Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A Country Fair......Fare....Fayre

They have these annual events in and around Pattaya, this one recently happened at my end of town. Quieter than it has been in the past, but making enough noise to make paying a visit an alternative to simply hearing it.

Free entrance and plenty parking.

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00096.JPG

Despite being banned in so many places, a cold one available here despite being on temple grounds.

One for me.....

DSC00097.JPG

The safest ride in town....

DSC00098.JPG

You have to catch these fish with a 'net' made of tissue paper..... not as easy as it looks. They haven't been fed and look exhausted, and 2 died in the plastic bag.

DSC00099.JPG

These guys were whizzez at the cork guns, knocking off tiny toy after tiny toy....... hold the stock so the end of the barrel is inches from the target! I think they were there to tempt you as they were at it a long time, perhaps given guns with more puff in them!

DSC00100.JPG

Freshly cooked quail it suggests... maybe.... not many mynah birds about lately. Hot roasted chestnuts, candy floss and many more Thai delicacies!

DSC00101.JPG

No happy ending here, and 250 baht for a body massage, ouch, they are strong these old girls!!!

DSC00102.JPG

After walking around, sit and watch the entertainment, and pay 10 baht to dance with one of the surprisingly appealing girls. A katoey for Gonzo too..... Chang on tap in 3 foot high dispensers delivered by a chunky chang like girl. Where are the pretty long legged Leo girls in short skirts?

DSC00105.JPG

And if driving in Pattaya doesn't do it for you, there were bumper cars too!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 3

Visited one of these in Bangkok near a airport hotel with a TG. Now to set the setting, I have to tell you that this particular TG will only ride a motorbike as a last resort because she fears them which everyone should.

Well, I talked her into riding a bumper car with me (she wouldn't ride one by herself). After that and telling her that I have a sports car and like to drive fast, she proclaimed that she will never ride in a car that I'm driving.

Question, if you wreck one of the go karts in Pattaya, do they expect you to pay for the repairs, or do they just cover that in the cost of the tickets?

They have these annual events in and around Pattaya, this one recently happened at my end of town. Quieter than it has been in the past, but making enough noise to make paying a visit an alternative to simply hearing it.

Is this the entertainment you are reduced to with the difficulty of getting into town now? :P

Is this the entertainment you are reduced to with the difficulty of getting into town now? :P

The sacrifices we guys have to make I suppose..... how was Ubon?

The sacrifices we guys have to make I suppose..... how was Ubon?

Haven't been for a while! The last trip was only drop off/return, back after one day of rest.

On my last trip there was one of these fairs going on up in Uttaradit for a week whilst we were there. Had to suffer getting dragged around it by MrsFiend on 4 nights, and on a couple of nights had something to eat off the food stalls and watch the entertainment whilst enjoying a couple of cold ones.