Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How to sepup keyboard instead of mouse

My infa red has died on my cordless mouse.. My back up mouse has a round plug and my new up to date computer has 8 usb ports no round one. I live in middle of no where so can't just get a new mouse or adapt plug. So in the intern I would like to use the arrows on my key board is this possible and how?

I am using my net book at the moment but like to access some files on my computer.

My infa red has died on my cordless mouse.. My back up mouse has a round plug and my new up to date computer has 8 usb ports no round one. I live in middle of no where so can't just get a new mouse or adapt plug. So in the intern I would like to use the arrows on my key board is this possible and how?

I am using my net book at the moment but like to access some files on my computer.

Open your control panel, and select "accessability options", and click the "mouse" tab. Click the checkbox that says "use mouse keys"

• Upvote 1

How do I open the control box without a mouse

Now I am reminded why i hesitate to help people with computer issues.

Really? You can't figure that little bit out for yourself? Did you try? Did you do a single thing other than post a message here?

Which, I might note, you managed to do without a mouse.....

• Downvote 2

How do I open the control box without a mouse

Lol, Sue.

Check out this page for complete information about keyboard combinations to run Windows.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

But for now, hit the WINDOWS LOGO key to bring up the menu or whatever that thing is called.

Use your up/down/right/left mouse keys to select CONTROL PANEL.

In CONTROL PANEL, navigate to "accessibility options" and do what alias said.

Really? You can't figure that little bit out for yourself? Did you try? Did you do a single thing other than post a message here?

Ah, that's the alias we enjoy reading :P

And, aussiechic being a woman, it's probably all our fault too!

Sorry, Sue :chogdee2

Lol, Sue.

Check out this page for complete information about keyboard combinations to run Windows.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

But for now, hit the WINDOWS LOGO key to bring up the menu or whatever that thing is called.

Just in case, your "window" key is this one :)

windows_key.jpg

Edited by bastax33

"I am using my net book at the moment but like to access some files on my computer.

and some people can't read

and I posted a message here because there are people on that are very cluey about computers but then there are some who ain't good with people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol, Sue.

Thanks MM using windows 7 does not say "accessibility options" I have try some other things like trying to set up the number pad as mouse but have to click apply for this activate. Other things I have tried say right click.

But I am able to access the file I wanted thankyou.

Edited by aussiechic

Thanks MM using windows 7 does not say "accessibility options" I have try some other things like trying to set up the number pad as mouse but have to click apply for this activate. Other things I have tried say right click.

But I am able to access the file I wanted thankyou.

Well, that's good then.

"I am using my net book at the moment but like to access some files on my computer.

and some people can't read

and I posted a message here because there are people on that are very cluey about computers but then there are some who ain't good with people.

So, to summarize.... your question was promtly answered. But.... that wasn't good enough. I'm hardly surprised.

I could have travelled to your home (at my own expense) and done it all for you and, upon discovering that my doing so had disabled the buzzing-bee cursor you downloaded from "SpyWarez R Us", you would promptly declare I had broken your computer.

I never learn.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You could enable file sharing on the broken PC and access your files from your Netbook.

Great, you try to explain that to her when "her mouse is fucked". :allright

So, to summarize.... your question was promtly answered. But.... that wasn't good enough. I'm hardly surprised.

I could have travelled to your home (at my own expense) and done it all for you and, upon discovering that my doing so had disabled the buzzing-bee cursor you downloaded from "SpyWarez R Us", you would promptly declare I had broken your computer.

I never learn.

As smart as you think you are even if I gave you my address you wouldn't be able to find it not on a gps or google earth

No thanks.

She can research it using her Netbook.

It's very easy to set up.

Thanks guys I had done a few things before posting on here as I had already networked my net book to my computer I was hoping to access this, a lot things require you to click apply or accept and just hitting enter on the keyboard just doesn't work

Thanks guys I had done a few things before posting on here as I had already networked my net book to my computer I was hoping to access this, a lot things require you to click apply or accept and just hitting enter on the keyboard just doesn't work

I think the TAB and SPACE keys might be helpful if you learn to use them.

Win7: Use Windows-key to open Start Menu.

Start menu: Use keyboard cursor keys to navigate to Control Panel (hit Enter key to select)

Control Panel: Use keyboard cursor keys (again) to select 'Personalization' (hit Enter)

Personalization page: Use TAB key to switch between the different areas of the page and get the focus in the lefthand navigation bar (i.e., watch carefully until something in that bar is selected)

" Use the keyboard cursor keys to select 'Ease of Access Center' (Enter)

EOA Center Use keyboard cursor & Enter keys to select appropriate options & settings

As smart as you think you are even if I gave you my address you wouldn't be able to find it not on a gps or google earth

I find myself wondering what type of pure technical ignorance is required to type "not on a gps".

You really should just stop. Just...... stop.

• Upvote 1