Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Did you see any gold shops? I hear that's the place to go to buy gold, though I can't see why since it sells for a standard price daily.

Did you see any gold shops? I hear that's the place to go to buy gold, though I can't see why since it sells for a standard price daily.

Now you come to mention it, i think i only saw about 3 gold shops in that area, 1 of them was packed with maybe 20-25 people in there buying, but im guessing that they might of been a chinese tour group.

Only gold bars sell for a standard price the jewelry always has a markup based on the design/workmanship.

Most of the gold ships in yaowarat are concentrated in one area. As you know the Thai Chinese control this trade

Most interesting place in that area is actually the Little India check it out next time

Yes, markup is typical...But why would one go there to buy gold over any local shop? Lower markup? That's usually not worth the trip to bkk.

Love the sounds and smells of Chinatown. Here's the Song Soem Roundabout, maybe 4 blocks from the China Gate. Immortalized in the movie Hangover Part 2 as the home of the drug-dealing monkey.

DSC_8577.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes, markup is typical...But why would one go there to buy gold over any local shop? Lower markup? That's usually not worth the trip to bkk.

Guess it depends on how much you are buying.

They will also have a better selection of designs

When selling back when you go to the same shop you will get more so many people like to buy in the established shops in Chinatown

• Upvote 1