Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dynasty Inn - Pattaya..... any info??

For those who wanted more info on Inn House,

Only have phone # and Fax on business card.

Tel (038) 415 709-16

Fax (038) 415 717

They have 4 different room plans and I have the rate of the 3 cheapest.

day            week          month

600            3500          10500

800            4500          11900

1200          7000          17500

The monthly rates require you to pay for electricity and water and maid service is only twice a week.

These rate are effective through Sep, then their high season rates kick in.  However I would guess that if they are having trouble filling up the rooms you might be able to negoiate a deal.

They do charge 200 baht if you bring back more than 1 TG.

My room was not the largest but a decent size.  No tub, but large shower.  Large frig that is only stocked with 2 bottles of complimintary water/day.  Remote controls for TV and A/C.  I would have stayed their for the month if they had a pool.  No restaurant now, but will have one later.  No problem unless you require room service because Sportsman accross the Soi and AA Residence buffet next door for the chow hounds.

I just prewied my post and the number 8 should where you see the smiley.

Emil

Thanks Emil for the info.

Just a couple of questions.I take it that you are staying in the 800 Baht accomodation.Has the TV got some decent english and sports channels ? Any in room safe ? Is there much noise disturbance from the building work that supposedly would be going on to create the pool area ?

Thanks again for your help

Bazz

I went in the New Dynasty Inn Soi 13 just after it opened. They quoted me a rate in person of 990 but then dropped to 820 if I book 2 or more nights with them. The hotel will move on the rate now because things are slow and the place is empty. I did look at the rooms and they are better than average for Pattaya.

Thanks Emil for the info.

Just a couple of questions.I take it that you are staying in the 800 Baht accomodation.Has the TV got some decent english and sports channels ? Any in room safe ? Is there much noise disturbance from the building work that supposedly would be going on to create the pool area ?

Thanks again for your help

Bazz

I now have the rate sheet and can give more info.  Their email is innhousegroup@yahoo.com.  Inn House is directly across from the Sandy.  The missing room rate is 1000, 5,500 and 15,000.  The utility rates for the monthly stay is: electricity 6 baht/unit and water 25 baht/unit.  Don't have a clue what a unit equals.

The rooms are identified as: Single/Twin, Seaview/Delux, Suite and Seaview Suite.  I wanted the Seaview/Delux but they were full.  They put me in the Seaview Suite and closed off the other half of the room and charged me the Seaview/Delux rate.  The seaview Suite is basically 2 seperate hotel rooms with the adjoining door.  So basically the suite has an additional bathroom and an area that has chairs and table instead of a bed.  No in room safe but they did have one drawer in the closet that had a key to lock up some of your stuff.  No pool to be built but a restuarant will be soon.  No noise at night.

Emil

Be careful about that 350 bhat ride.

We stated at the dynasty in bkk but did not want to stay at the dynasty in pty.  We ask how much for their bus to pty.  They said 350 and they said to make arrangements with the little travel booth in the rear of the building.

It turns out that it was that hotel shuttle that you can get at any travel agency.  The problem with that shuttle is that they stop at all of these places to pick up people and it takes about four hours to get to pty.  Not worth it in my mind.  

Just walk across the street to the nana parking lot and get an air con taxi for 1000 b.

Be careful about that 350 bhat ride.

We stated at the dynasty in bkk but did not want to stay at the dynasty in pty.  We ask how much for their bus to pty.  They said 350 and they said to make arrangements with the little travel booth in the rear of the building.

It turns out that it was that hotel shuttle that you can get at any travel agency.  The problem with that shuttle is that they stop at all of these places to pick up people and it takes about four hours to get to pty.  Not worth it in my mind.  

Just walk across the street to the nana parking lot and get an air con taxi for 1000 b.

I say again......if you're at the Dynasty Bangkok and prepay for 2 or more nights at the Dynasty resort Pattaya the shuttle is DIRECT to Dynasty pattaya with no stops. The 350 baht fee is for the return trip only and it goes Dynasty pattaya DIRECT to Dynasty bangkok with no stops. I did it in July. A great value IMO as the Dynasty Pattaya is an excellent place to stay. If you want another hotel in Pattaya then you'll more than likely going to get one of those minibuses that stops numerous times enroute to Pattaya unless you book a taxi/limo which will cost you 10 times as much.

