Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 PM tonight Columbia versus Greece. I hope Greece wins that game.

2 AM Uruguay versus Costa Rica. I hope Costa Rica gets up.

5 AM England versus Italy. I wish England well. :thumbup

8AM Japan versus Ivory Coast. I think Japan will be too strong, but the African team cannot be written off either.

I might have an early night tonight and set the alarm clock to watch England play. They can beat Italy, another dirty team like Uruguay, always trying to win by any foul means. :angry2

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Group of death lol. Try group G for a real challenge.   Looks like the lowest ranked team will win the group.

Hi,   The World Cup is in a very glamorous setting this year, Brazil. I’m sure some on here find Brazilian women almost as hot as our Thai ladies so there are a few reasons to go if one has the mone

Saintly Mrs Gonzo was smart enough to have a good sleep last night instead of watching the poor games shown. She seems to know more about football than I do. One thing is for sure, if it would not hav

Posted Images

It all comes at once…….The Rugby from 2pm….US Open and world cup football all night.

My body clock will soon be out of kilter. It will only get worse when we fly to Australia early next month. At least I can watch the remaining games of the world cup there in a more relaxed and a more familiar environment. :smile:

Hi,

Great performance from the Dutch. Nice to see them revert to playing football. Mexico overcame some bad officiating, lets hope the good refs are ut in force when we get to the round of 16.

Top class game so far between two evenly matched teams. Two incredibly good goals from Marchiso (35.min) and Sturridge after a pass from Rooney a couple of minutes later.

Ah well England typecast as the plucky losers while those swarthy Italians get to shag the cheerleaders!

Funnily enough it's a game I will watch again, even knowing the score and still find enough good stuff from England to enjoy and give me more bloody hope.

Pirlo…….(Hope I spelt that right) was great, but it was Sterling that stole the show. Come on England we can still go through and Italy can still go home. Everything to play for……..

Come on England we can still go through

Not on that performance and Italy are not even that good. I think England will lose to Costa Rica and possibly draw or lose to Uruguay if Suarez is playing and fit. I see them going home very soon,just not good enough.

Don't be so negative, mate. England deserved a draw against a very good Italian team, in my opinion. Going by today's performance, Italy will beat Uruguay and Costa Rica and will go through to the last 16.

Don't be so negative, mate. England deserved a draw against a very good Italian team, in my opinion. Going by today's performance, Italy will beat Uruguay and Costa Rica and will go through to the last 16.

I thought Costa Rica looked pretty good but then again Uruguay were poor so maybe that was it. I expect Italy to go thru not too sure who else will. I have been sat here watching the pundits go over the England game,it's all very depressing trying to paint a positive picture on a defeat.

Not on that performance and Italy are not even that good. I think England will lose to Costa Rica and possibly draw or lose to Uruguay if Suarez is playing and fit. I see them going home very soon,just not good enough.

II have been sat here watching the pundits go over the England game,it's all very depressing trying to paint a positive picture on a defeat.

'You must start with a positive attitude or you will surely end without one'.

Being positive takes about the same amount of effort as being negative…….You should try it.

I promised myself to only to watch the England-Italy game last night. Like an alcoholic I had to watch the lot, all of the four games. Now after a bit of a sleep I feel like I have been on the piss. I will watch the first game at 11PM tonight only, the Switzerland -Ecuador match. I promise.

I enjoyed the Japan- Ivory Coast game this morning. Japan played the better game and led 1 to 0 until the great man Drogba (ex Chelsea) came on in the 60th minute and turned the game around. Ivory Coast scored two quick goals and won 2 to 1. Great stuff. :thumbup

• Upvote 1

I feel the same……… I'm off 'up the wooden hills to Bedforshire' after Game of Thrones. I'll catch up on the matches tomorrow.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Ivory Coast looked good against Japan. They have 3 really top class players which was not always the case. England can do well in the Euros if they bring all the young players in now. Lampard and Gerrard have been great players but its time for Lalanna and the young guys now. Sterling and Sturridge proved the point. BTW, Robben was brilliant the other night, another player Jose got rid of !

• Upvote 1

Ivory Coast looked good against Japan. They have 3 really top class players which was not always the case. England can do well in the Euros if they bring all the young players in now. Lampard and Gerrard have been great players but its time for Lalanna and the young guys now. Sterling and Sturridge proved the point. BTW, Robben was brilliant the other night, another player Jose got rid of !

