Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

World Cup, want to watch in Pattaya

Jeez, I hope we don't have to go to war with the Zulus again!

We will be fighting grass skirts and tartan skirts!

"Don't 'fro…. bloody.. claymores... at me"….

Edited by atlas2
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am glad the two threads about the Wold Cup in Brazil have finally started. A bit of harmless banter is fine, but so far there has been too much of it, instead of discussing what will or could happe

Just like the previous WC, they are still pissing around trying to decide who will be transmitting the games. Since Scotland have decided to opt out, I still have to decide on a team to follow - I mi

You have to remember, the Scots have many years of experience of not supporting England during the World Cup. Developed from many years more of not supporting Scotland.

Posted Images

Jeez, I hope we don't have to go to war with the Zulus again!

We will be fighting grass skirts and tartan skirts!

We? You need to ask Bushcraft to give you a bit of a history lesson. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom

Andrew Murray is famous in England for his retort that he would like anybody but England to win the (last?) World Cup. At a stroke that no doubt alienated hundreds of thousands of potential supporters in England (incl. yours truly, who lost all interest in him thereafter) who thought that a Briton was actually kith and kin to them.

For all his prowess at knocking a ball over a net, that comment was one of a narrow-minded, callow provincial.

It's divisive, and division is not what made the UK great in its day, or will in the future.

Andrew Murray is famous in England for his retort that he would like anybody but England to win the (last?) World Cup. At a stroke that no doubt alienated hundreds of thousands of potential supporters in England (incl. yours truly, who lost all interest in him thereafter) who thought that a Briton was actually kith and kin to them.

For all his prowess at knocking a ball over a net, that comment was one of a narrow-minded, callow provincial.

Dearie me! All that hate wasted for no reason at all. LOL. Did you read it in Littlejohn's Daily Mail column. :bhappy

It's divisive, and division is not what made the UK great in its day, or will in the future.

It was banter ... the same banter that takes place everyday within the ranks of our servicemen, and has done so for many years. Of all the BMs, I would've expected you to realise that.

Edited by CheshireTom

Dearie me! All that hate wasted for no reason at all.

It was banter ... the same banter that takes place everyday within the ranks of our servicemen, and has done so for many years. Of all the BMs, I would've expected you to realise that.

Where's the hate??

As for recognizing banter?

'Hello kettle ……..you're black.'

I for one have no interest in your claimed 'indifference' …Don't believe it mind…... but who cares?

Where's the hate??

As for recognizing banter?

'Hello kettle ……..you're black.'

I for one have no interest in your claimed 'indifference' …Don't believe it mind…... but who cares?

Quite. :thumbup

Back to the OP - what are the arrangements/options for watching the games for anyone in Pattaya at the time?

Well, as I said …..'Walcott is out.' It's a shame as I think he was maturing into his pomp this season. I think this weakens our….(England's)…..chances. Maybe it simplifies things for the manager.

Blatter's having the conniptions over Brazil's preparedness to stage it all……….I expect things to come together in time and the Brazilians themselves to get behind the competition. However, woe-betide Brazil should have a bad tournament. That would be a disaster. The countries that 'did'nee' qualify might then count themselves lucky.

Edited by atlas2

Jacko was joking boy'yo

And he was looking for an argument.........what's new?

All I can say is, if ever Celtic got to the final of the Europa League against a non-English side, I would gladly support them.

Am I still joking?

Edited by jacko

All I can say is, if ever Celtic got to the final of the Europa League against a non-English side, I would gladly support them.

Am I still joking?

I don't think you're joking…….. Time for my dip.

You need to re-read the thread to see who was looking for an argument. :thumbup

Am I still joking?

Why the second conditional? We're not talking about Bolton Wanderers.

As it is, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I've travelled to more European games to support English teams than you, atlas2 and Bushcraft combined. And I didn't need to wait until they reached any final.

As for Celtic, someone would have to point out to you which team they were.

Only joking.

You need to re-read the thread to see who was looking for an argument. :thumbup

Why the second conditional? We're not talking about Bolton Wanderers.

As it is, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I've travelled to more European games to support English teams than you, atlas2 and Bushcraft combined. And I didn't need to wait until they reached any final.

As for Celtic, someone would have to point out to you which team they were.

Only joking.

Yes, you have the T-Shirt and the medal I am sure.

medal.jpg

Only joking. :thumbup

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

Only joking.

