Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

B Visa, no work permit, through gf company ?

Hi, whats the requirements for B visa? or multi B ?

My gf got currency exchanges business

I know I be not able to apply for work permit through her I think, she got like 4 thai staff but pay tax for 1 only, as they choose to get bit more salary etc... I think that what it is..

anyway, would I be able to apply for B visa instead tourist visa, if she give me letter or something, or company info ?

if so, what would be the difference, between touris and B for my long term stay here ?

Thank You

Kris

It's filing intent to get wp, then visa, then wp.

You can get the B visa after the company submits info to labor dept and you get a letter saying you've started the application for wp.

Then your can be issued a b visa.

Then you come back (must leave country to get b visa) and go thru the wp application process.

At least, that's how I've done it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

ok nevermind i got answer, its wp first then visa...

Maybe, but you got a incomplete one...

You have basically 2 options with non-B :

1- You come here to work for a Thai company, and it will be the WP way as described by MM

2- You come here "to make business here" but sent by a foreign company: no need of WP

I used the option 2) for 1 year before my ED visa. Never worked here and never got a WP.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-%28for-Business-and.html

Edited by Idefix

It's filing intent to get wp, then visa, then wp.

You can get the B visa after the company submits info to labor dept and you get a letter saying you've started the application for wp.

Then your can be issued a b visa.

Then you come back (must leave country to get b visa) and go thru the wp application process.

At least, that's how I've done it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

You have it correct MM.

Not sure how the OP can get a work permit to run an exchange booth though as I reckon that will be a thai occupation only......... the paperwork presented to both the dept of labour (for the work permit) and the consulate (for the Non B Visa) must be colourful.

Edited by Fondles

You have it correct MM.

Not sure how the OP can get a work permit to run an exchange booth though as I reckon that will be a thai occupation only......... the paperwork presented to both the dept of labour (for the work permit) and the consulate (for the Non B Visa) must be colourful.

Agreed. The likelihood of obtaining a WP is low.

I should also mention to the OP, that, as I recall, the B-visa is only good for 1 month when you initially apply for the WP. If you don't get it in 1 month, you are without a visa and have to start all over. If you obtain the WP, then the visa is extended another 11 months.

This visa is not the same as the one Idefix used initially, as far as I know, though I am admittedly, no expert on visas and their ins and outs.

I am only speaking from my own experience of the system.

If he goes to HCMC in Vietnam he can get a one year Non-Imm B visa that can be stretched to last almost 18 months.

You have it correct MM.

i know russian woman arrested in exchange in phuket, then she went get passport and she had permit in it, so i guess u can do that...

We now know who bought that little currency exchange booth that was the subject of a lot of back and forth.

no one bought it, many interested no one money, so my gf keeps it, soon high seson....

no one bought it, many interested no one money, so my gf keeps it, soon high seson....

She looking to put you behind the glass? :D

She looking to put you behind the glass? :D

Its more about visa.

I help her around anyway.

Its her who changes i play laptop stay with her. Sometimes drive bike for her do something...

Its more about visa.

Its her who changes i play laptop stay with her. Sometimes drive bike for her do something...

Okay, earlier you said you got a good answer from Thaivisa board.

What did they tell you?

As you said, you are looking for a 1 year visa (of some sort), and not a work permit. Have you found a way to get one that doesn't involve too much lying?

i know russian woman arrested in exchange in phuket, then she went get passport and she had permit in it, so i guess u can do that...

No she did not have a work permit in her passport, A visa probably but a work permit most definately not.

No.

Its complicated

Cant get visa without work permit...

So i forget it for now.

May b future my gf will register her staff so i can apply through her company..

I got my Non B multi entry visa without a work permit, as do all other farangs now employed at my work.

Maybe stop trying to go down the dodgy routes and man up and get the proper legit paperwork..... it is not rocket science.

Its more about visa.

I reckon an education visa is just perfect for you, it will provide a 12 month visa and as a bonus you will learn the Thai language...

Edited by Fondles
  • Upvote 1

No.

Its complicated

Cant get visa without work permit...

So i forget it for now.

May b future my gf will register her staff so i can apply through her company..

I got my Non B multi entry visa without a work permit, as do all other farangs now employed at my work.

Maybe stop trying to go down the dodgy routes and man up and get the proper legit paperwork..... it is not rocket science.

I dont want it doggy. My gf will yak yak if i mention anything doggy.

So can u give me some details on it please.

Now u confussed as most of guys says u need wp and b visa together...

Thx

Its more about visa.

I reckon an education visa is just perfect for you, it will provide a 12 month visa and as a bonus you will learn the Thai language...

I know edu visas its ok

How about they test ur lanfuage skills?

I still got 2 more entries on my tourist visa. then probabely get anotjer tourist but in mean time want learn about b visas.

Like i said gd got company got thai staff etc.. she might help me tho. ..

i know russian woman arrested in exchange in phuket,  then she went get passport and she had permit in it, so i guess u can do that...

No she did not have a work permit in her passport, A visa probably but a work permit most definately not.

I mean she had wp at all