Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

wasted a very valuable 2 hours on my last day watching a load of total garbage mascarading as a Thai movie, i promised the girl we would take in a TM because normally we only see farang films, big mistake the title translated meant friday killer..AVOID at all costs..i have now set down a golden rule that we will never go to see a TM again, this must be the 4th or 5th TM we have seen in the last 3 years and i have yet to see a good one.

Edited by pattaya_mad

I get fed up with American movies - most are truly dreadful IMHO these days; far too much computer graphics. Therefore, I don't object to seeing a Thai movie occasionally. I have yet to see a really good one but most are passable, some even almost good.

wasted a very valuable 2 hours on my last day watching a load of total garbage mascarading as a Thai movie, i promised the girl we would take in a TM because normally we only see farang films, big mistake the title translated meant friday killer..AVOID at all costs..i have now set down a golden rule that we will never go to see a TM again, this must be the 4th or 5th TM we have seen in the last 3 years and i have yet to see a good one.

Go watch some starring Tony Jaa, even if the storyline is crap the fight scenes are impressive, Ong Bak for example.

Dode

I'd recommend broadening the sample size.

Most weeks I see two movies, one English language and one Thai. I have seen some nice Thai movies and some crappy ones from the USA and visa versa. I try to avoid the Thai ghost or horror movies as they utilize the same tactics (white faced ghosts wearing white nightgowns and a few other cliches), just like I avoid the H. Potter or Vampire series that scare me into taking a good nap with the time. IMHO.

It's so inexpensive here to see a movie at 120 baht x 2 plus large popcorn at 85 baht, that it's cheap entertainment or a good nap :) I use to go on the bargain Wednesdays (was 80 baht, but now 100), but found the larger crowds made it less fun (and harder to fall asleep :).

Anyway, give it chance and lower expectations of all movies these days. I have the classics on DVD, but two afternoons or early evenings away from other Pattaya entertainment options is a good routine for me.

Enjoy and sabai.

P.S. Whenever my ex- and I would see a movie together, she would sit across the theater in case I fell asleep :)

Edited by losgrad
  • Upvote 1

Go watch some starring Tony Jaa, even if the storyline is crap the fight scenes are impressive, Ong Bak for example.

Dode

Bangkok Kung-Fu was good and quite funny, sort of a Shaolin King-Fu and soap opera combo in one.

Here's why I have gone to Thai movies. First it is cheap. Second if you're not cheap you get the big love seat for THB$500 at the back (your TG should have a card that offers points and 100 Baht off the 600 Baht price). Third you get a blanket and can snuggle and if it is truly shitty then you can have a nap for two hours. Finally like Bangkok King-Fu they are not as bad as say, Final Destination 5 or Zookeeper.

And you come across as a generous guy for $16.