Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Google lists FLB Bar as #1 bar in Pattaya

Absolutely. Google sends representatives to every business shown in their search results.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I met one of the Google reps in FLB. He gave the FLB girls high marks for GFE, but was a bit disappointed in the bar's men's toilet.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

Absolutely. Google sends representatives to every business shown in their search results.

I met one of the Google reps in FLB.  He gave the FLB girls high marks for GFE, but was a bit disappointed in the bar's men's toilet.

Evil

He didn't mention it to me. Apparently it affected FLB's placement tho

I always found the toilet to be basic but clean.

We were one of the first, if not the first, bar on Walking Street too install paper towels rather than reusable dirty cloth towels or those useless air hand dryers.

The toilets flush (usually) and they're clean...good enough for me.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anybody from Google does that ,I bet some one connceted W/ the FL bar posted something an Google picked up on it.

Aw come on. Don't be such a cynic.

Don't you guys know anything about google? :clueless

They have developed software that tracks what you look at on your computer.That data then feeds into their advertiser base and then ads are tailored to your current interests. Those ads will then appear on many of the web pages you visit as long as the site owners are using google ads on their site as a revenue earner and/or google has arranged it with them.

As an eg. Several weeks ago I was searching for topsoil to make over a yard.I searched on a site here called "gumtree" For the next two weeks guess what appeared on at least half the site I visited? Yah- gumtree ads for topsoil.

I will be in indonesian and thailand soon so have been searching for accom in both on agoda in particular .Guess what is appearing -correct, ads for agoda.

try it yourself, regularly search for something over a few days then note the tailored ads that start appearing on your websites related to your searches.

I met one of the Google reps in FLB. He gave the FLB girls high marks for GFE, but was a bit disappointed in the bar's men's toilet.

Evil

I'm surprised someone from Google in FLB would admit to working at Google with that "Don't be evil" corporate motto. I even wonder if having your picture taken in "such an establishment" with a Google shirt on could be grounds for dismissal.

Of course, Google employees go to Pattaya. Last time I was there, I saw a bar girl wearing a woman's Google shirt. I suspect it was a gift from a Google employee as it looked to be the real deal. Also, I saw someone a guy at Roxy wearing a YouTube shirt that I suspect works at Google.

Sorry, I just realized this was tongue in cheek.

And for the record, I think the men's toilet is adequate.

Edited by BeerBelly

They have developed software that tracks what you look at on your computer.That data then feeds into their advertiser base and then ads are tailored to your current interests. Those ads will then appear on many of the web pages you visit as long as the site owners are using google ads on their site as a revenue earner and/or google has arranged it with them.

As an eg. Several weeks ago I was searching for topsoil to make over a yard.I searched on a site here called "gumtree" For the next two weeks guess what appeared on at least half the site I visited? Yah- gumtree ads for topsoil.

I will be in indonesian and thailand soon so have been searching for accom in both on agoda in particular .Guess what is appearing -correct, ads for agoda.

try it yourself, regularly search for something over a few days then note the tailored ads that start appearing on your websites related to your searches.

Yes, it's the same with Youtube which is 'owned' by Google. Starting to piss me off now. Think I will look at using a different Search Engine.

I tried "bars, pattaya, thailand" and got:

A ) Centara

B ) Billabong

C ) FLB

EDIT, because a B with a ) after it comes up with a smiley.

Edited by tko

Yes, they use your search history and tracking cookies to help determine what ads to show you. It is annoying to see the same agoda ad everywhere. But what really pissed me off was when I went to one site that had an interstitial survey with no close button, but a "powered by Google" bit. So I finally installed an ad blocker on my browser and never looked back.

You can go to the Ads Preferences Manager and opt-out at the bottom. But I'm not sure if this will change much because it looks like you only opt out of "interest" based ads.

http://www.google.com/ads/preferences