Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

any airlines using the A380 to BKK?

For my June trip I am looking if I can get a ride on the A380 airbus, I was under the impression that emirates used them on the Dubai-bkk leg but after a bit of research I learned they are using the 777-300.

I know qantas have them but I don`t think they are yet using them on this route , I think the earliest opportunity I will get is when Thai are scheduled to be using them on the London-bkk route either later this year or early next year.

For my June trip I am looking if I can get a ride on the A380 airbus, I was under the impression that emirates used them on the Dubai-bkk leg but after a bit of research I learned they are using the 777-300.

I know qantas have them but I don`t think they are yet using them on this route , I think the earliest opportunity I will get is when Thai are scheduled to be using them on the London-bkk route either later this year or early next year.

Emirates are using them to BKK from Dubai (and Hong Kong) - EK384/385.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1

Last time i left Iraq to come back to BKK via Dubai, Emirates use the A380 on their 9am flight to BKK. It is on its way to Australia via BKK

Emirates have been flying the A380 from LHR to Dubai for a few years now, in fact they are now up to twice daily from there, afternoon and evening departures.

They also use the A380 from Manchester on the afternoon departure to Dubai. Soon to go twice daily from there also.

The afternoon departures offer reasonable connection times in Dubai for the A380 to Bangkok.

Used it plenty of times both in economy and business, imho best aircraft in the sky today.

Regards

Confirm with Fireman Sam, afternoon from Man-Dub-bkk is A380. leaves approx 2pm arrives approx 2pm local time (working from memory last summer) The A380 is available on return leg but flight from Bkk is about 2am, which is not my favourite time to fly.

Since they launched the A380 I wanted to go on it and booked economy last yr Man-Bkk, but the little Indian chappie at Alpha flights (called himself Dave) sold us the flight too cheap so came up with the bollocks that 2nd leg in economy full so we fucked em off and booked Netflights.

Me and a mate were going and they did a 2 person booking and reduced the Business class fare from 2.5k to 2k. Never flown bizz before so thought fuck it. With Emirate if you live within 70 miles of airport they send out chaufer driven motor for going and coming back.

When we booked in Bizz lounge in Manchester I said to girls bhind counter if they couldnt fill 1st class we wouldnt be offended if they asked us to upgrade. 30 mins before flight got call and 1st leg free upgrade to 1st class.

This is a cracking way to fly, with your own cubicle, 23" flat screen, quality food and the use of the shower before landing.

From here on it went slightly downhill, no problems just the way my holiday was booked.

Man to Dubai 1st class on the A380

Dubai to Bkk Buisness class on the A380

Bkk to PP economy Air Asia

20yr old Nissan from PP airport to hotel

3 days later 6 hr bus ride PP to Siam Reap (only $11 but half the journey the roads bumpy as hell and booked a 45 min flight back)

Edited by bigbadbaz

Emirates have been flying the A380 from LHR to Dubai for a few years now, in fact they are now up to twice daily from there, afternoon and evening departures.

They also use the A380 from Manchester on the afternoon departure to Dubai. Soon to go twice daily from there also.

The afternoon departures offer reasonable connection times in Dubai for the A380 to Bangkok.

Used it plenty of times both in economy and business, imho best aircraft in the sky today.

Regards

I used to think that until I flew the 787. That is one sweet ride, even in economy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I used to think that until I flew the 787. That is one sweet ride, even in economy.

Ye, hopefully will get on the 787 later this year, I think Qatar are due some later this year, depending on which routes they deploy them on.

Regards

I haven't been on one yet.

Always book the Biz Class (hey bigbadbaz I never realised Emirates offered a chauffeured car...thought that was just Etihad, is it just ex UK?). I always look for the cheapest of the better airlines which seems to always put me in Etihad or Qatar, Emirates is always 30,000 baht more.... (just too much). Ithink one day I will be on the A380, without planning or extra expense, for now if it gets me there and serves a glass of champers b4 take-off I really do not worry.

It's not flying any long haul routes yet, is it?

The first 787 in the international configuration for ANA will be delivered 4 January 2012, Seattle, WA time ((It is still the evening of the 3rd in the Pacific Standard Time zone). This will be the first 787 with the RR Trent package B engines that are suppose to be within 1% of the specifications Rolls originally promised.

The first 787 in the international configuration for ANA will be delivered 4 January 2012, Seattle, WA time ((It is still the evening of the 3rd in the Pacific Standard Time zone). This will be the first 787 with the RR Trent package B engines that are suppose to be within 1% of the specifications Rolls originally promised.

I hate to be negative but I do hope these RR engines get a better start than the ones on the A380.

I haven't been on one yet.

Always book the Biz Class (hey bigbadbaz I never realised Emirates offered a chauffeured car...thought that was just Etihad, is it just ex UK?). I always look for the cheapest of the better airlines which seems to always put me in Etihad or Qatar, Emirates is always 30,000 baht more.... (just too much). Ithink one day I will be on the A380, without planning or extra expense, for now if it gets me there and serves a glass of champers b4 take-off I really do not worry.

Jacko the chauffer driven car with Emirates is not applicable in Thailand for some reason.

No problem in the UK and Dubai, off the top of my head I think they collect and drop off within 70 miles of your departure/arrival airport.

Regards

Ye, hopefully will get on the 787 later this year, I think Qatar are due some later this year, depending on which routes they deploy them on.

Regards

Qatar will perhaps start using the 787 later this year on the Manchester-Doha route. Likewise Etihad on the Dublin-Abu Dhabi route in 2013.

It's not flying any long haul routes yet, is it?

Not sure. I lucked into taking a flight on it on the Narita to HK route, more or less 4 hours.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It looks as if Frankfurt will get the first A380 on Thai this year and i am waiting to see what they use on LHR to BKK this xmas if the 747's are going on the australian route.

I have flown the A380 in first class suites on Emirates in 2009 and it was wonderful but too bloody hot on board for me(there were plenty of showers on board and in the first class lounges everywhere :D

Looking on Emirates.com you can get 4 legs on the A380 from LHR by doing the 13.35 flight out of Heathrow via Dubai and landing in Bangkok at 12.05 next day and returning on the 01.05am flight and landing heathrow

at 11.35am same day. I will do that this Xmas if Thai don't buck their ideas up,

It looks as if Frankfurt will get the first A380 on Thai this year and i am waiting to see what they use on LHR to BKK this xmas if the 747's are going on the australian route.

I have flown the A380 in first class suites on Emirates in 2009 and it was wonderful but too bloody hot on board for me(there were plenty of showers on board and in the first class lounges everywhere :D

Looking on Emirates.com you can get 4 legs on the A380 from LHR by doing the 13.35 flight out of Heathrow via Dubai and landing in Bangkok at 12.05 next day and returning on the 01.05am flight and landing heathrow

at 11.35am same day. I will do that this Xmas if Thai don't buck their ideas up,

Emirates have now included the free Chauffer drive for First/Business class travel in Thailand, but only within 60 Km of Swampy.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam
  • 2 weeks later...