Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

the best thai food is Pad Thai. Pad Thai doesn't need an introduction; there are an infinite number of variations on this timeless tradition, but usually noodles are dressed up with tofu, bean sprouts, onion, and the brilliant final touch: peanuts ground to near dust. Pad Thai is a diner-participation meal; you put on the finishing touches of fish sauce, sugar, chili powder, and crushed peanuts to suit your taste.

Thanks

MVMTravel.com | behindcity.com

• Downvote 1

the best thai food is Pad Thai. Pad Thai doesn't need an introduction; there are an infinite number of variations on this timeless tradition, but usually noodles are dressed up with tofu, bean sprouts, onion, and the brilliant final touch: peanuts ground to near dust. Pad Thai is a diner-participation meal; you put on the finishing touches of fish sauce, sugar, chili powder, and crushed peanuts to suit your taste.

Thanks

MVMTravel.com | behindcity.com

I find Pad Thai to be incredibly boring. I don't recall ever seeing a Thai order it.

Other Thai dishes actually have flavour.

Edited by steamer
  • Downvote 1

Vienjun (Wienjant) Seafood was one of my favorites.

They were previously across the road from Lek Hotel, so it was quite easy to get a "date" from TQ1, a room at Lek & a meal at Vienjun w/o every leaving the block, LOL

Then it moved to the end of Walking Street & last I heard it was out on South Road near Big C.

I find Pad Thai to be incredibly boring. I don't recall ever seeing a Thai order it.

Other Thai dishes actually have flavour.

Yeah I am a little put off by the concept of sprinkling sugar on my food.

And tofu, well you might as well suck on your thumb.

Like a nice Masuman or Penang Curry, or kaeng phet pet yang.

You know, all the stuff with a high fat content and added coconut milk!

Nongjai Restaurant for me pictured previously.

It is near the DHL and Cigar shop on 2nd Road between Soi 10 and 11. They also have a branch down near Big C.

Top food and reasonably priced. Myself and a friend took 2 girls there one night, they said it was very good, especially the fish.

• 4 years later...

Thai food is a trade off in that the price and quality as so variable. For a really cheap, tasty and good meal I have to recommend the dozen restaurant centre in Soi Buakhao beside the small market 50 metres from the funny bend in the road. I have never had a bad meal from there and never paid as much as a 100 baht, There is also a booze bar with rock bottom prices.

One of the nice things about Thailand is that you never really know where you're going to find excellent Thai food. Some of the best meals I've had have been at hole in he wall places that don't even have a name.

• Upvote 2

One of the nice things about Thailand is that you never really know where you're going to find excellent Thai food. Some of the best meals I've had have been at hole in he wall places that don't even have a name.

Agree with that statement.

I tried several pricey Thai places on 2nd road with increased disappointment at every stop during my trip last month.

I eventually said fuck it and ate KFC and McDonalds then when I moved out to Jometin Beach for the last week of my trip I tried the small places across from the beach and that was awesome Thai food at half the price I was paying in Pattaya Central 2nd Road area.

Best eats I had was off a cart where this guy was making a coconut crepe like a pancake but had a crispy taste.....really great. This guy would get a long line and one afternoon I waited 30 minutes for one and had a confrontation with a Russian lady trying to cut the line.

Agree with that statement.

I tried several pricey Thai places on 2nd road with increased disappointment at every stop during my trip last month.

I eventually said fuck it and ate KFC and McDonalds then when I moved out to Jometin Beach for the last week of my trip I tried the small places across from the beach and that was awesome Thai food at half the price I was paying in Pattaya Central 2nd Road area.

Best eats I had was off a cart where this guy was making a coconut crepe like a pancake but had a crispy taste.....really great. This guy would get a long line and one afternoon I waited 30 minutes for one and had a confrontation with a Russian lady trying to cut the line.

I am up to 3 on that one!