Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For as long as I can remember, Soi Chayapoon has been full of pot holes, which get filled and then reappear days later. At night there is no proper lighting especially once you get past the first few bars, coming from Buakao.

I understand that Chayapoon is privately owned and very little is spent on repairs. Some say it should be bulldozed and rebuilt. Maybe it should. I always think of it as the oldest Soi, because although business come and go there, it has changed little over the years. A few months ago, I was driving up there one night on the bike and it was fraught to say the least. All the way up there were holes in the road, or patches of sand and like a death trap.

I guess its not so bad if you are waking and the Seaside Restaurant still seem to be doing reasonable business, but as I drove further up the road toward 3rd Road, it got darker and darker till the end of the Soi. Quite a few new massage places on the right hand side. Looks like many of the laundry shops have been taken over.

Soi Chayapoon seems stuck in the Dark Ages to me, although the Buakhao end is a bit more lively and the Triangle Bar accounts mainly for that IMO

It is a narrow street and I wonder if it will ever be anything more than it already is. Any time there is a delivery, there is a hold up

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 1

You never know what you are stepping in when it floods. A few jobbies floating around for sure that have come back from the drain. The drainage system must be one of the oldest in Pattaya in Chayapoon. I dont think they have ever dug up and replaced the main sewer pipe.

Edited by Gawd Elpus

I walked the gauntlet down there one evening around 0300, it was slightly nerve racking as going home with a busted ankle was not on my agenda. I'd stopped at a couple of bars on the way up the Soi with a friend, said my goodbyes at the top and walked back down.

I think this Soi definitely has a future, with the area ever expanding it is only a matter of time before it begins to become an option. Perhaps as you say, the Bukhao end will start with the higher rents and better venues and it will slowly spread up the Soi. I noticed a couple of gay joints iirc, plus a few massage places, but the bars we stopped in were actually not bad at all with cheap drinks and some fair to middling eye candy. Triangle bar is a great venue, I enjoyed my time in there that evening and was set to return, but was slightly put off in the afternoon as it seemed to be full of Singha vest & flip flop wearing chancers who wouldn't look out of place sat in front of a 7/11 drinking a bottle of leo via osmosis.

Like many things in LOS, the repairs are done on a "make do and mend" kind of philosophy, but to have any kind of decent marketing potential, it needs to be ripped up and resurfaced. That may well lead to an increase in vehicular traffic though.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

I usually stay on this soi when i'm in town. Its always had problem and always will have them.

It is a shame that the street is in such a poor state. I like having a Guinness in Maggie Mays and a few beers in Anzac bar. It is a nightmare riding a motorbike along this soi and we always park the car on 3rd road.

One of the Soi's that you are less likely to get run into by speeding cars and motorbikes, well not a likely at many others. You do need to keep your best eye on the 'pavement', twisted ankle is very possible. The end at 3td road has a nice restaurant, I suspect it is still there.

One of the Soi's that you are less likely to get run into by speeding cars and motorbikes, well not a likely at many others. You do need to keep your best eye on the 'pavement', twisted ankle is very possible. The end at 3td road has a nice restaurant, I suspect it is still there.

Good point re traffic,

Yes it has silver tables, staffed by Cambodians service is very quick.. I can recommend the Phuck soup it sells out quite quick though.

I just go down soi Lengkee instead.

• Upvote 1

But then you miss all the "hello, massage?" siren calls!

They started using my name so I was put off!

It really is a minefield on Chayapoon....... couldn't imagine trying to ride the bike down there at night-time.

They started using my name so I was put off!

It really is a minefield on Chayapoon....... couldn't imagine trying to ride the bike down there at night-time.

I do frequently, since I come down Chaiyapoon from 3rd Road to go to LKM.

It's a challenge, but if you go slowly and carefully, you can avoid most of the holes.

It is hard to do while scanning the girls in the MPs, but because i have to go very slowly, I can get a longer look, especially if I have to feign confusion about which pothole to avoid.

• Upvote 1

Would Soi Xcite not be better, the speed bumps seemingly less of a danger than the Chaiyapoon, pot-holes?

I will admit I do the assault course when in the mood for an MP dalliance to have a look around. Some of the places on that Rd have abysmal facilities though.

Would Soi Xcite not be better, the speed bumps seemingly less of a danger than the Chaiyapoon, pot-holes?

I will admit I do the assault course when in the mood for an MP dalliance to have a look around. Some of the places on that Rd have abysmal facilities though.

True, narrow Soi though,,,riding down Soi Chopped up is quite funny with the potholes, people taking trucks down there always makes me laugh...

Is that made with phresh phannies?

Made with Phuck and chicken, its quite a sour tasting but very popular there, I can also recommend the Penang Gui and Mamasan curry :llaugh

(For the dim-witted post chasers yes it should be massaman)

Edited by Parkwahn
  • Downvote 1

I walked the gauntlet down there one evening around 0300, it was slightly nerve racking as going home with a busted ankle was not on my agenda. I'd stopped at a couple of bars on the way up the Soi with a friend, said my goodbyes at the top and walked back down.

I think this Soi definitely has a future, with the area ever expanding it is only a matter of time before it begins to become an option. Perhaps as you say, the Bukhao end will start with the higher rents and better venues and it will slowly spread up the Soi. I noticed a couple of gay joints iirc, plus a few massage places, but the bars we stopped in were actually not bad at all with cheap drinks and some fair to middling eye candy. Triangle bar is a great venue, I enjoyed my time in there that evening and was set to return, but was slightly put off in the afternoon as it seemed to be full of Singha vest & flip flop wearing chancers who wouldn't look out of place sat in front of a 7/11 drinking a bottle of leo via osmosis.

Like many things in LOS, the repairs are done on a "make do and mend" kind of philosophy, but to have any kind of decent marketing potential, it needs to be ripped up and resurfaced. That may well lead to an increase in vehicular traffic though.

lol classic ,,