Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Brooklyn Diner on Soi BuaKhao - UPDATED Jan. 12, 2015

Attention!

From today, we will start the renovation and redecoration of the premise!
We will completely rebuild the restaurant room, make some improvements in the kitchen, and redo the front and the signage!

In the next (probably about 3) weeks we will be open daily only from 2pm to 3 AM, for deliveries and take-always only!

We will have to close the kitchen completely for 2 or 3 days during this process, I will announce this period a day or two in advance!

We will also use this time to work on recipes and routines with the chefs and service, and redo our menu.
Once we reopen fully, we will extend our opening times to 9 AM and also offer breakfasts!

Stay tuned!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Brooklyn Diner serves up pizza, burgers, pasta and other familiar Western fare, plus some Thai food. It's located on Soi BuaKhao across from the entrance to Soi LK Metro.     It's not a la

A brief update. Last night I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries at 210 baht. It was very good, no complaints on my part.     Two beef patties,cheddar cheese and good-sized portion of back ba

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.   My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.   I shared my opinion like so many o

Posted Images

Update:

We have just now decided to speed up the renovation process. To make this possible, Brooklyn Diner will stay closed until Friday, May 23rd. We will take delivery and take-away orders from then on. Our builder estimates that we can reopen in full before the end of the month!

• 3 weeks later...
The Brooklyn Diner is easing back into operation after several weeks of renovation. It's still not up to full speed, but the owner introduced his new menu at a "soft start" last night.

IMG_9673.jpg

I had the pork schnitzel and it was huge as well as delicious.

IMG_9675.jpg

Flavorful pork had been pounded to the right thickness, then breaded and fried correctly.

IMG_9676.jpg

The fried potatoes were also very good, accented by bacon and onions.

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9678A.jpg

The schnitzel cost 200 baht. With a SML and by using the BD discount card, the entire meal cost 255 baht.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 3

Was the pork moist and not dry? I had the wiener shnitzel last time and it was a bit overdone and dry. I spoke to SunnyV about it, and he said he'd look into it.

Based on your report, it sounds as if it's what it should be now.!

Composed on a mobile phone.

The pork was moist and not dry, one of the better schnitzels I've had in Pattaya. But it's not a classic wiener schnitzel, as a wiener schnitzel should be veal, not pork.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

The pork was moist and not dry, one of the better schnitzels I've had in Pattaya. But it's not a classic wiener schnitzel, as a wiener schnitzel should be veal, not pork.

Evil

What was the name of the breaded pork dish you ordered on the menu?

What was the name of the breaded pork dish you ordered on the menu?

I'd have to check the exact wording, but I believe it was called a pork schnitzel on the menu.

Evil

• Upvote 2

Ok, being from Vienna myself, I can confirm the classic Wiener Schnitzel is veal, not pork.

But:

Even in Vienna you will have a hard time finding some original veal Wiener Schnitzel. Apart from a few traditional eateries and some Gault-Milleau approved temples you will get pork pretty much everywhere when you order a Wiener Schnitzel.

We had a bit of trouble with our chefs understanding of the preparation but I think that this issue is resolved by now.

We now also offer fried potatoes or traditional potato salad to go with it, and of course French fries.

If not, well, then I will either have to fly them into Vienna for a crash course or take the item off the menu.

Edited by SunnyValentine
  • Upvote 2

Oh I wish you guys did it with a light brown gravy.

Sorry, but any sauce or gravy with Wiener Schnitzel is considered a sacrilege, and would have landed you in prison during the days of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy!

• Upvote 4

It does look very good now. I'll be giving it another try at the first opportunity.

Sorry, but any sauce or gravy with Wiener Schnitzel is considered a sacrilege, and would have landed you in prison during the days of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy!

Lucky for me I was born in 1950

However, my mother for Danzig - now Gdanks - and her sister made it with the best gravy you can imagine.

However, I will come for your fare on my next trip gravy or not!!!!!!!!!

Edited by midlifecrisis

Ok, being from Vienna myself, I can confirm the classic Wiener Schnitzel is veal, not pork.

But: Even in Vienna you will have a hard time finding some original veal Wiener Schnitzel.

Probably because people choose not to eat veal because of the precieved cruelty associated with it. I agree with them.

• Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Just to add to this thread. I stopped in yesterday looking for a light meal but decided to have breakfast. I wasnt 100% fit and having my meal indoors was a rare change. I decided to have the breakfast and this turned out to be a good choice. Two well fried eggs, two sausages, two good bacon rashers, beans and a tomato. I also was given at the outset orange juice, coffee and two slices of toast. All this and well cooked for 99 baht has to place this in the Best breakfast in Pattaya category.

The only mild criticisms that I have to offer are:

Fix the table facing the door as it rocks like a seesaw.

Perhaps serve the toast with the meal and have it all hot together.

The butter was rock solid and un-spreadable for five minutes.

These are all very small suggestions when put against the quality of the meal.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Teelak.

Our builder promised me to fix this table issue the day I left for the Philippines. Oh well, seems I have to remind him ... So this might take another week then as I hate the idea of him getting something wrong while I am away ... Even the little things have a tendency to either take forever or fcuked up in Thailand.

Was the toast cold when served? Have to look into this matter then.

And the Butter thing embarrases me as this is one of my pet hates in so many places. There is a fix for it, I just have to hammer it into my staff's minds.

But I am glad you liked the Breakfast and hope that you will visit us again and sample the other offers ...

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't beat yourself up over the toast issue.

It is a very common, almost obligatory, to get the toast and rock hard butter slapped in-front of you well ahead of the eggs and bacey.

Later, when you try and make a butty this dry cold toast will turn to powder.

You have to put it under the beans for a spell.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over the toast issue.

It is a very common, almost obligatory, to get the toast and rock hard butter slapped in-front of you well ahead of the eggs and bacey.

Later, when you try and make a butty this dry cold toast will turn to powder.

You have to put it under the beans for a spell.

LOL...........Promise not to beat myself up about these issues. :bhappy

After glowing reviews of this place, I stopped in for a bite just a few hours ago. The décor was nice, staff helpful.

I ordered a peperoni pizza to try after glowing reports of how good their Pizza's are but to be honest it was a big fail. 7 pieces of peperoni on top meant that the main ingredient did not even cover 30% and was sliced so thinly, well I believe you would see daylight through it if you held it up to the light.

My rating out of 10.......3

I had great expectations but was totally let down and would NOT recommend this place sadly.

Maybe being an Aussie I am not used to American Style pizza but sadly I have to admit the Pizza Hut peperoni I had in Australia was better than here and Pizza Hut rank as one of the worst pizza's in Australia.

I am going to the Wok and Rock later and hope they are as good as reported

cheers

Rodney

• Upvote 2

Maybe being an Aussie I am not used to American Style pizza but sadly I have to admit the Pizza Hut peperoni I had in Australia was better than here and Pizza Hut rank as one of the worst pizza's in Australia.

heers

Rodney

Pizza Hut serves a piss poor pizza in America.

Pizza Hut serves a piss poor pizza in America.

And in Australia too I guess!.

That's why I mentioned it, to give you something to compare it with as everyone has a different idea of what a good Pizza is so if you don't like Pizza Hut, then you will definitely not enjoy the pizza at Brooklyn Diner

cheers

Rodney

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

Rest assured I will follow up the issue with our Manager and Chef upon my return.

We have recently changed the salami and Peperoni to a different, in my view and the view of others, more tasty brand, which is also cut thinner. But I made it clear that the thinness is to be compensated with more slices.

Hope you give it another try, we really aim to please our customers!