So you're a well-travelled fan of English football teams (with the medal to prove it), but you won't be supporting England.

Out of ……..'indifference' you say… OK. :thumbup

Edited by atlas2

So you're a well-travelled fan of English football teams (with the medal to prove it), but you won't be supporting England.

Out of ……..'indifference' you say… OK. :thumbup

Obviously ... Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Nicol, Wark, Gillespie, McGovern, Gemmill, Burns, O'Hare, Robertson, Frankie Gray, Evans, McNaught, Des Bremner, Andy Blair .... great stuff! Heaven only knows why you would expect me to support the English national team though. Deluded, or what? :clueless

Edited by CheshireTom

Yes, you have the T-Shirt and the medal I am sure.

Don't worry. I'm fully aware that you spent your formative years in that small corner of England that still clings to the notion that Bernard Manning was a comedian rather than the big, fat bigot that he really was. Obviously those perceptions rub off on folk. The fact that you are even now unable to distinguish between humour and good, old fashioned-bigotry doesn't really bother me. To be truthful, I find that it kind of suits you.

BTW, for a so-called Mod, you don't set a very good example to other BMs.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't worry. I'm fully aware that you spent your formative years in that small corner of England that still clings to the notion that Bernard Manning was a comedian rather than the big, fat bigot that he really was. Obviously those perceptions rub off on folk. The fact that you are now unable to distinguish between humour and good, old fashioned-bigotry doesn't really bother me. To be truthful, I find that it kind of suits you.

You seem to be in a foul mood over these last few weeks, you used to post something worth reading, now its about as useful as Gabor.

FWIW, I too would support Scotland if they make it to any where in the playoffs - why not. Its all just a bit of fun

Edited by bigmick
  • Upvote 1

I wish I could say the same about you. Unfortunately, I can't. :ninja:

Oh dear, you really have turned out bitter, did you not get your dick sucked or something? You have been having a pop at just about anyone and everyone just lately. Try not to become Papillion - it just don't suit you.

What an angry old man you have become.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh dear, you really have turned out bitter, did you not get your dick sucked or something? You have been having a pop at just about anyone and everyone just lately. Try not to become Papillion - it just don't suit you.

What an angry old man you have become.

If you have a 'pop' at me, I'll give it back with interest. Haven't you managed to suss that out? By all means have a go, but, FFS, don't start bleating when it evokes a response. :bhappy

Obviously ... Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Nicol, Wark, Gillespie, McGovern, Gemmill, Burns, O'Hare, Robertson, Frankie Gray, Evans, McNaught, Des Bremner, Andy Blair .... great stuff! Heaven only knows why you would expect me to support the English national team though. Deluded, or what? :clueless

Some truly great players there and being Scottish wouldn't make me 'indifferent' to them and want, (out of jealousy or spite) to ignore, rather than appreciate their skills.

It's not been since... 1998 that Scotland had a team in the finals and that's a pity. A result I suppose of the number of 'ready made' buy-ins squeezing out our home grown players from the Premiere league. Whereas in the past Scottish, Irish and Welsh players abounded in the top flight of the old First Division, nowadays there ain't much representation from any of our home nations. Without that chance a lot of British talent, that may have been nurtured has been wasted.

We can argue to the cows come home about that. Many fans I talk to don't care about country anymore. It's all about Chelsea or Man U. They are happy to pay the wages of foreign 'mercenaries' with no roots or allegiance to the club if they can have the bragging rights on a Saturday night.

West ham was always my team but now Southampton's policy of bringing home talent on has me rooting for them. They are doing something right and I applaud them for it.

It may well be that no home nation will ever bring the 'World Cup' back to the shores where the game was first codified and played. That's probably a certainty in what's left of our lifetimes.

To your thread……..'40 Reasons why I won't be supporting England Next Summer" You can add your so-called 'indifference' and make it 41.

As Bushcraft said………It's a pity.

Just joeking :thumbup

To your thread……..'40 Reasons why I won't be supporting England Next Summer" You can add your so-called 'indifference' and make it 41.

Don't forget 'la Marseillaise' ... 42. :thumbup

Anyway, I apologise that my intention to follow Colombia in the World Cup upset you so much.

Only joking. I'm going with France ... :bhappy

Edited by CheshireTom

If you have a 'pop' at me, I'll give it back with interest. Haven't you managed to suss that out? By all means have a go, but, FFS, don't start bleating when it evokes a response. :bhappy

I was not having a pop at you, just noticed you are talking like a cunt.

