Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all u guys, i was reading the rewiew for sabai lodge, and its sounds great!! but do they have a website???

i really like to watch what the place look like!!!

are arriving in sin city aug 22, what kind of rate do u guys think i could get, low season and all??  

cheers Nicklas

Any idea if the Sabai Lodge is a quiet hotel or does techno music/traffic noise spoil things a little?

TIA

Okay, I understand having some trepidation regarding an unknown hotel.  Suffice it to say that Sabai Lodge is a good choice.  All things considered:  comfort, quiet, location (i.e., entertainment, shopping, transportation to other places of interest), value, internet, tailors, etc.

Yes, there are other good places to stay but you have to start somewhere.  Rather than confuse the issue why not pick this place?  Honest, no one's trying to set you up with a lady boy.

Once you're here, you can easily check out other hotels.

If you poke around here in this same section, you'll see another thread about hotels. The Sabai Lodge is discussed there.  I stayed at the place in November for about three weeks and was satisfied.  It was clean, quiet, and the staff was good.  No problems whatsoever.  The safe depost boxes are at the reception desk, and there's room service until midnight.  The rates for the laundry aren't bad either.  I think I paid about 850 or 950 a night, but no more than that.

All in all, I'd stay there again if I were looking for a place in that price range.

Rex

I've stayed there in the past and plan to again on one of my upcoming trips. Here is the email that they sent me when I asked about prices:

Thank you very much for your e-mail.Our price as follow ;

During  August - October 2003 ;

Standard at garden side              :   700.-/room/night

Superior at pool side                   :   850.-/room/night

During November - 20 December 2003 ;

Standard at garden side             :   850.-/room/night

Superior at pool side                  :   950.-/room/night

Price are without breakfast.

Shilo

This is my first trip and I booked a week at the Sabai Lodge..

I emailed a prepaid offer for my room for a week.. and did so at a quite a reduced price.... In fact I took the money I saved and used it to have a "Limo" pick me up at the airport..

I really can't tell you about the accomodations but I certainly will when I get back.. :)  

Shakey, I am afraid to tell you that they will probably put you in the standard rooms behind the parking lot. These rooms while OK are the oldest rooms at the hotel complex and not up to the quality of the rooms near the pools. Take a look at the room when you check in and then try to bargain for an upgrade to a room near the pool.

There is one good thing about the old rooms, you can get to the room without going through the lobby so no walk of shame if you are taking more than one back with you.

I paid for Deluxe "A" room...   6k baht /week for supposedly the low season rate 1150 night rooms...      The folks at Sabai seemed very professional... but I have no clue about the "deluxe" rooms.... So I may have been hoodwinked or not...   Room had a double bed and electronic room safe which is a big plus for me...   No breakfeast included was the only downfall that I saw..

Thanks guys....

Shakey

Those are the best rooms at Sabai Lodge. The ones that surround the small pool. The restaurant there at the Sabai complex is only average. They do have a decent breakfast buffet though, I think 99 baht.

Cool thanks Rob!

Feel free to suggest any good food or entertainment ideas, I have about 2 weeks to go now..    Im thinking Sabailand for sure since it is so close..

Thanks Shakey

For nearby entertainment ideas, you won't have to look very far.  Just walk out to the street and turn left.  Almost to the corner of 2nd road is the Classroom 2000 go go bar.  There are some nice girls in there.  Across the street from that place there are so many girls in the beer bars at night it's almost scary.  Of course, three or four massage places are within a short walk.

Rex ;D

I did a walk-in at the Sabai Lodge and asked if they had any of their best rooms available, and was quoted aprox. 1000 baht for poolside deluxe(?) room.

Very nice being able to walk a few paces and jump in the pool. Safe in room. All seemed very good except that the aircon was dripping a little drop of water on the carpet now and again.

After a much needed shower I realized that ever since I sat foot in the room I had noticed a funny smell that I could not quite figure out, but did not bother to check it out.

A couple of days later coming to the room after shopping, I felt the same smell stronger than before, and suddenly had it figured: It smells like a toilet! After much searching I found a urinal-cake hidden under a desk in the room and had to laugh at the Thai way of doing things. I figured that they put the urinal-cake there to cover up the muggy smell of the constantly moist carpet (from dripping aircon). Instead of fixing the aircon and fix the problem, they make the room smell like a urinal in stead! ::)

The same day I relocated to the Resicence Garden and had a great stay  ;D

Whaler

I've stayed there and would stay again. One of my favorite BG, Pokky works up the street at the Flamingo Bar across from the classroom. Second pool table down from second road. She speaks ecellent english and is honest. Fun girl to spend some time with. Tell her Denny sent you.

The only negative I can really give about the Sabai Lodge is that if you are given a room backing up against Soi 2, a loud motorcycle without a muffler can jolt you awake from a sound sleep.  Better to get a room on the other side of the hotel if possible.

The only other potential problem is once you barfine a girl from a bar like the flamingo on Soi 2, you inevitably have to walk your next night's barfine past her, which can be uncomfortable if you are thin-skinned.

I will check in at Sabai Lodge on june 20th. Can someone tell me what an urinal-cake is ? I will check my room before unpacking.

In Holland we know space-cake  [smiley=teeth.gif]

A urinal cake is the soapy-looking thing you find laying in the urinal. Smells strongly of .. uh.. well, it smells like it does in toilets. It is there to cover up the smell of old urine. I am sure it has some antibacterial function as well.

I am also of the opinion that the Sabai Lodge is normally a fairly nice hotel with great staff, even if the rooms are on the small side and now look a little bit tired. I especially like the poolside rooms on the ground floor. A great thing to walk out your door just a few steps, and then dive in the pool  ;D.

Oh.. and the pool-bar makes the most delicious fruit-smoothies. My favourite is the pineapple drink made from newly picked ripe pineapple and lots of ice.

Ahab

• 4 months later...

It was mentined that food's not so hot at ther Sabai Lodge.  At the Welkom Inn (an entrance is just across the street) the food is excellent!  To get to their outdoor dining you have to walk thru the Welkom Inn to their Soi 3 entrance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get in contact with the Sabai Lodge, to book a room over Christmas.

The link,    www.sabaicenter.com     doesn't seem to work any more.   Does anyone know a new web address for them, or better yet, does anyone have the front desk's email ?  I'd rather book direct with them than go through one of the hotel booking sites.

Thanks a lot for any help Guys.