Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai International Airways

Thanks for all your help gentlemen. I have booked a seat with West East Tvisit me for a month. I will be out for 4 months :)

West East Travel were excellent and issued ticket within 2 days.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked with Travel Mood in the past! resonable prices but the times I have travelled with them it was half way with Emirates to Dubi and then Thai Airways to BKK! A bit of a pain but the price payed was about £430.

Web Site  www.travelmood.com

Below are afew usful websites:

www.travelbag.com

www.trailfinders.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.expedia.co.uk

www.travel4less.com

Hope these are of some help to you?

Regards,

Good Living,

Stiffler.

• 5 months later...

Just booked my ticket from Heathrow to Bangkok, non stop with Thai air. Fly out on the 15th June return 30th June ..... £382.00 ...+36.80 tax ... Total .. £418.80p. that's booked with    www.lastminute.com

That's a currently running special offer with Thai Airways; It's £6 cheaper at http://www.airline-network.co.uk

This fare is valid for departure dates between 22 April 2003 and 30 June 2003.

This fare must be booked before 30 June 2003.

You must return to the UK by 09 July 2003.

Thai Airways Economy cabin isn't that exciting, considering it's the flag carrier. Good value at that price though.

That's a currently running special offer with Thai Airways; It's £6 cheaper at http://www.airline-network.co.uk

This fare is valid for departure dates between 22 April 2003 and 30 June 2003.

This fare must be booked before 30 June 2003.

You must return to the UK by 09 July 2003.

Thai Airways Economy cabin isn't that exciting, considering it's the flag carrier. Good value at that price though.

Also the full amount must be paid upfront, no change of dates allowed and no refunds for cancellation.

It still a good deal though if you can be confident of your dates.

Gerald.... I don't want to put a downer on things but I am sure Lastminute.com was on BBC Watchdog a few months ago. People complaining about getting tickets late or not at all. If I was you, I would give it 10 days from when you paid and start complaining if you haven't received the ticket.

Thanks Woody,  I will post as soon as i get the tickets :-X i of course hope now the BBC watch dog have done a report i will have the tickets very soon ;Dor :'(

Nice 1 Gerald . I've done a bit of checking around & I still can't get any cheaper flights for my dates in May . I've booked 2 girls from the Eden Club for a little afternoon fun  [smiley=3some.gif] , maybe you should do the same  ;D . You can always tell Joy that you're going out to buy her a present . You'll have to try out the ST rooms in Mistys too . Only problem is if Joy finds out you'll be walking lopsided for a while  [smiley=buzz_saw.gif] .

Derek

Griffo ............ Try ebookers.com for Thai Airways. I've just booked a direct flight to BKK & rtn for £412 + tax.

The dates are fixed once you buy but it's a really good deal. The flight is out of LHR Term 3. My ticket took only 48hrs & it was on the mat! Best of luck.

Cheers Daveyh [smiley=cheers.gif]

Just a word of caution - Ebookers can be shit at times.  Website crashes all the time, you ring a cal centre in India - may have difficulty understanding/being understood.  Also I am still fighting for a refund from a debacle with them a few months ago.  They fucked up.  NOT recommended.  Trailfinders are pretty good and usually the same price.  Ebookers are useful only for flight availability checks in my opinion on their website when it works.

Thai international also give good air miles. On your travel from London to Bangkok you get full air miles; which is around 11,000. BA only give you 25% unless you pay the full price for your ticket, which is around £900.00, full price. Also Thai air gives a min of 500 miles. So on a trip from Bangkok to Udon Thani, which is 295 miles ... you get 500 air miles; 1000 air miles round trip. I think it's around 60,000 air miles for you free ticket; London to Bangkok.

I've never been with Thai air, London to Bangkok before.... can someone tell me .... do you get the tv in the back of the seat and what is the food like on the plane?

Thanks .... see you in Pattaya soon.

Gerald

I have flown Thai from LHR to BKK and the food was very good, heard positive things about the food from others too.  They didn't have the mini screens in economy when I last flew but but they may have upgraded, so I have asked about this and will post an update.  Hope they change the movie selection for when I fly next month as I have either seen or can't be bothered to see the stuff they are showing this month.  Nice to hear that about the airmiles.

BTW the seats have 34 inches of legroom, which is the most I think u will get in standard economy.  

Further to my last post here is an answer I got from someone on a forum on www.travelquality.com

No, there are no personal TVs at economy class in Thai.

They may install them as their new Airbus A340-500/600 comes on line in a couple of years.

But if you have not noticed yet, Thai Airways is significantly behind in all aspects of inflight services in F, J, and Y. But one good thing about TG's Y is the legroom -- still good old thirty four inches. Most Asian airlines, including CX and SQ, reduced Y seat pitches to 32 as they installed PTV.

But if you have not noticed yet, Thai Airways is significantly behind in all aspects of inflight services in F, J, and Y. But one good thing about TG's Y is the legroom -- still good old thirty four inches. Most Asian airlines, including CX and SQ, reduced Y seat pitches to 32 as they installed PTV.

I think Malaysian is the sole major carrier from UK that does both 34 inch seat pitch and PTV.  Maybe not a viable option vis a vis direct flights from Heathrow but certainly worth considering if you fly from Manchester and need to change flights somewhere along the route(MAN to KL direct service).

Tom

I think Malaysian is the sole major carrier from UK that does both 34 inch seat pitch and PTV.  Maybe not a viable option vis a vis direct flights from Heathrow but certainly worth considering if you fly from Manchester and need to change flights somewhere along the route(MAN to KL direct service).

Tom

My favourite airline, so far.

Ah well, I knew there had to be a downside.

Tom

Now, Tommy, be nice now.

I think they were underrated for a while.

In Economy, good service, good food and 34" seat pitch with personal TVs make it one my fave airlines.

Though, if I don't feel like stopping over in KL I might try Evergreen Deluxe.

I may take a look at the pricing of the China Airlines Premium seating.