You are talking shite and having a dig at just about anyone of late and if you carry that on FFS don't start bleating when it evokes a response.

You seem to be in a very bad mood of late. :ninja:

Edited by bigmick

Don't worry. I'm fully aware that you spent your formative years in that small corner of England that still clings to the notion that Bernard Manning was a comedian rather than the big, fat bigot that he really was. Obviously those perceptions rub off on folk. The fact that you are even now unable to distinguish between humour and good, old fashioned-bigotry doesn't really bother me. To be truthful, I find that it kind of suits you.

Look, I'm going to leave this here before MM closes us down……… Jacko, because he's a mod can't defend himself.

Out of the blue you make an unfair and arbitrary association between Jacko, Bernard Manning and bigotry.

I call foul on you.

Here's some bigotry If you want some……. As Bushcraft said……."It's a pity'

Boy, 7, attacked in Scotland for wearing England shirt

A seven-year-old football fan punched in the head by a racist thug because he was wearing an England top vowed today to continue to support his soccer heroes.

Hugo Clapshaw was enjoying a kick-around with his father in Edinburgh at the weekend when a man shouted abuse and lashed out with his fists.

Lothian and Borders Police today branded the attack "cowardly and pathetic" and Scottish politicians joined in the condemnation.

His father, Damon Clapshaw, a 34-year-old finance worker originally from New Zealand who now lives in Edinburgh, said: "Hugo decided to support England as there wasn't really much choice.

"He might decide next week to support Argentina, it's not about race, he's just a kid.

"But he's not going to let this mindless thug put him off supporting England."

The incident happened on Saturday afternoon in Inverleith park as Hugo, his father, mother Kirsty, 35, sister Lily, four, and seven-month-old Skye enjoyed a family day out.

Out of the blue, the man ran towards Hugo, who was on his scooter, and punched him. Mr Clapshaw confronted the man but he too was punched to the ground and kicked. A passing motorist screamed from her car and the man ran off.

Hugo told the Scottish Sun newspaper: "The man whacked me very hard. He was a lot bigger than me. I am still going to wear the top. My mum bought it for me because I'm supporting England."

Mr Clapshaw added: "I couldn't believe this was happening, in broad daylight. Hugo was in floods of tears and was in a lot of pain.

"I challenged the guy and asked him what it was all about but he turned on me as I walked away. I thought he wasn't going to stop and that maybe he was going to stab me."

He said the man shouted "This is Scotland, not f***** England" after the attack.

"We still love Scotland and we're not going to let this spoil things but it is the last thing we expected to happen on a family day out."

A police spokesman said they were investigating the "cowardly and pathetic" attack.

He added: "We will not be advising people not to wear England shirts."

Meanwhile, police in Aberdeen were hunting a man who attacked a disabled driver because he was wearing an England shirt and flying a St George's Cross from his car.

Ian Smith was sitting in his car on Aberdeen's Anderson Road waiting to pick up a friend's child from school when he was attacked.

Mr Smith, who is originally from Peterborough, is registered disabled.

He was left with a badly-bruised right eye and double vision as a result of the unprovoked assault at about 3pm yesterday.

The 41-year-old told the Press and Journal newspaper: "He just came up to the car and started giving me a load of abuse about supporting England.

"I told him there was no need for all this bigotry because it's only football but he grabbed the flag, snapped it in half and then pulled me out of the car and threw me to the ground.

"I've lived in Aberdeen for years but this is the first time I've ever suffered a physical racist attack."

Aberdeen South MP Anne Begg was "sickened" by the attack.

She said: "Aberdeen is a dynamic, multi-cultural city which is known for being welcoming to all people. It's very upsetting that someone could attack another man purely for being English.

"In a city where we have a very popular English Lord Provost, I am quite sure others in Aberdeen will be absolutely disgusted."

Scottish Tory leader Annabel Goldie said: "These are appalling incidents - indicative of the worst traits of narrow-minded thuggery, which every self-respecting Scot should condemn outright.

"Scotland is made up of tolerant, kindly, open-minded people and it beholds all of us, in word and deed, to represent our country positively."

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Look, I'm going to leave this here before MM closes us down……… Jacko, because he's a mod can't defend himself.

Out of the blue you make an unfair and arbitrary association between Jacko, Bernard manning and bigotry.

