Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it unscrupulous, not to mention disrespecting the board and its membership, to review JK's posts and give him a plus where appropriate (not that he'd much care)? How else is his "reputation" g

nice to see its been done away with. Good call MM

Baz, thanks for your viewpoint.   I can't say I can know what goes on in peoples' minds or what they think when they press those buttons, so I'll just have to take your word for it that you know.  

nice to see its been done away with. Good call MM :thumbup

I think you'll find it hasn't.

I have to say i think it is a good option to be able to +1 -1 posts.

If you have a bad rating... deal with it, if you have a positive rating... give yourself a pat on the back.

At the end of the day we are all still gonna post if its there or not so lets just get on with it and post post post.

:thumbup

I presume your on about joe cuntkicker :bhappy so who is tickling his bollox :clueless

I haven't checked out Joe's reputation lately. However when we first got the option to rate, I did watch how others reacted to him. I find that sometimes he gives great advice, other times seems to ramble, as well as posts windups just to get a reaction. it seemed that others gave him plus and minuses just about the same way that I did, though I tend to give many more plus than minus. I did notice that Joe went way into the negative in a very short time. Looking at his posts that were active at the time, I didn't even see that many votes, much less that many minus votes. I think that MM came to the same conclusion that I did, and put a limit on the number of minuses that can be given in a day. It was obvious to me that someone with a hard on for Joe, had gone back to old post and rated them. That's not really fair.

There are times when an old post resurfaces, and someone adds to a 2 or 3 year old topic, if you don't watch for dates, you could think it's a new post and rate some of the replies, or the OP. I guess that's fair. But going back and rating just to make someone look good or bad because of your personal relationship with someone, isn't. I will say that it pissed me off that there was a limit to the negatives I could give in a day, when chatkeow posted his story, and Cheshire Tom was posting more backbiting crap per day than I had negatives for.

• Downvote 2

I think that MM came to the same conclusion that I did, and put a limit on the number of minuses that can be given in a day. It was obvious to me that someone with a hard on for Joe, had gone back to old post and rated them. That's not really fair.

I agree about the fairness issue. Going back through old posts and +1 or -1'ing them to boost or lower someone's reputation is a misuse of the board's features (there is a rule about that). It's manipulation, pure and simple, and if someone doesn't grasp that, they don't have a real handle on ethical issues.

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

I am amazed anyone would be concerned about it, its another feature of a forum like many things on forums certain people tell lies if those people vote and poll others to sending PMs who cares.

I agree , however for certain people forums are their entire lives

I will say that it pissed me off that there was a limit to the negatives I could give in a day, when chatkeow posted his story, and Cheshire Tom was posting more backbiting crap per day than I had negatives for.

Tell me about it! the dribble coming out of Chatkeows mouth i wanted to negative rep every post he made as i am sure CT would of liked to as well :bhappy

Edited by nus01
  • Downvote 1