Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2015-16

Winners ?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All hearsay and "alledgedly", but I do have a couple of sources with a bit more insight; and the feeling is that the Glazers (owners) are averse to any change of manager, before Van Gaal completes his contract, and have vetoed moves to bring in Mourinho early. Reading between the lines; they have no desire to cough up any more large wads of cash for new players next season, which any new manager is going to insist upon. Van Gaal is "expected" to get his expensive signings and long-term injury returnees firing for next season. Thoughts are that LVG is going to have to "walk" before any change comes around, and the biggest "signing" is going to be keeping De Gea in the fold; Madrid have been very subdued about that of late, so here's hoping! He is largely responsible for many of the 1-0 wins that have given rise to the surprisingly high league position this season.

None of that (apart from De Gea) fills me, or most supporters, with any hope or joy, as Van Gaal's "poxy" philosophy :rolleyes: is half of the problem. However, it does typify the Glazers IMHO.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   I think Stoke will be fine even though they were outclassed at Arsenal. Having a good goalkeeper should help them in tigher games. I'd like Bournemouth to stay up but I feel they are doomed.

I haven't been around for a while. I'd just like to say that since then my team have become a force again.   UNITED   TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES MAN UNITED TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES I SAY   TWEN

Lol. Does it take a Thai owner to win in English football?

Hi,

Leicester have a difficult game at Sunderland, and if they win that they are almost there. Man Utd face a tough trip to North London against a Spurs side still in with a big shout. Arsenal face a tough away game at West Ham who, hopefully,will have an eye on their FA replay against Man Utd. Looking forward to the Spurs v Man Utd game tomorrow. That should be a cracker.

All hearsay and "alledgedly", but I do have a couple of sources with a bit more insight; and the feeling is that the Glazers (owners) are averse to any change of manager, before Van Gaal completes his contract, and have vetoed moves to bring in Mourinho early. Reading between the lines; they have no desire to cough up any more large wads of cash for new players next season, which any new manager is going to insist upon.

Hi,

That may well be right. One cannot be sure how much money the Glazers have available at the moment as their core business is not doing well. LVG has a good record as a manager, but may be past his best.

Manchester United's star players have been told they face a pay cut. (Times - subscription required)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/louis-van-gaal/erfolge/trainer/2029

Excellent game yesterday between West Ham and Arsenal, but the resulting draw was no good for either teams aspirations. It is hard to see any team breaking into the current top 4 now, and I would think Leicester could pretty much have it in the bag, were we to turn over Tottenham, regardless of their own result against a "fighting" set of Mackems, today.

On a bit of a tangent, ...but the atmosphere at that Europa Cup match in Dortmund against Liverpool, was absolutely stupendous. Can you imagine that sort of welcome and "bon accord" to both the football club and a returning manager, being offered at a British club? A visit to that Westfalenstadion ground for an important match is on my "bucket list". I think I may have missed an opportunity there.

At least Liverpool have had the sense to take that competition seriously, and as their only realistic chance of Champions League football next season.

On a bit of a tangent, ...but the atmosphere at that Europa Cup match in Dortmund against Liverpool, was absolutely stupendous. Can you imagine that sort of welcome and "bon accord" to both the football club and a returning manager, being offered at a British club? A visit to that Westfalenstadion ground for an important match is on my "bucket list". I think I may have missed an opportunity there.

At least Liverpool have had the sense to take that competition seriously, and as their only realistic chance of Champions League football next season.

Hi,

Yeah, met fans in London as they have played Arsenal in the CL. Seem a nice bunch, maybe it's all that excellent Dortmund beer. :gulp Spurs prove too good for Man Utd and are still in the hunt for the Championship. Paddy Power are an Irish company, and because of that they are usually short on Man Utd with the load of money their Irish fans invest in them. Spurs were 1/1(evens) with them yesterday and I couldn't resist that price. Man Utd face a tough game against West Ham in the Cup on Wednesday as they are a good team and were putting the boot in against Arsenal as well. I feel if Man Utd lose that game LVG will not be there next season.

