Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have a friend who is the GM of a small hotel in Pattaya. I stay at her hotel sometimes. She told me the best price was on Agoda and that she didn't have permission to even come close if I booked directly with the hotel. Seems odd but I always used them when booking that hotel.

I have a friend who is the GM of a small hotel in Pattaya. I stay at her hotel sometimes. She told me the best price was on Agoda and that she didn't have permission to even come close if I booked directly with the hotel. Seems odd but I always used them when booking that hotel.

I recall when checking into a soi 7/8 hotel listening to an Indian guy arguing with reception or cashier about the price being offered to him to extend his stay, complaining it was more than his current price. So he went off to use a computer and came back with a better price...Agoda.

Edited by jacko

An hour ago I decided to alter a booking I had made for June when I am travelling to Chang Mai. I decided to add to my booking by purchasing the breakfast in with my room rate. It is quite a saving but more to the point I want a reason to get my lazy ass out of bed in the mornings and get out and about.

I booked with Expedia and the great thing about this place is that the bookings can always be done toll free and in person with a real live agent. The initial booking was great and the change was just as good. All in all an excellent experience and all charged in my local currency. Within a minute or two the revised itinerary was on my computer awaiting a print job and transfer to some other email accounts for safe keeping.

I like the toll free, live person and local currency option and can recommend Expedia.

Booking com , lost my conformation Email ,

the customer support sent them to me within a few hours ,

That said they have a link on the site to find them instantly ,

a very easy site to use ,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Booking com , lost my conformation Email ,

the customer support sent them to me within a few hours ,

That said they have a link on the site to find them instantly ,

a very easy site to use ,

Joe

I am at the ibis Hua Hin. I called in on spec as I was tired driving up from Ranong in the rain. Reception wanted 1960 baht for one night, Hotels.com app on my phone gave UK £31 so I stood in reception and booked online. In seconds the receptionist had my booking on her computer and in minutes I was in my room.

The confirmation is shown on the app and I got a 10% discount for using my mobile. After every 10 night's you get a free night.

I post this to demonstrate that it works in 'real-time'

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

I am at the ibis Hua Hin. I called in on spec as I was tired driving up from Ranong in the rain. Reception wanted 1960 baht for one night, Hotels.com app on my phone gave UK £31 so I stood in reception and booked online. In seconds the receptionist had my booking on her computer and in minutes I was in my room.

The confirmation is shown on the app and I got a 10% discount for using my mobile. After every 10 night's you get a free night.

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

What a great lesson to us less than phone savvy people. I did recently mention that the rate on a booking site was a great deal less than on the hotels own booking site and I guess your experience underlines the fact that in this day and age rocking up to reception and expecting a great deal is a thing of the past.

Have posted this before , I too in Hua Hin had booked via Trivago however only one booking went through went we arrived wewanted two rooms, negating with desk was about double the Trivago price so we booked online at the hotel reception

Also booked Sabai Lodge via Asia rooms like one of the previous posters wrote was extending my stay and the room rate was about 120 baht a night more than i could get online , the manger couldn't match it. ( i just paid the extra, despite the manger informing me he was happy for me to use the computer to book online)

I have never agreed that dragging your luggage on a hot day to Hotel to Hotel negotiating room rates was the best way to ensure the cheapest rate.