I call foul on you.

LOL. If he chooses to dish it out, he'll get it back with interest - just ask MadMick.

Boy, 7, attacked in Scotland for wearing England shirt

A seven-year-old football fan punched in the head by a racist thug because he was wearing an England top vowed today to continue to support his soccer heroes.

Hugo Clapshaw was enjoying a kick-around with his father in Edinburgh at the weekend when a man shouted abuse and lashed out with his fists.

Lothian and Borders Police today branded the attack "cowardly and pathetic" and Scottish politicians joined in the condemnation.

His father, Damon Clapshaw, a 34-year-old finance worker originally from New Zealand who now lives in Edinburgh, said: "Hugo decided to support England as there wasn't really much choice.

"He might decide next week to support Argentina, it's not about race, he's just a kid.

"But he's not going to let this mindless thug put him off supporting England."

The incident happened on Saturday afternoon in Inverleith park as Hugo, his father, mother Kirsty, 35, sister Lily, four, and seven-month-old Skye enjoyed a family day out.

Out of the blue, the man ran towards Hugo, who was on his scooter, and punched him. Mr Clapshaw confronted the man but he too was punched to the ground and kicked. A passing motorist screamed from her car and the man ran off.

Hugo told the Scottish Sun newspaper: "The man whacked me very hard. He was a lot bigger than me. I am still going to wear the top. My mum bought it for me because I'm supporting England."

Mr Clapshaw added: "I couldn't believe this was happening, in broad daylight. Hugo was in floods of tears and was in a lot of pain.

"I challenged the guy and asked him what it was all about but he turned on me as I walked away. I thought he wasn't going to stop and that maybe he was going to stab me."

He said the man shouted "This is Scotland, not f***** England" after the attack.

"We still love Scotland and we're not going to let this spoil things but it is the last thing we expected to happen on a family day out."

A police spokesman said they were investigating the "cowardly and pathetic" attack.

He added: "We will not be advising people not to wear England shirts."

Meanwhile, police in Aberdeen were hunting a man who attacked a disabled driver because he was wearing an England shirt and flying a St George's Cross from his car.

Ian Smith was sitting in his car on Aberdeen's Anderson Road waiting to pick up a friend's child from school when he was attacked.

Mr Smith, who is originally from Peterborough, is registered disabled.

He was left with a badly-bruised right eye and double vision as a result of the unprovoked assault at about 3pm yesterday.

The 41-year-old told the Press and Journal newspaper: "He just came up to the car and started giving me a load of abuse about supporting England.

"I told him there was no need for all this bigotry because it's only football but he grabbed the flag, snapped it in half and then pulled me out of the car and threw me to the ground.

"I've lived in Aberdeen for years but this is the first time I've ever suffered a physical racist attack."

Aberdeen South MP Anne Begg was "sickened" by the attack.

She said: "Aberdeen is a dynamic, multi-cultural city which is known for being welcoming to all people. It's very upsetting that someone could attack another man purely for being English.

"In a city where we have a very popular English Lord Provost, I am quite sure others in Aberdeen will be absolutely disgusted."

Scottish Tory leader Annabel Goldie said: "These are appalling incidents - indicative of the worst traits of narrow-minded thuggery, which every self-respecting Scot should condemn outright.

"Scotland is made up of tolerant, kindly, open-minded people and it beholds all of us, in word and deed, to represent our country positively."

Prime Minister Tony Blair also condemned the attack.

Speaking at Commons Question Time today, Labour's Anne Begg, MP for Aberdeen South, invited the Prime Minister to join the "vast majority" of Scots in condemning the wanton violence against Mr Smith.

Mr Blair said: "I am sure everybody condemns what was an appalling and totally unjustifiable attack."

But he also emphasised: "In fairness to the football fans from England as well, the vast

majority of them behave extremely well.

"I think the way that this present World Cup is being conducted is absolutely excellent and is a great tribute not just to the German authorities who are conducting it and in charge of it, but to the English fans who have travelled there.

There you go. #43. A good reason not to wear an England shirt if ever one was needed. I dread what to think would have happened if he was wearing a Colombian or French shirt and you were in the vicinity. On the evidence of this thread, probably much the same. As you pointed out - a complete and utter bigot thinking he could tell someone what sports top he should choose to wear. :ninja:

Do you wear an England footie shirt in Pattaya?

Edited by CheshireTom