Hi,

Yeah, met fans in London as they have played Arsenal in the CL. Seem a nice bunch, maybe it's all that excellent Dortmund beer. :gulp Spurs prove too good for Man Utd and are still in the hunt for the Championship. Paddy Power are an Irish company, and because of that they are usually short on Man Utd with the load of money their Irish fans invest in them. Spurs were 1/1(evens) with them yesterday and I couldn't resist that price. Man Utd face a tough game against West Ham in the Cup on Wednesday as they are a good team and were putting the boot in against Arsenal as well. I feel if Man Utd lose that game LVG will not be there next season.

I hope your right about the latter , on a side note a mate who is a fanatical Hammers fan as got me a ticket for the game on Wednesday but it means i have to sit with the home supporters but it will probably be the last time i go to Upton Park as they will be moving to the Olympic Stadium next season so i hope it's a good night for M U but it will be a bit of a sad night being there for the last time as i have always liked Upton Park and have had some good times there...........

i have always liked Upton Park and have had some good times there...........

Hi,

Upton Park is an atmospheric venue. I've had a look at the new stadium and feel it lacks character. I'm sure it was built shoddily, but West Ham have altered it for football and it may acquire character over time.

Hi,

Upton Park is an atmospheric venue. I've had a look at the new stadium and feel it lacks character. I'm sure it was built shoddily, but West Ham have altered it for football and it may acquire character over time.

I haven't seen the plans, but many other ex-athletics stadium that I have been to, has the terraces far to remote from the pitch, especially behind the goals, for my liking.

Having said that, The Etihad at Manchester was converted quite well.

Hi,

Good article about Spurs.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

Although slightly obscured by Leicester City’s extraordinary story, Tottenham have also made significant progress this season, quietly establishing themselves as highly credible contenders for the league title, while moving forward in the development of their new stadium.
They have built on the progress made in head coach Mauricio Pochettino’s first season in 2014/15, when Spurs finished fifth in the Premier League and reached the final of the Capital One Cup. After many years of managerial upheaval involving the varied, but ultimately underwhelming talents of Harry Redknapp, André Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, it looks like Spurs have finally found a good one in the young Argentinian.
As chairman Daniel Levy observed, “Mauricio and his coaching staff have created a great team spirit in a stable squad that encompasses both experience and youth. The results speak for themselves.” Not only does it look like Spurs will secure one of the elusive Champions League places, but their success has been built on an exciting brand of aggressive, pacy football, featuring many young talents, such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Eric Dier.

Hi,

It was a great night at west ham last night , one of the best games i have ever seen live and was a fitting farewell to a great football stadium...... :thumbup

It was a great night at west ham last night , one of the best games i have ever seen live and was a fitting farewell to a great football stadium...... :thumbup

Agreed.... About the first time this season that LVG has given the call to go out and play an attacking game; Unless the players ignored him of course ! :lol:

Yet another brilliant game this morning at Anfield too; I really didn't think that they could come-back in that match. Dortmund fans looked absolutely devastated in the ground, long after the final whistle. Klopp has got some "previous total liabilities" playing really well there now, (Lovren, Sakho, Origi etc.) and I think they will be a force next season, with a fit squad and maybe a top-class goalkeeper. Both he and Pocahontas down at Spurs will prove to be exceptional acquisitions in the near future IMHO.

Hi,

I watched on TV. Man Utd's young players came to the party. With City, United and Liverpool seemingly on an upward curve, will they continue their good form into next season like Leicester did this season ?

Klopp has got some "previous total liabilities" playing really well there now, (Lovren, Sakho, Origi etc.) and I think they will be a force next season, with a fit squad and maybe a top-class goalkeeper. Both he and Pocahontas down at Spurs will prove to be exceptional acquisitions in the near future IMHO.

Hi,

Shows you how important good management is in any organisation.

Yes, and the time is ripe for United to recruit/purloin Pocahontas from Spurs right now, to fully integrate and improve the talent already at the club. LVG would not have made any moves in that direction, were he not to have his hand forced by chronic injuries. The "favoured by the masses" Mourinho does not work in that way (I would like to hear an honest reason from Lukaku as to why he was so desperate to get away from the Mourinho/Chelski set up, as I feel it may be relevant), and I think the time has passed for his employment; He really should have taken over from Ferguson. I personally would have no problems with the ethics of poaching another clubs manager in Spurs case, contractual clauses permitting of course; A case of live by the sword, die by the sword with that club.