As you say Cumcannon, it's fine, as long as you want you prebook the nights at Dynasty Pattaya.

Your "ten times as much" comment is pure hyperbole.  :)

From the airport, there is a three times daily minibus service from Thai Limousine for 250 baht.

You can take a taxi from the airport or Metropolitan Bangkok for 1000 baht or you can take the public air con bus from Ekkamai (Sukhumvit Soi 63) for 90 baht with a Songthaew shuttle to your hotel from the bus station of 20 to 40 baht.

I agree with Cumcannon,  the shuttle is as he stated.

I use the Dynasty Resort as a regular first two nights in Pattaya, and I utilize the shuttle to get there.  The Dynasty Resort is an excellent place, except for the location.  Use those two days to explore the town and locate a more permanent hotel.  I couldn't stay @ the DR long term unless I had my own transportation.

The shuttle is on time always (12:30 - I think), and as stated, does not stop.  Much superior to a bus.  And when you figure in the cost of a taxi (1000-1500 B), the two nights at the DR are extremely attractive.  On top of that you are staying at a great hotel.

I just hope that the Dynasty folks make the new Inn in Pattaya with equivalent room standards to the Resort.   This location will probably become the first stop of the shuttle service to the DR.  

Enough about the shuttle..........Any new info on the hotel?  Someone really needs to stay there and post a report and review.

Zeus  

Zeus

The 90 baht Express coach does not stop either. (You might even meet someone interesting)

Anyway, it's academic.

If you are staying the two nights at the Dynasty Pattaya, why wouldn't you take the free minibus?

If you are not, why would you pay 350 baht to be dropped off at the Dynasty Resort Pattaya, in the middle of nowhere?

I am checking back on this post now and then to see if there is any actual info on the new Dynasty Inn, but I wanted to comment on something unrelated that has also come up.  

I have taken the "non-stop" bus to Pattaya 3 times and on one trip it stopped approx 4 times to let people off along the way.  Thank god they didn't have luggage underneath or it would have been longer than just getting off the road, letting someone off and then back into traffic.  Since I have started playing golf in the LOS I take a taxi down as I have a bit too much luggage to manage easily for the bus so I don't know how common the "non-stop" stops are.

Gren

It's true. I have been on the bus when it stopped to let someone off on the Sukhumvit Road. It's not inconvenient though as it is only generally for a few seconds.

Personally, the bus is ok for me as I'm not in a hurry, so a three hour or so journey from door to door is ok for me.

Though I will take a taxi when I'm leaving Pattaya.

It all depends on what suits you at the time.

I took the free minibus from the Dynasty Inn to the Dynasty Resort. It went directly to the Dynasty Resort and took 2 hours.

I must disagree with the previous comment about the Dynasty Resort being in the middle of nowhere. It takes a bahtbus ten minutes maximum to get there from Walking Street (80 baht). Hardly in the middle of nowhere.

I took the free bus into Pattaya one evening and asked the driver to stop at the new Dynasty Inn in Pattaya. It is easily within walking distance of all the action. I went inside and was shown a room. The foyer is very much the same as the Dynasty Resort. The rooms are magnificent and I fully recommend a stay there. However, I still prefer the Dynasty Resort because of the location, the pool, the quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff.

By the way, went to the FLB party on the 6th. Had an excellent time but left early to watch the England match.  

Yeah, I spent a week there in July and had a great time. Excellent rooms, big clean pool, friendly staff and no probs with lady guests. Quiet.. No problems with transportation to/from walking street . It's actually close to walking street........ less than a 10 minute ride and the resort offers a free shuttle to walking street 4 times a day.  On the return at night all the drivers new the place even before I showed them the taxi card. It 's a place to stay if you desire peace and quiet during the day but at night you can be in the middle of the action in no time.

I agree with both you guys.  The DR is a great place.  Definately worth the room rate.  And the one time baht bus ride is not that bad.

However, that baht bus ride is unconvenient when companred with the walk/short ride that is available for hotels in the city of Pattaya.   It is also nice to be able to come and go from your hotel(eating, shopping, prowlling) for short periods of time without having to "charter" a baht bus.

I stay at the DR frequently, however for longer stays I will choose something in the city of Pattaya.  That's why I am gald they are now offering the DI Pattaya.  Thanks for the update TabMule!

Zeus