Robben signed another contract with Bayern a couple of weeks ago, which ties him to the club for another three years. He is happy playing and living in Munich and so is Bayern. Never mind missing that penalty in the Champions Cup Final against Chelsea a couple of years ago.

I watched Switzerland play Ecuador. The Swiss scored the winning goal (2 to 1) in the last seconds in extra time of the match. Amazing!

Now we are watching France playing Honduras. Mrs Gonzo is a bigger football fan than I. So much for my resolve to have an early night. :sosad

Robben signed another contract with Bayern a couple of weeks ago, which ties him to the club for another three years. He is happy playing and living in Munich and so is Bayern. Never mind missing that penalty in the Champions Cup Final against Chelsea a couple of years ago.

I watched Switzerland play Ecuador. The Swiss scored the winning goal (2 to 1) in the last seconds in extra time of the match. Amazing!

Now we are watching France playing Honduras. Mrs Gonzo is a bigger football fan than I. So much for my resolve to have an early night. :sosad

and Argentina to come. :thumbup

I'm in NYC right now and I'm a bit surprised how much World Cup fever there is. Seems like every Manhattan bar is offering WC specials and viewing parties. ABC was showing Switzerland vs Ecuador and France vs Honduras this afternoon instead of a baseball game or golf. ESPN is airing 43 matches and ESPN2 another 11. ESPN Radio will cover all the matches. The WC Final will be broadcast by ABC.

To be sure, there are a lot of immigrants in NYC from countries where WC football is hugely popular and they're probably the biggest enthusiasts. But even the plain-vanilla Joe Sixpack guys seem to be catching the fever. There's a lot of interest ahead of the USA-Ghana match on Monday, with all sports newscasts devoting time to it every night.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I'm in NYC right now and I'm a bit surprised how much World Cup fever there is. Seems like every Manhattan bar is offering WC specials and viewing parties. ABC was showing Switzerland vs Ecuador and France vs Honduras this afternoon instead of a baseball game or golf. ESPN is airing 43 matches and ESPN2 another 11. ESPN Radio will cover all the matches. The WC Final will be broadcast by ABC.

To be sure, there are a lot of immigrants in NYC from countries where WC football is hugely popular and they're probably the biggest enthusiasts. But even the plain-vanilla Joe Sixpack guys seem to be catching the fever. There's a lot of interest ahead of the USA-Ghana match on Monday, with all sports newscasts devoting time to it every night.

Evil

:devil

Hi Evil,It's great to hear that soccer is at long last recognized in the USA as the great sport it is. I am looking forward to the USA-Ghana match as well, played Tuesday morning at 5AM Thailand time. The USA have a strong side, coached by Jürgen Klinsman, who played for Germany, when they won the 1990 World Cup, beating Argentina in the final. I am now getting ready to watch Argentina play Bosnia in Rio this Monday morning here in Jomtien on Thai BTV. Cheers

Well thank God that the Argentina coach brought on Messi in the second half. :thumbup

Silly me thought Lionel Messi played right from the start. :clueless Bosnia played surprisingly well and matched it with Argentina in every department. They were unfortunate with that own goal after 3 minutes. At times I thought Bosnia played better than Argentina. Except from that one very good goal, Messi never achieved much against the good Bosnian defence. They were good in attack also, but were denied by the very good Argentinian goalie. Argentina can count themselves lucky to have won that game 2:1

I thought France looked very pedestrian in their 3:0 win against a weak Honduras, especially after they had a player sent off with France getting a penalty as well.

I'm planning to watch The Germany Vs Portugal and the USA game tonight. Got a ST round shortly and a commitment early evening then I'll get some zzzs……...

I want the USA to win their game and although I like watching Germany play it would be nice if they were put on the back-foot tonight.

I'm planning to watch The Germany Vs Portugal and the USA game tonight. Got a ST round shortly and a commitment early evening then I'll get some zzzs……...

I want the USA to win their game and although I like watching Germany play it would be nice if they were put on the back-foot tonight.

Gonna be a long night tonight...good idea about getting business taken care of early. My monger friend says he's dying to go out now.

Hi,

Hard for USA, Look at the clubs the Ghanain midfield play for. I'm having a small bet on Portugal as well on the Asian Handicap.

Please, don't put the mockers on Germany. :scared: