Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just returned from LOS and spent the last 4 nights at the Nana and while not the Marriott it was nice ( My Room Anyway ) request 347 and you will be happy. 1600 Baht and yes I know you can get a better hotel for 1600 B but no better location this room was HUGE.

This room had new redone Bathroom and  new carpet 2 large TV's good channels two large seating areas and a seperate bedroom with 2 large windows 1 overlooking the Nana Plaza.

Also had a dining area if you do a lot of room service or bring back dinner often.

Room was very clean and no bugs or smell to be found

this may not be the norm for the Nana but I will stay there again for the Location.

One more thing is if you check in with your TG then no ID check hassle at the lift and are given 2 Breakfast tickets

Kid,

Glad to see your back safe from your trip, was worried about you being up country with all the talk about the bird flu.  I hope your wing man Jimmy was able to stay out of trouble in Pattaya without you watching out for his best interest.  ;D

Emil

Well here's my take on the Nana in which I stayed 4 nights this past week.  I had room 555, a deluxe for 1500 but it was dated, not really clean(but I've never noted the Nana for its attention to cleanliness anyway)

I did see one cockroach but I surmized that it had scurried out of Soi 7's knickers so I didn't pay it much heed. ;D

This was also the first time that I used the pool and it was fine, and the bubbly pool adjacent to the swimming pool seemed  ok as well.

The first night they closed the restaurant to fumigate and I could smell the bug spray all the way in my room on the fifth floor and that was nasty to endure.

Bacon had a room on the 3rd floor that seemed to be in the same state as mine, so all in all I thinkk the place is by and large pretty run down IMHO.  I don't think I will stay there again despite the fact that I have never had a problem with any of the desk, bellhops, or restaurant servers, although the servers are a bit on the reserved side and not very outgoing.

One problem that did cause me some grief was when I was checking out at 03:30 on my way to the airport.  I presented my Visa card and they ran it and said that the lines were tied up to the US and the card would not authorize.  So, I had to profer up my bill in baht which left me in a predicament as i had barely enough to get a taxi and the required 500 baht airport tax upon departure.  Whether the Nana staff were bullshitting me I'll never know at this point so mai pan rai.

I know there are lots of boardies that feel the Nana is the consumate shit hole of a hotel.  I wouldn't say that but it will not be my future choice whilst in BKK.

Regards, James