Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For those who follow Australian League Football, where is the best bar to watch the game,specifically this Friday nights game between Hawthorn and Collingwood??

Cheers

The games will be on everywhere, it will also be on the Australian pacific chanel which you will get on the TV so you can watch it in your room.

Keep in mind that the game will start at 4.30pm Thai time.

Plenty of aussie bars like Roo bar in walking street and Billabong Soi Lk will have crowds of people

I normally watch the footy at Cherry bar soi 8 , however due to the time the games on the bar is virtually empty

Gents I will be flying out this Sunday so thankfully I can watch the Mighty Eagles beat the Cats at home, but grand final weekend I will be in Hua Hin.

Anyone know a good bar down there to watch the GF please? First time in Hua Hin so I don't know the place but I am staying at the Sirin Hotel.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

The games will be on everywhere, it will also be on the Australian pacific chanel which you will get on the TV so you can watch it in your room.

Keep in mind that the game will start at 4.30pm Thai time.

Plenty of aussie bars like Roo bar in walking street and Billabong Soi Lk will have crowds of people

I normally watch the footy at Cherry bar soi 8 , however due to the time the games on the bar is virtually empty

Which provider carries the Australian pacific chanel? True? Sophon? Astro? clueless.gif

Its known as the Australia News channel. I watch it here in pattaya on Sophon cable. You will know it when you find it as they have an AUSTRALIA NEWS logo in gold on the top of the screen.

Edited by biggles

Its known as the Australia News channel. I watch it here in pattaya on Sophon cable. You will know it when you find it as they have an AUSTRALIA NEWS logo in gold on the top of the screen.

Thanks, Biggles. I don't get Sophon down my way - I'll have a look at our cable provider though (they're in the process of a major upgrade, so it may be a month or two until their full channel list is complete).

• 4 weeks later...

Gents I will be flying out this Sunday so thankfully I can watch the Mighty Eagles beat the Cats at home, but grand final weekend I will be in Hua Hin.

Anyone know a good bar down there to watch the GF please? First time in Hua Hin so I don't know the place but I am staying at the Sirin Hotel.

bloody game.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

I just returned from Oz last Tuesday with my Thai missus. Watching the Cats win their third premiership in the the last five years was impressive. The missus loves footie more than I do despite me having played the bloody game at a much lower level than AFL. By the way, I have always been a lifelong supporter of Collingwood, but the consistent Cats just made fools of us in the last quarter. :banghead

• 9 years later...

For Oz expats - may be of interest.   Long slept thread, but have recently found an ad free site for AFL replays (August 2021).

Will paste a recent game that I watched.  Blurb is that it is still in Beta mode but I have found it here in Adelaide to be almost perfect for a replay.  Maybe you will need a VPN in Pattaya, who knows?

You are able to select the round, then game, then by each quarter...

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/highlights/568753/2021-afl-match-replays?episode=1#round-19

(Open link in new private window worked here in Win10 using firefox)

Not trying to undermine Pattaya sports bars who show live but they are not open now and it seems fook knows when they will be able to open once again.  Pray soon...

Enjoy...