Hi,

Spurs are in contention after Stoke prove unusally soft at the Britannia. Leicester finish the season at Spurs mortal enemy, Chelsea. Will Chelsea be in as generous a mood as Stoke were last night ? Spurs last game will be away at Newcastle who may need the points or maybe they will be down by then ? Interesting end to the season.

Hi,

Spurs are in contention after Stoke prove unusally soft at the Britannia. Leicester finish the season at Spurs mortal enemy, Chelsea. Will Chelsea be in as generous a mood as Stoke were last night ? Spurs last game will be away at Newcastle who may need the points or maybe they will be down by then ? Interesting end to the season.

To quote an old saying.......... It's squeaky bum time........ :whistling:

Yes, Stoke were dismal on Monday, but Spurs did play well too. One of the more heartening things about the Spurs side, is in general, it is the English players that are really excelling, which can only help the cause this summer.

City dropped points again this morning; ..... Have to live in faint hope that they or Arsenal falter even more, but I doubt it!

I am going to Wembley today after buying a face value ticket from a mate who's gone down with the shit's so can't make it....... :D

I am just hoping that Everton continue their poor run of form to give us a fighting chance of making it to the final , and then going on to win it :whistling:

It's the only thing left for us after an abysmal underperforming season , roll on May and let's get it over with....!!!

My prediction.....United 2

Everton 1

I am going to Wembley today after buying a face value ticket from a mate who's gone down with the shit's so can't make it....... :D

I am just hoping that Everton continue their poor run of form to give us a fighting chance of making it to the final , and then going on to win it :whistling:

It's the only thing left for us after an abysmal underperforming season , roll on May and let's get it over with....!!!

My prediction.....United 2

Everton 1

Well done!

Well done!

Yes it was a win win for me , great atmosphere in the stadium and Man Utd just about scraped home , plus the little wager i had on the result paid for the ticket and the evenings pleasure's........... :beer

Hi,

Another good win by Leicester, even without Vardy. Ulloa stepped up in his absence. Hazard and Fabregas have stated that the Chelsea players would like Leicester to win the title over Spurs, so its going to be hard on Spurs to overtake them at this late stage.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?337107-They-think-it-s-Ulloa

Edited by wacmedia

Hi,

Another good win by Leicester, even without Vardy. Ulloa stepped up in his absence. Hazard and Fabregas have stated that the Chelsea players would like Leicester to win the title over Spurs, so its going to be hard on Spurs to overtake them at this late stage.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?337107-They-think-it-s-Ulloa

I don't think they would anyway , the Leicester players can now see the winning post and seem to be upping their game to reach it......!

Looks like Tottenham blew it this morning. Leicester just need 3 points now. I am not sure ( or even would rather they not :P ) that they will manage it at Old Trafford whilst still missing Vardy, but their home match against Everton, who may well have their holiday bags packed, is a strong possibility. United have to keep flat out, with Arsenal spluttering at the moment; even though I cannot see the top 4 changing.

I am still backing Sunderland to be the escapee at the bottom.

t their home match against Everton, who may well have their holiday bags packed, is a strong possibility.

I am still backing Sunderland to be the escapee at the bottom.

Hi,

Everton seem to be in crisis. There seems an organised move to get rid of Martinez. Every Everton caller to the sports shows blame every failing on Roberto. I can see Everton struggling next season as they appease the fans and sack Martinez. Their best players are on the move and there didn't seem to be any team spirit in the first half against Man Utd. They will need a manager like Southampton have to weather the storm. I agree that Sunderland should stay up but Newcastle are the better team. If Rafa had come in earlier, Newcastle would be well clear of the drop.

Hi,

Will this weekend sort out who becomes Champions ? I'd like Leicester to win the League at Old Trafford. It might end in a draw ? I think Chelsea will take at least a point off Spurs. Chelsea fans will be happy if the team try hard on Monday and I feel they will put in a performance.