight for survival again this year.

Balotelli should have been sent off for stomping on Parker's head. We were robbed. That was a crucial game for Spurs.

Very true, its hard not to see the teams with the most money get the big decisions.

Spurs have been a credit to football this year, played some terrific stuff even as a Gooner I hold my hat off to them, they are still a proper club unlike Chelski and Man Cuwait ...