Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Electric scooter rental in Pattaya

I rented a scooter today and so far it's worked well. The owner of the company told me it's rated for a 20Km range. I rode from Sky-Top to Starbucks at Central Festival and back and the battery indicator was still at full charge. It's rated to go 8Km per hour and it handles well. I paid 6000 for 19 days plus a 1K delivery and pickup fee. I had to leave a 5K deposit. If you see an old geezer riding around Pattaya. It's most likely me.

Scott experience

66(0)847015442

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL. All Hub has to add is a unprovoked personal attack. He follows me from thread to thread. Thread fucking along the way. Sad and lame.

Unfortunately my three week trip is almost over. I leave tomorrow morning. I called the rental agency and told them they could pick up the scooter early. The guy showed up quickly and I had no hassle

Yes, you wait 10 years for a proper quote and then five come along at once.

I thought he meant one of these things. I'm not sure where you're meant to drive them in Pattaya though - a bit dodgy on the road methinks.

Yeah, me too. Idefix's 60kph version has me worried tho.

If there are other BMs who would have the need to use one, I imagine they would like a bit more information on how you do navigating street curbs and other obstacles that are not ADA compliant.

Now I'm confused.

Sorry MM... I just found strange to use the word "scooter" for that kind of "moving chair".

Maybe a link could help: http://scootexperiencethailand.com/en/products

I suppose BigD must be using something looking like this one:

http://scootexperiencethailand.com/en/products/9/3-wheel-mini-Shoprider.html

46_thumb.jpg

I think it very dangerous to use that on the Pattaya's roads...

I think it very dangerous to use that on the Pattaya's roads...

It would be good to know, if you do drive the thing on the roads, whether you need a licence or are required to wear a crash helmet. I agree that Pattaya would present certain challenges for such a machine (particularly with the smaller wheels) - perfectly emphasised by the pic of the showroom ...

I can't speak to the helmet,license or insurance requirement. I was out and about this morning and passed by three policeman walking patrol and a police vehicle on soi 6. They didn't look at me twice. :thumbup

I thought he meant one of these things. I'm not sure where you're meant to drive them in Pattaya though - a bit dodgy on the road methinks.

LOL - if it has a basket he can store beverages in there to save money in bars. Cost savings and pity card played, what could be better! :thumbup

LOL - if it has a basket he can store beverages in there to save money in bars. Cost savings and pity card played, what could be better! :thumbup

LOL. All Hub has to add is a unprovoked personal attack. He follows me from thread to thread. Thread fucking along the way. Sad and lame.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I can't speak to the helmet,license or insurance requirement. I was out and about this morning and passed by three policeman walking patrol and a police vehicle on soi 6. They didn't look at me twice. :thumbup

But serious question D, how do you manage the curbs and other obstacles? Don't expect to need to use one myself anytime soon but once upon a time I was also sure I would never go bald and would be able to get a diamond cutter at will.

But serious question D, how do you manage the curbs and other obstacles? Don't expect to need to use one myself anytime soon but once upon a time I was also sure I would never go bald and would be able to get a diamond cutter at will.

And does it have a reverse if you get yourself in a no way out situation?

From mobile device.

And does it have a reverse if you get yourself in a no way out situation?

From mobile device.

The scooter has reverse and also has a horn, headlights, running lights and turn signals.

I never expected to need a mobility scooter but here I am. The scooter is not a perfect solution. It's a viable alternative for the mobility impaired guy who wants to still be able to come to Pattaya. My legs and balance may not work as well as they used to but my dick still does.

The sidewalk in front of Sky-Top is like a mini ramp. Easy to gain access to the street. I drive against traffic close to the side of the road. I use the minor soi to do most of my travels. So far Beach Road promenade is accessible with many ramps from soi 2 to 200 meters short of Walking Street. Yesterday I made a mistake and needed assistance to get the scooter over a curb. Couple of Thai guys saw I was in trouble and came over to offer help. I could have solved the problem by myself but it would have been a hassle. I plan on offering a full report on my experience in Pattaya at the end of my trip. I plan on renting another scooter next trip.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • Upvote 2

The sidewalk in front of Sky-Top is like a mini ramp. Easy to gain access to the street. I drive against traffic close to the side of the road. I use the minor soi to do most of my travels. So far Beach Road promenade is accessible with many ramps from soi 2 to 200 meters short of Walking Street. Yesterday I made a mistake and needed assistance to get the scooter over a curb. Couple of Thai guys saw I was in trouble and came over to offer help. I could have solved the problem by myself but it would have been a hassle. I plan on offering a full report on my experience in Pattaya at the end of my trip. I plan on renting another scooter next trip.

:thumbup Be careful out there.

last_great_act_of_defiance.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I never expected to need a mobility scooter but here I am. The scooter is not a perfect solution. It's a viable alternative for the mobility impaired guy who wants to still be able to come to Pattaya.

Maybe a silly question, but how do you and the TG get back to your hotel from places such as the Beer Garden if you're using your scooter? Does it carry two, or what?

First: please, BigDUSA don't take that for you. It's not.

Just found this page on the Internet and thought about your topic here.

I found it an interesting side of American today life...

http://thechive.com/...ters-15-photos/

Maybe funny at first... but very sad in fact. :(

This one didn't think it was funny..

scooters-fat-people-5.jpg

Maybe a silly question, but how do you and the TG get back to your hotel from places such as the Beer Garden if you're using your scooter? Does it carry two, or what?

Tom, you already asked that question. I know you didn't get an answer, but does that surprise you?