Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Your Favourite Guest Friendly Pattaya Hotels???

It would be interesting to get as much feedback as possible on your Favourite/Guest Friendly Hotels in Pattaya?

Perhaps you would also share as to whether there is a Joiner fee for those hotels/ whether they require Guest Id's to be left at reception etc.

Also Hotels that you would most certainly not recommend for whatever reason?

Seeya all on the 23rd!

Good:  Penthouse on Pattayaland 2.  It's in the middle of the action when they aren't shut down for some bullshit reason.  ::) There are no rules - TGs, katoeys, animals, etc - and NO ID checks.

Bad:  Marriot at Royal Garden.  Is the joiner fee up to 800 baht now?  I forget but it's out there.

I have Stayed at the Pattaya Centre Hotel soi11 and also have stayed at Flipper house soi 7 . I recommend Flipper house by a mile over the Centre hotel as it took nearly 10 mins to get in the elevator as the Chinese tour groups would rush down for their breakfast and tours etc. Both hotels are guest freindly no probs at all .By the way I will be staying at the Eastiny Inn this time because I didn't book early enuff for Flipper house.

19 days to go

I've stayed at the Flipper House the last 4 times I visited.  Also stayed at the Eastiny Inn and Pattaya Center Hotel (over the 1999/2000 new year!).  

Dave, why don't you do a search of hotel reviews?

Dave,

The Residence Suites are definitely guest friendly as a lot of FLB Boardies will affirm. Never had any problems there and the maids will come whenever you ask to do the rooms.

Skipperk

Dave,

I have stayed at 3 places in Pattaya:

Penthouse - Great location but the noise can sometimes be a pain. Guest Friendly - of course.

Sabai Lodge - Near the Big C on 2nd Rd. Nice rooms, good value at between 800-900THB. Not a problem in terms of getting into town just THB10 for the baht bus. No guest problems.

Dusit Resort - Near the Big C. This is a 4 star hotel with good facilities. Guest Friendly - although since there are a lot of families you need to discrete. I am staying there next month at GBP39 a night for a double room - at Trailfinders.

Dave,

I have stayed at the Flipper Lodge on both my trips to Pattaya. I like the location to all the beerbars on Soi 8 and near the beach.  They are very guest friendly, and I like the way they log the girls ID. I tried to book there for March 31st, but they are full.

LeoTex

Last years I stayed at AA Hotel (near Beach Road). They did not even control the ID´s of the girls.

Last time I was at Flipper House (Soi 7) and they check the ID´s. I think this ID check policy is much safer for the guest.

Coming April I will be at Flipper House again.

I have stayed at the MARK-LAND Hotel on Soi 1 during 3 different trips to Pattaya over the last 3 years. In 2001, I stayed there for 1 month (November-December). My observations are as follows:

1) I found the price reasonable, for me. 1200 - 1300 Baht a night including a nice buffet breakfast. I don't mind paying a few hundred baht ($10 US) more for a clean quiet comfortable room

2) A large room with a balcony with an ocean view looking all the way down to the south of Pattaya

3) The maids were very nice and always kept me supplied with plenty of clean fresh towels for myself and the ladies that visited

4) The hotel, being at the north end of Pattaya, was very quiet

5) The hotel has a beautiful glassed in restaurant on the top, 27th floor, which is very impressive for an afternoon drink by yourself or a companion or two. This is also where the morning buffet is served and is very nice for starting off your day

6) The hotel has a nice clean swimming pool with a lovely ocean view on the 5th floor. The ladies have enjoyed this very much. The hotel also has an exercise room with free weights and other machines, a ping pong table, etc.

7) The hotel has a nice glass elevator. This was very impressive to several of the Thai ladies since they had never ridden in one

8) The constant Baht buses makes getting anyplace in south Pattaya just a couple of minutes away

9) The staff is very friendly and helpful

10) A well stocked refrigerator

11) Good quiet air conditioner

12) Nice size clean bathroom with a shower/tub

13) The beach is only the width of Beach Rd away

14) NEVER any hassels from the staff even if I have more than one companion with me going to my room. VERY GUEST FRIENDLY and no extra charge

15) A bank to change travelers check is not more than about 50 feet from the hotel so I get a bank exchange rate and not a hotel exchange rate

16) The hotel has it's own beauty salon where I can get a shave, shampoo and foot massage every day

17) Big C and the mall are right up the soi from the hotel so the walk is very convenient

I look forward to staying there again this year for another month (November-December 2002)

I am sorry that this adds little to the debate but I would like to firmly add my recommendation to both the Residence Suites and the Dusit.

