Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flipper Lodge vs. Flipper Hotel

Howdy Gents.

Now don't spam me for this question.  I have read alot on the forums about the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8.  Now I also know there is the Flipper Hotel on Soi 7.  No one seems to have any reviews on the Flipper Hotel.  I am jumping to Pattaya for a couple of days on a business trip.  I usually stay at the Penthouse but since they screwed me on my last bill I'm trying something new.  If you guys could give me a comparison I would be quite happy.  

Rumor

just turn to page 3 of the index you will see stories / photos by Soi7 &  THE_DRUID.  need more about  Flipper Lodge just check the reviews under this column.

==============================

deleted . . .

rumor,

Near the top of this page is "Hotels", open it, then click on hotel reviews, then Pattaya hotels.  Under "1000 or less" are reviews of both Flippers.

Emil

Thanks for the quick response.  I already looked over the reviews before I posted.  I was looking for a more current review that will push me over to one of them.  Both of them are 8.4 and 8.6.  I was wondering what makes one better than the other.

But again thanks for the quick mails since I leave in about 16 hours.

Plus anyone had problems with walkins.  I never make reservations for Pattaya.  I never needed to on any of my visits.  I love to haggle for a good price face to face.

Rumor

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Flipper lodge in June and hated it! The employees were very rude and not helpful at all. The rooms were around 800 baht per night, the room was out dated and in need of a make over. The food in the restaurant was horrible, the internet cafe was so freaking hot that you couldn't sit there for more than 5 mins. And what pissed me off more than anything was the exchange rate they were giving on cashing travlers checks. I could not recomend this hotel and will not return.

Both Flipper Lodge and Flipper House are good value for the price.  Remember, rooms are under $20 a night.  I prefer the FH because it is easier to get a return email from them.  If you are not interested in making a reservation first, there are a lot of choices in the immediate area.  Sometimes it is easier to walk in to deals at the other places because they don't have as big an internet following.  Flipper house was booked pretty solid during July because of their special and many walk-ins were turned away.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi

My first post and in 10 days my first trip to Pattaya.

I read hottel reviews and noticed that most paid around 800 baht to stay at Flipper lodge. I check there web sites these are the prices they quate.

CITY VIEW    SEA VIEW      DELUX SUITE  

@ 1,000 Bht. @ 1,100 Bht. @ 1,300 Bht

What's the deal? I know that it's low season. These Prices seem very high. How can I book a room for the price you guys pay?

One more question. Anyone knows a website for Eastiny Inn.

Thanks

Hi

My first post and in 10 days my first trip to Pattaya.

I read hottel reviews and noticed that most paid around 800 baht to stay at Flipper lodge. I check there web sites these are the prices they quate.

CITY VIEW    SEA VIEW      DELUX SUITE  

@ 1,000 Bht. @ 1,100 Bht. @ 1,300 Bht

What's the deal? I know that it's low season. These Prices seem very high. How can I book a room for the price you guys pay?

One more question. Anyone knows a website for Eastiny Inn.

Thanks

Eastiny doesn't have a web site for any of their three hotels; Inn, Place or Bella Vista. The current rate at the Eastiny Inn is 800 baht per night. If you stay two weeks or more the Bella Vista will discount the rates to 550 baht. Flipper will charge you 800 and 880 for rooms right now as they offer a 30 % discount.

What about the Charming ? I havent seen any more recent reports on this place and I'd like to run some groups into there next years.

Ive been told its OK

Any other comments ??

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at the flipper lodge 8 or 9 times over the past decade and have always found the staff to be superb. the reason their rates aren't the cheapest is that they are often fully booked even in low season. As the staff get to know your face you will get better rooms and seaview at no extra charge. only down side is that it can be a bit too noisy.

Neil

I've been in Flipper lodge for the first time in July, but only for one night because i didn't like it at all. The room,a standard, was basic and with a very bad smell, the staff very rude, the pool dirty. I really don't understand why such a lot of people like this hotel. In my opinion Eastiny is much better and I recommend it highly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Flipper Lodge soi 8 from September 3rd till September 10th.

Roomrate : seaview : 770 baht

Room : outdated, could use new paint, and moisture around the Airco

Staff : extremely friendly and helpfull, especially the security staff, always called me when TG left the hotel to check if i was OK.

Pool : nice pool, clean & good service, liked it a lot.

Internet : in the lobby....without airco (working on it.....), 1,5 Baht a minute ...in this heat...(better deal in the internetroom next to the Sunbeam hotel, same Soi : only 1 baht a minute, fast pc's...and airco !!)

In all, I did like it a lot and found it to be worth the money !

One thing though : having read the posts on the CC fraud, i gave my card at check in so they could make the ussual "paper copy", when checkin' out, i had to ask for that copy...........maybe the girl forgot, maybe not....who knows !!!!

Anyway, I hope this helps people out !

Regards, Jay

Apparently there is in-room massage at both Flipper LOdge and Flipper House. I wonder what the girls are like? I will found out in November I guess as I am booked at the Flipper House. It sounds like fun getting an in room massage (with some sex thrown in afterwards)