PSP :)

I have just returned from Pattaya and can also recommend the Sabai Lodge on Soi 2, which was excellent, and the Cabin opposite Big C.

Had a bad experience in the Cholchan Pattaya Resort, and this lady was my fiancée, see hotel reviews.

Mike.

Guys

I am being offered a very good deal at Royal Palace Hotel on soi 2

Any experiences of quality and guest policy??

I don't ( won't) stay in any hotel if not guest friendly.

Daveuk100

Dave,

I'd go down the soi a little further and stay at Sabai Lodge.  I stayed there last trip and enjoyed it.  It's really quiet, now has 2 pools with the opening of the new wing, and a great restaurant.  It is inexpensive considering the quality of the hotel.  On top of that, there are no problems bringing back guests.  They have safe deposit boxes at the counter and are accessible 24-hours a day.

Try this link:  www.sabaicenter.com

You can send an email to Care and she'll email you back with costs.  If you are looking for certain features in your room - like a king bed instead of 2 twins pushed together - just ask her.

Echster

Thanks for answer. But I think I want to be nearer (walking or staggering) distance to walking street.

But it does look a good hotel so I'm not sure now.

Cheers

Dave

Not sure I follow you.  You say the Royal Palace Hotel is on Soi 2.  Well, so is the Sabai Lodge.  :)

If you want closer to Walking Street, check out the Penthouse.  It's definitely within walking or staggering distance to both FLB and Misty's.  ;D

You can also check out The Residence Suites or Residence Gardens.  It's closer to FLB than Misty's.  You can take advantage of the FLB Members' discount there.

Here are some links:

www.penthousehotel.com

www.theresidencegarden.com

www.theresidencesuites.com

Having decided to make a trip to LOS at short notice,i didnt book a room and got to Pattaya at 3 am and found a hotel called Day-Night so crashed there for 2 nights till i got my bearings, it was a dump and too far from the action,and they wanted 900 bht a night for the remainder of chinese new year,so went walkabout and found the diamond beach hotel right in the heart of South Pattaya just off walking street for 650 a night, A/C room service ect,it was great,well mantained,guest friendly and quite too,I readialy recommend it to anyone.

I've stayed in three(all 100% guest friendly):

Penthouse:  Good if you want to be right in the middle of the action.  The budget (

Dynasty Resort:  Excellent new rooms!  ABF included. Located on "the hill" so getting to/from the nightlife can be a pain(need to rent a baht bus each time).   Free transport from the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok to Pattaya.  This can almost pay for the first 2 nights, based on savings if you used a 1500b Thai Limo.  This is a great place to start so you can scout out local hotels to find the best for a longer stay.

Welcome Plaza:  Excellent value for the money (650b), large rooms (although not new), huge pool, right across from Pattayaland 2 - so you are always close to the action, but far enough away to minimise noise.   I stay there on all of my trips.  I have never needed a reservation - just walk up.  Negatives - no cable TV (but that's not why I am there)

I will investigate the FLB Residence gardens offer, but I really value the ability to be within walking distance to most of the the attractions - so I may end up at the WP again.

Zeus

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Just got Back from Pattaya I stayed at the Dusit

Bad News now for Guests

They Try and Sting you for 1000 Baht per guest but only

after 11pm. I refused to pay just kept my key on me and

walked on past reception.

• 11 years later...

Assuming we're talking about an actual hotel and not a guesthouse, I always liked the Sabai Lodge, although I haven't stayed there in a while and I'm not sure what kind of construction noise there would be in the area at this point. And if money were no object, there are all sorts of new hotels in Pattaya. The Hilton, for example, might be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Sabai fan but dont limit yourself to the Lodge. Do the homework on the Resort and the Inn. I also believe that the Empress is good as well. I have used tham for some years now and have aleways been guest friendly but they are also up front in wanting security with ID requirement until they know the girl and the guest and then its up to you.

I am partial to either the Sabai Group or The BJ Holiday Lodge....................I enjoy staying in that part of town - pleanty of beer bars if you do not feel like venturing to the LK or walking Street areas.